Baikai, what do you say to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martialscientist

Ok guys, don't get all angels on me.
I am fromt he Bronx and this is how I roll.
A dude insults me, I talk about his mama, till he throws the first punch.
Than I let out a can of woop ***.
My master tought me that way and it's the best.
That's the only way to win, where I am from.
I have not got a chance to kick some major ***, but my master had plenty.

Baikai what do you think about that and the law.
And please no lectures on bushido,
just an oppinion on the approach to injustice in this country.

OP
K

kenpochad

I used to do stuff like that when i was 15:shrug:

OP
M

Martialscientist

Listen if someone messes with you, they deserve a good knock.
15 or 30

OP
B

BaiKaiGuy

Honestly, what Kenpochad said. That is without a dubt the most immature thing I've seen recently on this forum. Goad someone into punching you and then claim self-defense? :mp5:

I grew up in Jersey across the river from NYC. You people ned to check the attitudes at the door, get thicker skin, and knock off the childishness. If you can't settle your problems like adults, don't get upset when people treat you like children.

OP
K

kenpochad

Martialscientist said:
Listen if someone messes with you, they deserve a good knock.
15 or 30
Dont get me wrong if someone swings at me i will take care of them.
but its not worth calling them names to egg it on .
now days people rather shot you than to play around .

OP
M

Martialscientist

Let's see how long your attitude lasts you in my hood.

Bro, I don't like Lawyers,
may be I just met few bad ones, but still.
Attitude is a self-defence mechanism.
If you don't have it, you don't live. Have you been to the ghetto lately?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight, egging on a guy who insults you to instigate a fight increases your chance of survival over just walking away?

Call me skeptical,

Lamont

OP
B

BaiKaiGuy

Martialscientist said:
Let's see how long your attitude lasts you in my hood.

Bro, I don't like Lawyers,
may be I just met few bad ones, but still.
Attitude is a self-defence mechanism.
If you don't have it, you don't live. Have you been to the ghetto lately?
Get over your bad self. Or better yet, don't. People like you keep people like me employed. :whip:

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Martialscientist said:

Oh boy.

One can only hope that one day, the flaws in your plan are pointed out to you.

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Translated from "Bronx-ese" for those of us who are Bronx-impaired...

Martialscientist said:

"Alright everyone, don't act in a mature and responsible fashion.

I have a chip on my shoulder, and this is how I compensate for my feelings of inadequacy and overall intimidation by others.

When I am approached by someone who is of equally tenuous psychological makeup, with abandonment and intimacy issues as deeply held as mine, we engage in a round of mutual insults in order to make ourselves feel better about our own failures, inadequacies, and deficiencies by attempting to belittle those around us. Bringing ourselves up by lowering everyone around us, if you will...

Then I attempt to vent my rage at my father and mother for whatever they may have done to me during my childhood (too little contact, too much contact, overly forceful potty training, what have you) by causing physical harm to another person who really has done me no wrong. I use them as a proxy for the hate and self-loathing I feel as a result of issues I lack the responsibility and maturity to resolve on my own.

My dungeon master rewards me with extra experience points if I roll high on my 20 sided dice.

or alternately

The Chinese guy down the street, the one that kicks dogs and chases kids away from his news stand, told me he was a Shaolin Master and I believed him... So now I hang on his every word, including the ones that encourage me to violate the conditions of my home-arrest program...

I live in an area surrounded by equally poorly educated people who lack the motivation, maturity, and overall guts to pull themselves out of the dumpster and make something meaningful of their lives, so we all engage in mutually self-destructive behavior under the guise of feigned machismo. By beating our chests and growling we believe we are more, rather than less, of a man, even though deep inside we feel isolated, alone, and distant from everyone around us.

At least that's the story he told me the other night when I was washing his car...

Baikai, aren't you impressed with the macho, reckless way I tout the law? Aren't I impressive and dangerous? Do you not quiver with fear in the way I stand against society and the collectively agree upon standards of behavior that would mark me as a civilized being? How awesome am I, who runs about and behaves in chaotic and criminal fashion!

I just want someone to hold me...

Because I don't want yet another person to attempt to draw me out of the fantasy world I live in where grown men behaving like children in a sand lot, arguing over who gets the biggest marble, is somehow respectable and should be encouraged.

Otherwise I'll be forced to accept that I have latent homo-erotic tendencies, and then my self-image would be so deeply challenged I would completely break down and cry in the street... And my rough and tumble companions, upon seeing such a display of vulnerability and self-compassion, would certainly abandon me like my parents did as a toddler that one summer...

Because that's what it is all about, injustice. Not the lack of adult behavior, not obeying established laws so that all may live peacefully, not acting in a mature, responsible fashion in order to set positive examples for children. Rather, it is about pointing the finger of blame at inanimate, abstract, or non-existant causes in an effort to divert the responsibility for my own actions away from me. It is far easier to accept the myth of a conspiracy of global proportions than to admit that I lack self-control, good judgement, and any sense of civic duty.

End translation mode...

Bottom line there, "Martialscientist," you act worse than my 9 year old. My children, let me say that again... my children know more about how to deal with life than you apparently do. Dear God in Heaven I hope you don't breed... I can just imagine how you'd rear your offspring. I'm sure they'd contribute positively to society as a whole.

Or not. :rolleyes:

Pax.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is one of the worst threads that I have ever seen either this is a bad joke or you are "Not a smart man". If your master is telling you to do this who is your master and what art/arts does he teach maybe than we can shed some light of this story. I propose we move this thread to horror stories to be more precise The Great Debate.

OP
F

first123class

Wow Matt, you took that appart.

Have anyone seen "The rumble in the Bronx"? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.