25-30 Bodies just discovered in a mass grave in East Texas

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jesus Christ!

What kind of sub-human scum could do something like this?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my.

Sometimes news comes along that is seriously disturbing, even acculturated to violence as we have become due to the media.

Truly shocking.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.click2houston.com/news/28161379/detail.html
LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas -- Liberty County officials said Tuesday evening they plan to search for bodies, but so far have no evidence of "deceased persons" despite earlier reports of dozens of bodies in a rural area.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office initially said 25 to 30 bodies were at a home at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta.Investigators said someone told them about the location, but they did not elaborate.The officials later said at a news conference that they have "no evidence of deceased persons," but they are waiting for a search warrant to gather evidence.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some news reports were saying the tip was from a "psychic" ...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well...she probably didn't call saying that she had a psychic "vision". She probably called 911 saying she "had information" on a mass grave.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Fail" indeed! A happy turn of events in a way as there is no mass grave of dismembered children but someone is in a spot of bother for all that wasted police time I fear.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Now I have heard of mass graves found via Infrared satellite before...why don't they scan the area that way, just to be sure? Then again...I don't fully believe in psychics but I believe in Human intuition, visions, and Divine intervention...

With all the drug Cartels and the Gang violence...I wouldn't doubt that there are mass graves out there...

but in reality this person should have gotten "Hard" proof before staging a full blown search

Last edited:

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
2010-march-31-psychic-conference-cancelled.jpg

OP
LuckyKBoxer

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This is so bizarre..
I remember sitting and seeing the breaking news story alert and then reading the story saying they had "FOUND" the site and the bodies and that they were dismembered and all kids..
I wonder what happens to the person who reported that, and anyone involved with the decision to run with it and put it out there as "fact"
I wonder if people got fired over this... didn't Dan Rather get a famous firing for his untrue "facts"?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is so bizarre..
I remember sitting and seeing the breaking news story alert and then reading the story saying they had "FOUND" the site and the bodies and that they were dismembered and all kids..
I wonder what happens to the person who reported that, and anyone involved with the decision to run with it and put it out there as "fact"
I wonder if people got fired over this... didn't Dan Rather get a famous firing for his untrue "facts"?

Usually not in the case of a hot, breaking story. If it bleeds, it leads. News organizations will often have 2-3 canned responses to a story (affirmation, negation, no change) so they can be the most firstest with the most latest....and in the age where Google News means news info can go viral, you have the scenario where (agency A) is reporting (X) because (agency B) is reporting (X).

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is so bizarre..

Yeah, but he was famous...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Even not famous journalists have been fired for fabricating stories.

This story wasn't a fabrication...it was more a matter of data being either misinterpreted and/or stretched. The "psychic" said as many as 30 people were buried on the property...and seems to have knowledge of details of the property. LEOs do a quick search and find nothing. The "psychic" tells LEOs they have the wrong house. The LEOs find bloodstains on the porch that's confirmed to be human and a horrible odor coming from the back of the house. LEOs want a warrant (with good reason), and this is probably where the story gets stretched to "bodies found."

There may be some journalists that lose their job over this considering how viral this story has been....and how embarrassing the aftermath was. Either that or they may have been moved closer to the top of the layoff line...

Latest Discussions