Bad Cops Disgust me

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
They keep calling him a quadrapelegic (sp), but his arms obviously work. I thought quad meant none of your four limbs work.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
They keep calling him a quadrapelegic (sp), but his arms obviously work. I thought quad meant none of your four limbs work.

The man in the video was apparently paralyzed from the upper chest down, from a wrestling accident. He is indeed a quadriplegic because he doesn't have much ability to use his hands, even if he is able to have some motion of his upper limbs.

I knew a deaf man who was in a car accident and he became paralyzed from the neck down. It ended up he lost all ability to use his legs and his hands. He required a motorized wheelchair to get around. Although he may not be able to fingerspell or use his fingers the way most people can, he still could sign (there is enough generality within sign language that even without functional hands, the signed word is obvious). He typed using pencils. He has a special steering wheel for his customized van that allowed him to drive just using his forearms. What I am saying is this man is considered a quadriplegic.

Being a quadriplegic *doesn't mean* that there is *absolutely no motion* with all four limbs.

- Ceicei

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I may draw fire for this one, but I take offense to jail guards being called cops.

No offense to any CO's here, I fully realize the necessity for order and control in a jail/prison setting, but some of the treatment prisoners get in lockup reflects badly on the guys on the road and makes their job all the harder.

Whatever she is, there should be some heads rolling.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I may draw fire for this one, but I take offense to jail guards being called cops.

No offense to any CO's here, I fully realize the necessity for order and control in a jail/prison setting, but some of the treatment prisoners get in lockup reflects badly on the guys on the road and makes their job all the harder.

Whatever she is, there should be some heads rolling.

Below are two paragraphs indicating what actions were taken regarding this situation:

TAMPA -- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department issued an apology after video showing a quadriplegic man being dumped onto the jail floor during his arrest processing.
Following an investigation, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department suspended without pay the employee who has been with the county for 22 years, and two corporals and one sergent with pay.
The paragraphs were quoted from the article below:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=932924

- Ceicei

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

I don't think anyone will take offense. They are two different jobs even though they are both on the same team. I spent the first 6 yrs of my career working in corrections for our Sheriff's dept. before returning and getting my LEO certification.

Some people do treat prisoners badly, but on the other hand, I worked intake alot and the issue we would run into alot is the road guys purposely geeking up their prisoners before they would drop them off and think it was a big joke. Again, I think we are on the same team even though we have different jobs and positions. BUT, what happened in this video is unexcusable. If he was a problem or if they thought he was trying to pull something get someone else there to look into it further.

As for the second video, is that guy a cop or is he a security guard for the park? I might be a little cranky too if I was a big guy like him stuck in that little clown car. LOL Jokes aside, bad day or not, physical abuse like that is unacceptable.

I have talked to people before and told him that I have to wear the sins of others on my badge everyday. Evertime an officer does something like that, it stains my badge and I am judged by their actions.

It sucks, people don't see a bad doctor and say all doctors are bad, but in LE people tend to do that and group us as a whole.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
thats ridculus. he was paralyized! they shouldnt hav done that just for what he did. thats very low and completely unprofessional. :rules::eek:verkill: