A bar fight breaks out...

Lone Wolf

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, so you're in a bar, minding your own business when a random stranger decides he wants to pick a fight with you and punches you square in face. You had no time to react or even realise what was happening.
so... what's your reaction?

Now, this is the interesting bit i want you to react in the most stereotypical way someone practising your martial art would,
be it based on its values - e.g. i punch back with equal force
classic moves - e.g. i 360 turning kick him in jaw
or even principles - i wasn't even there to be punched in the face as i had noticed the guy on the way in and sat on the opposite side of the bar.

Alright, be as inventive and imaginative as you want
Let's go! :)

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
People generally don't just walk up and randomly punch people in the face. At least, not in the places I frequent.
So, obviously, I'd have noticed him escalating and either deescalated the situation or left while it was still safe to do so.

If he did swing, I'd block it and execute the Dim Mak Poop Strike, and then exit while he's trying to clamp his sphincter closed.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Ok, so you're i a bar, minding your own business when a random stranger decides he wants to pick a fight with you and punches you square in face. You had no time to react or even realise what was happening.
so... what's your reaction?:)

I stab him a couple of times in the thigh, then stomp on his head while he's on the floor.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I stab him a couple of times in the thigh, then stomp on his head while he's on the floor.
Is that strictly legal? Knife against unarmed, stomping when there is no longer a threat?

Just askin'.
:asian:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Is that strictly legal? Knife against unarmed, stomping when there is no longer a threat?

Just askin'.

He didn't say to respond in a legal fashion. In fact, he asked for
want you to react in the most stereotypical way someone practising your martial art would,

Asked and answered: I don't typically carry a sword or even a knife into bars, and carrying a gun into one is generally illegal, so that rules out shooting him or cutting off his head, so I'd stab his thigh and stomp his head.

Then run to my lawyer-though it might just be legal.....

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ok, so you're i a bar, minding your own business when a random stranger decides he wants to pick a fight with you and punches you square in face. You had no time to react or even realise what was happening.

I would wink at his girlfriend and tell her she is beautiful.

This be the art of Tae Kwon Home.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Just askin'.

The OP used the words "stereotypical", "inventive", and "imaginative", so I think it's reasonable to invent an imaginary location where Elders response is legal.

Especially since, in this imaginary scenario, the assailants fists are registered as Deadly Weapons in 5 states and the District of Columbia.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Inventive? Ok. Its the restaurant portion because I prefer steak and fries to crappy beer and I see him coming. I'm ready when he swings because I pay attention to my surroundings. I fan block and redirect him to my left while my .40 comes to a rest under his chin. He cries, I laugh and my old lady finally gives in to my charm instead of making me sleep on the couch for fighting.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I hug him aggressively until he goes to sleep?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The OP used the words "stereotypical", "inventive", and "imaginative", so I think it's reasonable to invent an imaginary location where Elders response is legal.

Especially since, in this imaginary scenario, the assailants fists are registered as Deadly Weapons in 5 states and the District of Columbia.
I think I must have been brain dead from Bill's right wing nonsense. ;)

i know now what I think I would do but ... how did he get to hit me in the face without me seeing it coming?

Anyway I'm with you DD on this one. (I still don't understand why I didn't see it coming.) As the shot touches my face my Systema kicks in and my body moves so that the strike becomes just a glancing blow. Because of the effort the guy put in he has now overbalanced and moving past so I help him on his way. As he turns, a kick to the back of the knee has him on his knees as I draw my six shooter and place it against the back of his head ... "are you feeling lucky, Punk?" (Hang on ... I've been reading too many posts on MT. I don't have a six shooter. :( bloody Aussie BS laws preventing me from defending myself. :p )

My imagination is running riot now. :)

I look at his 'deadly weapons'. (I revert back to my days with Crocodile Dundee in the outback.) "You call those pissant things deadly?" "Here's deadly", as I shake my fist in front of his face. He falls crying to the floor imploring me to spare him and offering to buy me a beer. :)

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ok, so you're in a bar, minding your own business when a random stranger decides he wants to pick a fight with you and punches you square in face. You had no time to react or even realise what was happening.

Now, this is the interesting bit i want you to react in the most stereotypical way someone practising your martial art would,
be it based on its values - e.g. i punch back with equal force
classic moves - e.g. i 360 turning kick him in jaw
or even principles - i wasn't even there to be punched in the face as i had noticed the guy on the way in and sat on the opposite side of the bar.

Cut off his head and wait for my quickening.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Doubfull I am going to stop a random ambush attack before I eat a few shots but hands go up as soon as I can turn in towards the bad guy and throw punches into a clinch. Once I am safe and sorted there. dirty box and knee into head arm guillotine pin the guys back against the wall and choke him unconscious.

Or until I am dragged off by someone.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GrFFzCo98fs

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would execute the deadly Bak Hok Bei Lung Hou Bou Caau, or White Crane Giving Dragon Blowjob technique, causing his facial hair and testicles to fall off.

hussaf

Green Belt
Reaction score
I would almost certainly get punched in the face. The next part depends on his strength, size, and power.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as I am not out cold, I would lock him up, give a couple of friendly digs or what ever, then wait for the doorman to respond. Probably compliment his mother too.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd let him hit me then hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit on his mommy

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How much is beer in this bar?

Latest Discussions