A secret identity no more

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After quite some time of posting under the name, Celtic Tiger, I am now just posting under my name, Daniel Sullivan. I'm still the Celtic Tiger at heart, but no need to wear it as a patch on my dobok, lol.

Daniel

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Daniel :waves:. I have no doubt that the name change will have little impact on the good quality of your posts and opinions, my friend.

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why thank you!

Edit: Thank you both! Sukerkin posted about a tenth of a second ahead of me. In top fuel, that's quite a margin!

Daniel

Last edited:

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Warm greeting to your undisguised self, Daniel! :)

... but what made you decide to drop the Celtic Tiger moniker, if I might ask? I really enjoyed your mythical-beast username (in the sense that, as far as I know, none of the Celtic-speaking countries were ever dwelling places for real tigers—Scottish wild cats, no question, but not tigers burning bright...)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Daniel if you feel the need to let people know who you are that is great but for me you shall always be celtic Tiger.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
An official Welcome to you, Daniel.

I still forget my name. I'll have to ask Mrs. IcemanSK:mst:

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
After quite some time of posting under the name, Celtic Tiger, I am now just posting under my name, Daniel Sullivan. I'm still the Celtic Tiger at heart, but no need to wear it as a patch on my dobok, lol.

Daniel

Welcome in from the cold, Daniel.

Gord

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations Daniel... fteh MT poster formally known as Celtic Tiger... IF that is of course who you REALLY are.

Careful Daniel or he wil start that you've offended my family shtick...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome in your new/real identity!

When I first joined, I was concerned about using my "real" name - but at this point so many people know my as Kacey (which is my initials - K. C.) that I don't know that I'd want to change it at this point.

MasterWright

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Daniel Sun, Snatch these pebbles from my hand... sorry, two different movies.

I don't whatever name that you choose to be referred to because you are a great guy just the same.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Xue and I are just concerned with what happened to our friend Celtic Tiger.
icon12.gif
If you are really him please provide us with some details?
icon10.gif

OP
D

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Warm greeting to your undisguised self, Daniel! :)

... but what made you decide to drop the Celtic Tiger moniker, if I might ask?
Mainly because I feel that if I post as who I am, it comes across as more in person. I'm happy to give people the website and address to the dojang, so it isn't like someone couldn't find me in person if they really wanted to. I figure that if I'm going to get up on an internet soapbox, as I sometimes do, I should do so as myself and not as a nickname. That is a personal thing, so in no way to I expect that of others. Posting under my own name certainly won't change the quality of my posts, so they'll be as bad or as good as always, depending upon what one thinks of my posts.:D

I really enjoyed your mythical-beast username (in the sense that, as far as I know, none of the Celtic-speaking countries were ever dwelling places for real tigers—Scottish wild cats, no question, but not tigers burning bright...)
Definitely a mythical beast, as there are no naturally occurring tigers in either Ireland or Scotland. The term actually was an economic one, referring to Ireland's now robust economy. I liked the term, so I used it.:)

Daniel