Female black belt beats up maneating shark

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Surfing dangerous. SCUBA...well, ok, it's not without it's risks, but the sharks don't bother divers. :D
And the current water temps off Cozumel are about 80. No need for crazy thick wetsuits or electric underwear.
Always remember. You can't outswim a shark. But you can outswim your dive buddy...

I don't see surfing as being any more dangerous than diving, eh? Plus sharks don't like to mess with New Hampshire folk :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...mpshire-woods/2011/08/09/gIQAcDp14I_blog.html

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see surfing as being any more dangerous than diving, eh? Plus sharks don't like to mess with New Hampshire folk :lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...mpshire-woods/2011/08/09/gIQAcDp14I_blog.html

Yes, dangerous. All those waves tossing you around. And that board smacking you when you wipe out. Plus the sharks that think you're a seal.

I saw that article. It pisses me off. Most sharks are endangered, and killing one for no good reason (shark fin soup is NOT a good reason, either) is terrible.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, dangerous. All those waves tossing you around. And that board smacking you when you wipe out. Plus the sharks that think you're a seal.

I saw that article. It pisses me off. Most sharks are endangered, and killing one for no good reason (shark fin soup is NOT a good reason, either) is terrible.

Seems too that that don't always kill the sharks for their fins, they chop them off and chuck the sharks still alive back in the water, obviously they don't survive. Killing and eating as much of an animal or fish is one thing but cruelty like this is inexcusable. Sharks aren't kosher so I wouldn't eat them but apart from the cruelty, what a waste of food!

Latest Discussions