Amazing what you can purchase on Ebay these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Jphtkd

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if the seller knows that the USTU no longer exists

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wonder if the seller knows that the USTU no longer exists
The people who buy those certificates don't care. I've seen IKKA kenpo certificates being sold on e-bay signed by SGM Ed Parker and he died 19 years ago. There is obviously a market for these certificates.

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
*Hoping that the buyers and sellers are going for the collector and historical markets*

:duh:
:hb:

*knows it's not true*

OP
Jphtkd

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
"THIS IS NOT MEANT TO CONVEY REAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WE ONLY OFFER THIS AS A NOVELTY ITEM. BUYING THIS DOES NOT INFER YOU COMPLETED ANY SCHOOLING. THERE ARE ALOT OF KNOCK OFFS OF OUR WORK ON EBAY, WE HAVE BEEN SELLING THESE AT SHOWS, FESTIVALS AND CRAFT SHOWS FOR 3 YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANYONE EVER COMPLAIN. THESE CERTIFICATES ARE REALLY HIGH END. YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT WHAT THESE ARE."

A knock-off of a fake certificate (listed as a "marshall arts" certificate btw)... would the knock-off of the fake = a real certificate?

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Doh! And here I've been a chump and sweating and getting injured...To bad Billy Mays is dead, they could have an infomercial. On the other hand maybe they could get Vince "The Sham-wow guy"."Hi, it's Vince here for the Sham-Dan blackbelt system.You ever want to be able to impress a woman by telling her you're a blackbelt but you hate the thought of all those nasty pushups and repetitive Hyungs? Well, those days are over!...But wait there's more. Call in the next 20 minutes, cause we can't do this all day, and receive a bonus Dan upgrade for no extra cost! A $29.95 value free!"

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh how sad this time in life is that people go through these steps to make credentials..

Sigh...

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, this is one of the reasons why I no longer look at rank or belts when meeting a new martial artist, whether a junior color belt or even a high dan holder. It's all about the knowledge in their head or how they perform on the floor.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way, the seller is a Mr. Gordon and he appears to teach the KKW forms. This might not be a bad deal if he can really hook you up with a legit KKW rank, assuming you have the skills of course. Of course, it'd be pretty hard to acquire the skill level to be a real black belt without training in a school and having access to partners of multiple sizes and shapes.

OP
Jphtkd

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You can watch them slap fight on youtube:

Last edited by a moderator:

yorkshirelad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Doh! And here I've been a chump and sweating and getting injured...To bad Billy Mays is dead, they could have an infomercial. On the other hand maybe they could get Vince "The Sham-wow guy"."Hi, it's Vince here for the Sham-Dan blackbelt system.You ever want to be able to impress a woman by telling her you're a blackbelt but you hate the thought of all those nasty pushups and repetitive Hyungs? Well, those days are over!...But wait there's more. Call in the next 20 minutes, cause we can't do this all day, and receive a bonus Dan upgrade for no extra cost! A $29.95 value free!"
LOL. I couldn't resist reading this outloud in a Billy Mays voice and pointing to my monitor. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.