Amazing what you can purchase on Ebay these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
What I like the best about this was that it was a Korean Cert, written in Chinese and English.

You mean Koreans don't use Chinese or English?! :uhyeah: Well flip my brain and call me Pancakes!!

Well what else would Koreans use for writing? Hangul? Thats just baffling!!:rofl:

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yeah, but is it as good as learning karate the fun and easy way?

51WoOLxpYBL._SS500_.jpg

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The certs on that page and the others posted on ebay are all garbage. They are all generic or from bogus org's. There was a guy trying to sell KKW certs on the web but he was caught by KKW officials and stripped of rank.
Not surprising to see an ATA cert on there.
It is not the cert that is important, it is the signature on it and the journey to get it. I know many great tkd students and masters who, for one reason or another, do not have KKW or ITF cert's.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you are not "purchasing" skills through blood (yours and others), sweat (yours) and tears (yours and others), you don't deserve a dan rank. If anyone wishes to delude himself into thinking he has achieved a rank obtained any other way, he is not a martial artist. He is an idiot.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I like the best about this was that it was a Korean Cert, written in Chinese and English.

You mean Koreans don't use Chinese or English?! :uhyeah: Well flip my brain and call me Pancakes!!

Well what else would Koreans use for writing? Hangul? Thats just baffling!!:rofl:

Hangul is a casual Korean script. The more formal script, Hanja, contains characters borrowed heavily from the Chinese. Just sayin' ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
great looking certificate tho, clean, uncluttered, kinda like the new design on the Walmart brand foods....

And don't forget the Wal-Mart brand wine to go with the Wal-Mart brand foods :D

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'll probably catch some crap for this but....... What is the difference between these and some schools issuing thier own dan certificates. Or buying these to use for there school
Keep in mind I do not use them we promote thru Kukkiwon.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I will add that in some peoples eyes they are both the same. unless your some one like Jhoon Rhee or along that line.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll probably catch some crap for this but....... What is the difference between these and some schools issuing thier own dan certificates. Or buying these to use for there school
Keep in mind I do not use them we promote thru Kukkiwon.

There is no difference at all, remember a certificate means nothing except you spent time in a dojaang. What really matters is can you survive it need be.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will add that in some peoples eyes they are both the same. unless your some one like Jhoon Rhee or along that line.

Even his does not hold what it once did, he has so many pass instructor using his name and sytem but teaches nothing like the old days.

sadantkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just watched the sparring on youtube, and it may just be the worst thing I've ever seen.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
yeah, cuz we ALL know that a KKW cert means quality....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess one why to look at it is. If wanted to move to a different country someday and wanted to attend or open my own school. I think I would rather have the clout of KKW hanging on my wall then that of a Dan certificate from someone... lets say like Larry's Double Foot TKD. It really doesn't matter how good I think I am, quality is in the eye of the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions