Aaron Cook Signs up for US Open!!!!

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
You didnt wait for it....

I said... WAIT for it, wait.... here is comes.... any second now..... :rofl:
I got tired of waiting...so I thought I would up the ante to get the response we are all waiting for....Then again, I think I should have waited until after the school lunch break when he gets his chance to be on the computer.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
True its only 12:30 in Texas right now.... But i thought the SMART phone was set up with Alerts for any hit of Lopez on the web.....
icon12.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From your forum name I didn't realise you had it in you!

OK, I think it's me, you and Tez (I'm assuming) betting against most of the board then ;-)

Count me in! someone give Sukerkin a shout lol! FieldDiscipline should be around somewhere too. :ultracool

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Steven Lopez must be supporting the call for a boycott by Halapino!!!!!!!

Never thought that I would see him support Denise!!!!LOL

Aaron Cook is coming all the way from England and you can't bother to bring your gear from Houston and get in the Ring!!!!!

The US Open is in your back yard!!!! WOW!!!!! REALLY!!!!!COME ON STEVEN FIGHT!!!!!!

STEVEN!!!!! TJ Curry put you to the test!!!! What do you think that Aaron Cook is going to do!!!!!

I will LMAO if you are at the US OPEN trying to sell some Witch Doctor Product again!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
18-32 Male Black Dan 1st / Poom 1st / Black Dan 9th 74.1 - 80.0 lbs (UNDER 80 KG) 10 ADJETEY, DAVID KONEY PENDING USA Utah
BERGERON, MARC-ANDRÉ PENDING Canada Quebec
CHERNOUBI, ISSAM PENDING Morocco Morocco
COOK, AARON PENDING UK
ENNADIRI, AYYOUB PENDING Netherlands -
FORD, LUKE G. CONFIRMED USA Florida
MCDONALD, LANCE GORDON PENDING USA Texas
MOLLET, TOMMY PENDING Netherlands N/A
NA, ANIL KUMAR SR. PENDING India HARYANA
RICHARDS, RUEBYN PENDING UK GB

Double checked still no Steven Lopez!!!!!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Lopez?? You in there Lopez?"

[yt]HYeZOSz898k[/yt]

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think he has fought at a US Open in years. I want to say that at this point, he has nothing to prove and only fights at World Championships and the Olympics. I think he fought at that tournament where he got knocked out because there was prize money involved.

I hear he is not fighting at worlds

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
Steven Lopez must be supporting the call for a boycott by Halapino!!!!!!!

Never thought that I would see him support Denise!!!!LOL

Aaron Cook is coming all the way from England and you can't bother to bring your gear from Houston and get in the Ring!!!!!

The US Open is in your back yard!!!! WOW!!!!! REALLY!!!!!COME ON STEVEN FIGHT!!!!!!

STEVEN!!!!! TJ Curry put you to the test!!!! What do you think that Aaron Cook is going to do!!!!!

I will LMAO if you are at the US OPEN trying to sell some Witch Doctor Product again!!!!!!

Hahahaa! The numbers are 486 this morning with 17 days left to register! Oregon State is only 80 under the US Open!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hahahaa! The numbers are 486 this morning with 17 days left to register! Oregon State is only 80 under the US Open!

Did a local tournament a couple of weeks ago and it had 350, what is going on? Maybe everyone is waiting till the last minute.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score

But correct me if I am wrong but 125 or so are for sport poomsae so really they only have around 350 to spar with 10 age groups and 16 wieght classes, now that is both men and women so about an average of 3-7 in each catagory. WOW not looking good right now, also they have no-one in some wieght classes.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
That got me curious, so I looked at the registrations as of 1015 EST 1/31:
5 groups with only 1 competitor
6 groups with only 2
6 groups with only 3
6 groups with only 4

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So twenty three groups that will recieve a medal no-matter what simply because they do not have enough people and five that can walk around saying I am th US Open Gold medalist without even one match. That is a dam shame.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well anything can happen. We just had our AKA Grands this weekend and our numbers were at 430 on Friday, however, our final online registration was at 722. This number doesn't reflect the "at door" registrations. So US Open might still be able to pull the numbers up...granted not as high as they have done in the past, but still.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why come there was never 1 or 2 competitors in MY division when I fought???? I want to say I am a US Open Champion!!!!

And also.... I can not believe that this thread has gone through the weekend without and nut-sa-wing-innnn....
icon10.gif

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why come there was never 1 or 2 competitors in MY division when I fought???? I want to say I am a US Open Champion!!!!

And also.... I can not believe that this thread has gone through the weekend without and nut-sa-wing-innnn....
icon10.gif
He must have me on ignore mode. Oh well.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think he has fought at a US Open in years. I want to say that at this point, he has nothing to prove and only fights at World Championships and the Olympics. I think he fought at that tournament where he got knocked out because there was prize money involved.

Steven Lopez has not fought at the US Open in years. Probably the mid 1990's!!!!

He should have been fighting in the US Open every year! IMHO

Steven Lopez has plenty to prove!!!! Aaron Cook KO'd him in Mexico!

Aaron Cook will be at the US Open!!! Steven Lopez prove that it was a fluke!!!!

Fight at the US Open!!!!!

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
WTF WORLD RANKING (FEBRUARY 1, 2011)
MEN'S UNDER 80KG

1 AARON COOK GREAT BRITAIN M-80 21.96 73.17 95.13
2 SEBASTIEN MICHAUD CANADA M-80 26.90 58.50 85.40
3 MAURO SARMIENTO ITALY M-80 47.01 32.34 79.35
4 NICOLAS GARCIA HEMME SPAIN M-80 32.40 45.00 77.40
5 MASOUD HAJIZAVAREH IRAN M-80 1.80 75.00 76.80
6 NABIL HASSAN TALAL JORDAN M-80 0.00 45.00 10.00 55.00
7 STEVEN LOPEZ USA M-80 53.00 0.00 53.00
8 ABDELRAHMAN OSAMA TAWFIK EGYPT M-80 5.00 37.47 42.47
9 ISSAM CHERNOUBI MOROCCO M-80 0.00 40.20 40.20
10 JOSE LUIS RAMIREZ MONROY MEXICO M-80 11.34 26.94 38.28

World Ranking Points are another reason that Steven Lopez should fight at the US Open. His failure to fight in any tournament in 2010 earned him 00 points. He has dropped from #1 in the World to #7. World ranking points will be used for seeding at the 2012 Olympic Games. Steven has put himself behind the 8 ball and will not get the best possible draw in 2012. Meanwhile Aaron Cook fights often and accumulates points he will have a big advantage in 2012. If Lopez chooses not to fight in the US Open like he did last year he has given up potentially 40 World Ranking Points. That is the difference between #2 and #7.

Steven's failure to fight is going to cost him!!! Not very smart Steven Lopez!!!!!

Aaron Cook is putting himself in the best possible position to win Gold in 2012!!!!
Very smart Aaron Cook!!!!!!

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I can say is that if the USAT is telling other countries that this tournament should be used as a tune-up, than why are our athletes not there showing the way? I wish we had better control over things but maybe Steven age is starting to show and he needs the time to make sure he is 100% for the 2012 games.

OP
G

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
All I can say is that if the USAT is telling other countries that this tournament should be used as a tune-up, than why are our athletes not there showing the way? I wish we had better control over things but maybe Steven age is starting to show and he needs the time to make sure he is 100% for the 2012 games.

If that is his strategy, I believe it to be a flawed strategy! Steven will be 34 Years Old in 2012. An easier draw would be a big help. His "NO FIGHT" strategy will cause him to have a tough draw in the Olympic Qualifying Event. He will get a tough first round match! He should be fighting as much as possible. It is Aesop's fable the Tortoise and the Hare. Steven gets out to a big lead and decides to sleep on the side of the(TKD) track with his Olympic/World Championship Medals dreaming of Gold in 2012. While Aaron Cook keeps fighting and getting better when Steven finally wakes up the whole World will be so far ahead of him he will never be able to catch up!!!!

Wake up Steven Lopez and fight at the US Open before the TKD World leaves you behind!!!!

Hubris is the classic reason that the "Mighty Fall". It will be the down fall of the Lopez Clan.

The demise of "FAMILY POWER"!!!!!

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is why I love TKD competition even if I'm not a sport TKD fan. This type of rivalry is electric and Cook is an excellent role model for hundreds of young athletes.

Latest Discussions