Knight Rider

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What was everybody take on the new KnightRider series, I thought it was OK the car was fantastic but those commercial was killing me. I believe this will be pretty good if they keep with the theme of the original one.

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
i like the storyline and i of course fell in love with car but i wasnt impressed with any of the actors in it at all. i dont think ill watch the next one. in fact my brother was the one who made me watch it last nite.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see.

It wasn't bad. It wasn't great.

I'm not certain the concept is going to hold up as well today as it did 25 years ago. But I think that'll depend on the stories. I'm already a little skeptical 'cause they got very international at the end. (Sorry, being a little vague so as not to put out any major spoilers.)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't watch it; I just wasn't in the mood for that type of show last night.

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was glad that they made it a continuation of the original series instead of acting like it was something new. I really didn't mind the new car, I only wish that they used the original actor as the voice of K.I.T.T.

It would have been cool if Hoff drove off from the funeral in the original car.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I bemoan the fact that the writers of hollywood and tv land can't think of anything NEW to come up with for a show/film, that they got to rehash a popular one from days gone by.

What's next? Remake of B.J. and the Bear?

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was glad that they made it a continuation of the original series instead of acting like it was something new. I really didn't mind the new car, I only wish that they used the original actor as the voice of K.I.T.T.
I don't know about that. I wouldn't expect a different car with 20 years of A.I. advancements to have that same slightly digitized voice.
It would have been cool if Hoff drove off from the funeral in the original car.
I know!!! I was thinking the same thing. Though, I seem to remember that the original KITT was destroyed & that only the AI module (looked like a removable stereo) survived.

The new car was terribly sweet, though...

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I bemoan the fact that the writers of hollywood and tv land can't think of anything NEW to come up with for a show/film, that they got to rehash a popular one from days gone by.

What's next? Remake of B.J. and the Bear?

Dude, I want a new "Every Which Way But Loose". That would be rad!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. Of course, the car is something I'd love to have in the garage, but sadly, I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was disappointed. It started off ok, then I actually got bored with it and ended up flipping to The Family Guy. I'm a fan of the original series but was unimpressed with the new take. They were smart to make it a continuation of the original though. I don't see the new series making it.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Loved that car but the acting / plot I did not. Those commercials were nothing but a cheap sell on the movie and Ford products in general.
:shrug:

kailat

Green Belt
Reaction score
NOW THE FALL GUY would be a good one to bring back.

Mark my word.. Something like the A' TEAM will be up next in a few years.. they'll either make a movie or a new TV type theme using the A team.. 20 yrs later or something...

it'll happen... yup

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is rumored that the A-Team will be a movie in a couple of years. The Fall Guy was a great show but I think it was great because of Lee Majors. I'm glad that they finally put the first season on DVD. Love that show.

Latest Discussions