Names and their meanings.

K

KenpoGirl

I took this idea from another thread. They were speaking of character names for books

Nightingale gave some examples of names with their meanings.

Originally posted by nightingale8472

http://www.babynames.com/V5/index.php

Girls Names

Adriana (A-Dree-Ann-ah) Spanish, Meaning Dark
Aisling (Ash-Lynn) Celtic, Meaning Dream or Vision
Bethany (Beth-anny) Hebrew, Meaning Life
Brianna (Bree-Anna) Celtic, meaning virtuous, honorable
Brenna (Brenn-ah) Celtic, meaning Little Raven

Boys Names

Aidan - (A-Den), Celtic, Meaning Fiery
Brennan (Bren-an) Celtic, Raven like
Casey (Cay-See) Celtic, Brave

Thought I'd Look up the Meaning of the names of some of my Martial Talk Friends, this is what I came up with......

Dennis - "Wild - Frienzied"
Doug - form of Douglas - "Flowing from the Dark River"
Ricardo - form of Richard - "Powerful, Rich Ruler"
Dan - form of Daniel - "God is my Judge"
Jason - "Healer"
Bryson - form of Brice - "Son of Rice"
Kirk - "From the Church"
Michael - "Who is like God?"
Tess - "To Reap"
Rich - also form of Richard - "Powerful, Rich Ruler"
Bob - form of Robert - "Bright Fame"

As you can see some of the meanings fit to the person very well, some are just hillarious (and to save my skin, I won't say which is which) :rofl:

and for all you Kenpo fans ....

Edmund - "Protector"
Kealoha (sp) - "beloved"
Parker - "Keeper of the Park" (lol well the first two are kewl ;) )

And I know you've been waiting for this one.

Dot - form of Dorothy - "Gift of God" :D Sounds about right. ;)

:angel:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by KenpoGirl

I took this idea from another thread. They were speaking of character names for books

Nightingale gave some examples of names with their meanings.

Thought I'd Look up the Meaning of the names of some of my Martial Talk Friends, this is what I came up with......

Dennis - "Wild - Frienzied"
Ricardo - form of Richard - "Powerful, Rich Ruler"
Dan - form of Daniel - "God is my Judge"
Jason - "Healer"
Bryson - form of Brice - "Son of Rice"
Kirk - "From the Church"
Michael - "Who is like God?"
Tess - "To Reap"

Bob - form of Robert - "Bright Fame"

As you can see some of the meanings fit to the person very well, some are just hillarious (and to save my skin, I won't say which is which) :rofl:

and for all you Kenpo fans ....

Edmund - "Protector"
Kealoha (sp) - "beloved"
Parker - "Keeper of the Park" (lol well the first two are kewl ;) )

And I know you've been waiting for this one.

Dot - form of Dorothy - "Gift of God" :D Sounds about right. ;)

Now that makes me laugh.

For I rule the whole of my domain and all that I see.
(* Read, I live alone with my Cat :D *)

Powerful, Indeed I am, for when, I want to order Pizza, I just pick up the phone.

Thanks to NightingGale and KenpoGirl

Rich
:D

OP
P

Pakhet

Originally posted by Rich Parsons

Rich
:D [/B]

If you live alone with your cat, then you just THINK you're in charge. Cats are insidious that way. :)

Lisa

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pakhet

If you live alone with your cat, then you just THINK you're in charge. Cats are insidious that way. :)

Lisa

Did I tell you I was a Male. Let me have my Delusions, it is not much I ask for, but it is the little things in life that matter.

Rich
:)

OP
M

Master of Blades

Joseph means "God will increase"..................Turns out I'm also the only one in my family who doesnt mean "Worlds greatest" or so on.......:shrug:

OP
G

GouRonin

Originally posted by KenpoGirl

Heh, My last name means "From the dark forest" and my middle name means "From the dark town." So you have my name meaning, "From the dark water, from the dark town, from the dark forest."

I'm either really in the dark or I am Darth Vader.
:rolleyes:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Dot - form of Dorothy - "Formed from the Wrath of God" :D Still lost in oz.

;)

Har De Har Har. :shrug:

You know I could have said something about your name too,
Mr. Wild and Frienzied

:ticked:

:miffer:

:mad:

............ Or should I say Mr. Sedate, and Comatose . :p :moon:

OP
G

GouRonin

Either take it outside or onto the mat kids...

Ha ha ha!

OP
G

GouRonin

Both of you stop it or I am pulling this discussion board over and turning it around and we're all going home. Is that what you want? Do you? Are you trying to ruin our discussion? Do you want to see your mother cry? Well?!
:shrug:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by GouRonin

Both of you stop it or I am pulling this discussion board over and turning it around and we're all going home. Is that what you want? Do you? Are you trying to ruin our discussion? Do you want to see your mother cry? Well?!

Remain calm, my son.

Kirk - "From the Church"

:D :D

Too cool of a thread Dot! :)

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by GouRonin

Yes Sir. :(

{checking rear view mirror to see if he's looking ........
starts to poke Mr. Sedate in ribs. :p }

:EG:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok.. so I get a Scythe now? *A' Reaping' I go.. a Reaping I go.. *rubs hands together.. with a wicked gleam in my eye*

Yeppers.. Actually my given name is Therese.. meaning 'Harvester' sooo Right on the money Dot.. *G*

What fun :)

OP
R

RCastillo

Now that makes me laugh.

Powerful, Indeed I am, for when, I want to order Pizza, I just pick up the phone.

Rich

Hey Bud, watch it, that's my name you're fooling with. Don't make me Tracy Kenpo you all over the place!:soapbox:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo

quote: Originally posted by Rich Parsons

Now that makes me laugh.

(* Read, I live alone with my Cat *)

Rich
End Quote

Hey Bud, watch it, that's my name you're fooling with. Don't make me Tracy Kenpo you all over the place!:soapbox:

Mr. Castillo,

Excuse me, but I had hoped that you and others would not be so thin skinned. I guess we are all in trouble now. :(

As we exchanged opposing views previously over a misunderstanding over what you thought was a humorous reply, I am very hesitant to reply here.

I hope this does not make the situation more confusing, but I would hope that an educator that does not like math and big enough to admit it and 'supposedly' be humorous about it could communicate better.

I still do not know the intention of your post:

Humor?

Threat?

If Humor, I guess I will go borrow a few bucks from Gou Ronin and buy one (humor) or ask for the members here to donate to me some money or better yet to educate me on humor.

If a Threat, then please sir that is the most humorous thing I could take your post as if I believed you meant it as a threat.

Previously, I took it to Private messaging to try to resolve our (my) issues, and all I got back was further attacks and or misunderstandings. You even replied that you would ignore a person who was so thinned skinned.

I am here by asking you formally in a public forum to ignore me for I will be ignoring you.

Rich
:asian:

OP
R

RCastillo

Mr. Castillo,

Excuse me, but I had hoped that you and others would not be so thin skinned. I guess we are all in trouble now. :(

As we exchanged opposing views previously over a misunderstanding over what you thought was a humorous reply, I am very hesitant to reply here.

I hope this does not make the situation more confusing, but I would hope that an educator that does not like math and big enough to admit it and 'supposedly' be humorous about it could communicate better.

I still do not know the intention of your post:

Humor?

Threat?

If Humor, I guess I will go borrow a few bucks from Gou Ronin and buy one (humor) or ask for the members here to donate to me some money or better yet to educate me on humor.

If a Threat, then please sir that is the most humorous thing I could take your post as if I believed you meant it as a threat.

Previously, I took it to Private messaging to try to resolve our (my) issues, and all I got back was further attacks and or misunderstandings. You even replied that you would ignore a person who was so thinned skinned.

I am here by asking you formally in a public forum to ignore me for I will be ignoring you.

Rich

Boy, give me a break. I am ALL humor, as many on this forum can, and will attest to!

Me thin skinned? Nope, I'm comfortable in what I do and would expect other adults here to be the same.

Communicate? I can do that just fine, plus, I can do one better. I do NOT chastise people on their behavior. I'm just a visitor here.

Threat you say? Why, there's no profit in that! There's no money in that!

Further attacks made? Nope, I haven't made any.

You seem to forget, we basically have the same name, so that's why I jumped in, just for fun.

Don't believe me? Ask Mr. Dennis Conatser, he'll tell you. If you can't believe him, you can't believe anyone.:idunno:

To summize, you're looking for problems that don't exist! (Not on my side, anyway)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich I think you and Ricardo have reached a milestone that I and others have also had....... LOL, The one problem with the net is that you don't "feel" :anic: the typed word. This is not the first and probably not the last post that has been misunderstood.
:argue:

I do thank you both for airing out your feelings and hopefully come out shaking hands :cheers: all in good fun. We all love to tease (especially me!!!!!!!!!):boing2:

Ricardo also takes this to the max....... so please ..... end any hard feelings I'm sure Ricardo never ment any harm :angel: nor did Rich.

Thanks guys
:wavey:

Latest Discussions