Atrial Fibrillation

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can you find any exercise that's easier than "walking"? I thought walking is the easiest exercise on earth.
Breathing is easier exercise (for most), but if you can't do that right, walking sucks.

Do you nose breath, or mouth breath? Both?

Last edited:
OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can you find any exercise that's easier than "walking"? I thought walking is the easiest exercise on earth.
Walking is only easy if you are not in pain. I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet. This causes me extreme pain if I walk more than a certain distance, and that distance changes daily depending on how the neuropathy expresses itself on any given day. In addition to actual pain, neuropathy slowly causes my brain to lose communication with my feet, which means foot slapping, toe dragging, staggering, and sometimes tripping. I have trouble getting through my day in my large office building if I have to go to more than one meeting. There's no cure for it, nerve damage is permanent. Exercise doesn't fix it. Do you understand now, doctor?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Walking is only easy if you are not in pain. I have diabetic neuropathy in my feet. This causes me extreme pain if I walk more than a certain distance, and that distance changes daily depending on how the neuropathy expresses itself on any given day. In addition to actual pain, neuropathy slowly causes my brain to lose communication with my feet, which means foot slapping, toe dragging, staggering, and sometimes tripping. I have trouble getting through my day in my large office building if I have to go to more than one meeting. There's no cure for it, nerve damage is permanent. Exercise doesn't fix it. Do you understand now, doctor?
Gabapentin?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I get a chance I'm going to post some stuff on seated exercises that might help you, like the seated brocades. Simple to learn, and valuable to know. Basically, stretching and breathwork stuff that does not require standing at all. Know one person with MD who does these and they work.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm home now. Got a nice burn mark on my chest. The cardioversion did not work. We discussed some medication to control my heart rhythm but I rejected it. I can barely function with the metoprolol and blood thinners I'm taking now. I can't do it. We'll talk about ablation.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There's no cure for it, nerve damage is permanent. Exercise doesn't fix it. Do you understand now, doctor?
My mom has this. She says acupuncture helps where medicine doesn't. But you actually have to find someone that understands it and not someone who took a crash course in it.

Not sure if you are interested in stuff like that, but if so I can ask her more detail about it and how she found the right person to do the acupuncture.

Both. I like to inhale through nose and exhale through both nose and mouth.
I used to run long distance like that.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm home now. Got a nice burn mark on my chest. The cardioversion did not work. We discussed some medication to control my heart rhythm but I rejected it. I can barely function with the metoprolol and blood thinners I'm taking now. I can't do it. We'll talk about ablation.
Wow. I'll keep you in my prayers.

I'll keep this for back up in case you need it.

Thanks for keeping us posted

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
For what it's worth, you might want to check out Gunnar Borg's RPE system. It was designed for people in rehab for conditions like yours. With the metaprolol artificially dampening your heart, you can still exercise within doctors limits, but knowing the CR-10 scale is helpful for safely getting to know the "new you".

Good luck. Breathe in, out.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My mom has this. She says acupuncture helps where medicine doesn't. But you actually have to find someone that understands it and not someone who took a crash course in it.

Not sure if you are interested in stuff like that, but if so I can ask her more detail about it and how she found the right person to do the acupuncture.

I used to run long distance like that.
Thank you for the kind offer. I have a bit too much on my plate right now, but I do appreciate it.

Latest Discussions