Anyone know who Moon Lee in Australia is?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sadly, there are a couple individuals here who are well known for repeating unfounded and/or unsupported rumors about any organization other than theirs. This is sad, because I personally think there is plenty of room in the world for different, equally valid, flavors of Tae Kwon Do.

Actually, both GM Lee and GM Rhee hail from our organizations. GM Lee for example, is a Jidokwan member, which was my first kwan and also mastercole's kwan. Both of us also enjoy solid personal relationships with many jidokwan members, including the past and current kwan jang. My jidokwan teacher lives about two blocks from me and one of my closest jidokwan seniors lives almost exactly one mile down the road. I know this because he jogs past my house and he said that looping past my house is the one mile mark. GM Lee also has kukkiwon certification.

GM Rhee as well as at least one of his brothers also have kukkiwon certification, even though they teach a version of the ITF curriculum.

As for different flavors of taekwondo, again, I am constantly stating my opinion that you can teach whatever you want as far as taekwondo goes. However, if you are going to vary from the kukkiwon curriculum, then please do not mislead people into thinking that what you do conforms to the kukkiwon technical standards when they do not.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I did not know that GM Rhee had such a large system in AUS. He's well known here for his schools in the southern US, primarily Texas. My own Master has met GM Rhee and speaks very respectfully of him.

Different GM Rhee.

OP
mastercole

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
I did not know that GM Rhee had such a large system in AUS. He's well known here for his schools in the southern US, primarily Texas. My own Master has met GM Rhee and speaks very respectfully of him.
I find the "brainwashing" and "empire building" comments amusing, since the exact same comment could be made towards most any org.

You are thinking of GM Jhoon Rhee, it's not him.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
GM Rhee as well as at least one of his brothers also have kukkiwon certification, even though they teach a version of the ITF curriculum.

Forgot to mention that General Choi is, or was, a member of the Chung Do Kwan, which is my kwan, so by extension his followers are too. So that makes GM Rhee part of our "organization" as well in this additional way. When we have Chung Do Kwan meetings and gatherings in the US, GM NAM Tae Hi always attends, as do a lot of other Oh Do Kwan or ITF types.

Latest Discussions