Anyone know who Moon Lee in Australia is?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, technically it would be libel, not slander, since this is a written medium. But I get your point and I agree.

Sadly, there are a couple individuals here who are well known for repeating unfounded and/or unsupported rumors about any organization other than theirs. This is sad, because I personally think there is plenty of room in the world for different, equally valid, flavors of Tae Kwon Do.

Of course, I'm also the sort of silly idealist who would like to think that people could tell the difference between me posting my opinion and me repeating my GMs position. Craziness, eh?

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, technically it would be libel, not slander, since this is a written medium. But I get your point and I agree.

Sadly, there are a couple individuals here who are well known for repeating unfounded and/or unsupported rumors about any organization other than theirs. This is sad, because I personally think there is plenty of room in the world for different, equally valid, flavors of Tae Kwon Do.

Of course, I'm also the sort of silly idealist who would like to think that people could tell the difference between me posting my opinion and me repeating my GMs position. Craziness, eh?
true, libel would have been a better term. I havent seen them dig up any 'dirt' on clubs from their organisation . I was particularly disappointed in comments made in this thread regarding rhee tkd, who are huge in this country and have an excellent reputation for producing good black belts, and by all reports master rhee is a very good tkdoin and person. Using terms such as 'brainwashing students" and "building an empire" are uncalled for. Very disappointing in my opinion.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
true, I havent seen them dig up any 'dirt' on clubs from their organisation . I was particularly disappointed in comments made in this thread regarding rhee tkd, who are huge in this country and have an excellent reputation for producing good black belts, and by all reports master rhee is a very good tkdoin and person. Using terms such as 'brainwashing students" and "building an empire" are uncalled for. Very disappointing in my opinion.

I did not know that GM Rhee had such a large system in AUS. He's well known here for his schools in the southern US, primarily Texas. My own Master has met GM Rhee and speaks very respectfully of him.
I find the "brainwashing" and "empire building" comments amusing, since the exact same comment could be made towards most any org.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did not know that GM Rhee had such a large system in AUS. He's well known here for his schools in the southern US, primarily Texas. My own Master has met GM Rhee and speaks very respectfully of him.
I find the "brainwashing" and "empire building" comments amusing, since the exact same comment could be made towards most any org.
Its a different GM rhee here than the one in the US I believe. His is the only club Im aware of that has clubs all over australia. Unlike what was 'reported' by our in-house investigator here, they do very little, if any advertising (other than an ad in the phone book) and reputation alone keeps the club growing and expanding. They are very well respected, I certainly cant say anything negative about their students or instructors .

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
You sure Youre not thinking of Jhoon Rhee? Because thats a whole other Organisation :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its a different GM rhee here than the one in the US I believe. His is the only club Im aware of that has clubs all over australia. Unlike what was 'reported' by our in-house investigator here, they do very little, if any, advertising (other than an ad in the phone book) and reputation alone keeps the club growing and expanding. They are very well respected, I certainly cant say anything negative about their students or instructors .

Interesting. Besides the name, they also share commercial success and ties to the ITF. Hence my confusion. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You sure Youre not thinking of Jhoon Rhee? Because thats a whole other Organisation :)

Yes, I was. No first name was used, and given GM Jhoon Rhees commercial success, and the mention of ITF ties, I would not have been suprised to hear that his org had spread to AUS.

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So what GM Rhee's are we talking about here? We have GM Jhoon Rhee in the USA, a GM Rhee in AUS, and we have GM Ki Ha Rhee in the UK (just to confuse it some more :) ), and they're all ITF?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
So what GM Rhee's are we talking about here? We have GM Jhoon Rhee in the USA, a GM Rhee in AUS, and we have GM Ki Ha Rhee in the UK (just to confuse it some more :) ), and they're all ITF?

GM Rhee, Chong Chul is the gentleman in Australlia. While they all have roots in the ITF both Rhee, Chong Chul and Jhoon Rhee left Gen. Choi fairly early on. All three have sizeable followings.

Pax,

Chris

RobinTKD

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me Chris. Even though I'm ITF, I don't hold a lot of love for Gen. Choi, instead if there's any one of the pioneers who I 'idolise' its GM Ki Ha Rhee. I met him last year, his technique and knowledge was amazing, and he was incredibly humble, he just stood and talked and went through some of the Chan Hong forms with me, a lowly red belt at the time. He did that even though I wasn't part of his organisation (UKTA) and it was before I found out that my Sabum had spent a good few years training with him.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Well duh! Didn't you know?

Shhhhh... its a conspiracy...

OP
mastercole

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
GM Rhee, Chong Chul is the gentleman in Australlia. While they all have roots in the ITF both Rhee, Chong Chul and Jhoon Rhee left Gen. Choi fairly early on. All three have sizeable followings.

Pax,

Chris

GM Jhoon Go Rhee told me that he never left ITF because he was never in the ITF. What did he tell you abut that?

OP
mastercole

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
They just can't quit you Ralph. Some sort of unhealthy fixation on their part it seems. But stalkers are why there's shovels and back yards ya know.

The question was about Moo Lee, based on a video that was posted, by Ralph. If you know about Moon Lee, great, add something useful, if you can.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The question was about Moo Lee, based on a video that was posted, by Ralph. If you know about Moon Lee, great, add something useful, if you can.

Naw. You're doing a great job stalking without me. I just got new shoes and wouldn't want to kick over the 'piles' you all like trodding in, so keep up the 'good work' and I'll be hanging out in the grown ups lounge.

Toodles duckey.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awww... you've got your own little CyberStalker... isn't it cute? :)

Please don't confuse a good memory with "cyberstalking". Would you like me to summarize what you have disclosed on MT about yourself?

Latest Discussions