Aaron Cook Signs up for US Open!!!!

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching Mr Cook fight.

CALL TO STEVEN LOPEZ!!!!

MR COOK IS COMING TO TEXAS IT WIIL BE A SHAME FOR YOU NOT TO FIGHT HIM!!!!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I understand that Mr. Lopez is not fighting at the US Open, even though it is in his backyard.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just goes to show that Lopez is terrified of Cook and the likely embarassment of getting "Cooked" in front of all his friends and family.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What weight class will he be fighting in? Just wondering if i should keep my featherweight home...lol.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wait for it.... Wait for it..... Any second now..... Waaaiiiittt...

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just goes to show that Lopez is terrified of Cook and the likely embarassment of getting "Cooked" in front of all his friends and family.

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think he has fought at a US Open in years. I want to say that at this point, he has nothing to prove and only fights at World Championships and the Olympics. I think he fought at that tournament where he got knocked out because there was prize money involved.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh man! Now I wish we were going. Would be great to see him compete.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are there many tkd tournaments with prizemoney now that its popularity is growing? Also, would aaron cook have sponsors or something to pay his airfares and accomodation for something like this or would he pay for it himself?

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am reasonably certain that Great Britain's NGB will pay his way.

The only tourney I know that pays cash and prizes is GM Young In Cheon's Team Fightoff each year as part of his Intl TKD Festival (http://www.tkdfest.com). Not to say that there aren't others, I am just not aware of them what with my sheltered life and all.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are there many tkd tournaments with prizemoney now that its popularity is growing? Also, would aaron cook have sponsors or something to pay his airfares and accomodation for something like this or would he pay for it himself?

My knowledge on this may not be 100% accurate (and I'm sure someone will pipe up with minor corrections if that's the case), but in the meantime in general terms it's better than nothing.

The athletes in the UK do get some funding. This seems to mainly come from "UK Sport" which gets its funds from the UK National Lottery and the government. This money pays for (AFAIK) a living expense/wage/stipend, travel and accommodation expenses.

The elite UK athletes now train full time at the National Taekwondo Performance Centre in Manchester.

They are however looking for sponsors.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
From your forum name I didn't realise you had it in you!

OK, I think it's me, you and Tez (I'm assuming) betting against most of the board then ;-)
I'm English, Irish & German...I'm always at war with myself...Or if I wanted to politically correct on my heritage I'm Euro-slut-American. :)

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll chip in $5.00 bucks towards prize money if Lopez fights Cook. :) Of course it will be hard for Lopez to kick with Texkwondo swinging from his nuts as usual.

You didnt wait for it....

I said... WAIT for it, wait.... here is comes.... any second now..... :rofl: