The Years Roll On

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've just had one of those moments when you realise that the decades are indeed rolling by.

I was browsing around the Net to see if there are any new releases from some of my favourite artists (Beverly Craven, Judie Tzuke, Kirsten etc) and I found a site for Bailey Tzuke ... Judie Tzuke's all grown up and talented daughter.

Where have all those years gone?

Regardless of my feelings of mortality, her site is very slick and well built it has to be said. It's well worth a look and a listen to be honest. She obviously inhereted some of her mother and fathers musical genes :D.

http://www.mybaileytzuke.com/

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean because I had the same feeling yesterday. I was looking into some facts about the Royal Family when I realised that the Duke of Windsor's daughters were 20 and 18. That really took me by surprise.

The years just catapult by.

A person I work with offered a theory as to why the years seem to go by so fast the other day. You see, when you are one a year is 100% of your life, but when you are fifty it is only 2%. Interesting idea but I don't know.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whatever the reason, it is indeed curious how to reach 18 can take a glacial eternity and then the years tick off with ever greater rapidity the less time you have left - it's so unfair :D.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whatever the reason, it is indeed curious how to reach 18 can take a glacial eternity and then the years tick off with ever greater rapidity the less time you have left - it's so unfair :D.

I think it is because after 18, generally speaking, we stop just being and start doing.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean because I had the same feeling yesterday. I was looking into some facts about the Royal Family when I realised that the Duke of Windsor's daughters were 20 and 18. That really took me by surprise.

The years just catapult by.

A person I work with offered a theory as to why the years seem to go by so fast the other day. You see, when you are one a year is 100% of your life, but when you are fifty it is only 2%. Interesting idea but I don't know.

I think another reason might be the fact that you notice less, because you've seen so much of it all before... and without that engagement, there's much less to anchor you to the details of the ordinary, which I suspect have the effect of slowing down time. When everything is new, you're much more engaged and involved, and there seems to be so much more going on. At a certain age and stage, I think you kind of stop noticing everything but the biggies... deaths of parents, deaths of friends... :(

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I agree with the sentiments expressed, but, I also think that at some point our level of responsibility changes (family, jobs, etc.) and we become so caught up and focused in fulfilling these responsibilites (priorities) that time just slips away before we even realize it.

Latest Discussions