Snow in june...in Hawaii...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say thank goodness for global warming, otherwise the entire Hawaiian Island chain might be buried in snow...

http://news.yahoo.com/video/honolulu-kitv-18211460/mauna-kea-sees-snow-in-the-summer-25477501

1) As I've said elsewhere, and repeatedly, that's weather-not climate, and, in fact, attributable to global climate change.

2) It's also an altitude effect-snows pretty regularly up there in Hawaii, ....:lfao: there's even skiing....:lfao: :lfao:

Thank goodness for
global warming
buried in snow
Hawaiian Island Chain
otherwise

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, I get it. If it is really hot, it is man made global warming. If it is really cold, it is man made global warming. If there is a lot of snow, it is man made global warming. If there is little or no snow, it is man made global warming. I think that about covers it.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would like to believe every storm or tremor is a sign of some government plot gone wrong but I just can't. Are you really going to try to make a political discussion over a few snow flakes? Its going to be a long winter next year round.:)
Sean

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have heard that the winter is going to be longer and colder as well. We are apparently entering a cooling period, like the one experienced during the American Revolution and during World War 2 up to the end of the 70's. These cooling and warming periods happen about every 30 years. Unfortunately for Al Gore, he missed his timing. The whole climate gate scandal didn't stir your interest?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A while back, on a local radio show a guy was interviewed who talked about the way temperature was measured here in the states. He pointed out that many of the weather devices for measuring temperature were placed in open country when they were first put in. However, as the country developed and towns grew, no one moved the sensors, and you find situations like this...

http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/weather_stations/

all over the country. I don't remember who he was but some of the placements he pointed out were really pretty funny.

Here are some more pictures of really badly placed temperature sensors, imbedded in the above article:

http://gallery.surfacestations.org/...ing in greater heat retention and reflection.

Last edited:
OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the site, How not to measure temperature:

http://denialdepot.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-not-to-measure-temperature-part-1.html

this article discusses the problems with temperature measuring satelites.

From the article:

Satellites reflect solar energy and emit radio transmissions. Also there will be other effects that science does not yet understand because science understands little. All of this could have the effect of biasing sensitive satellite instruments such as the MSUs. It stands to reason that the number of satellites have increased since the 1970s and so this potential warming effect has increased. Again there is no mention of this on any of the satellite temperature sites or in the mainstream media.

These pictures are endlessly funny...

http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/2007/06/how_not_to_measure_temperature_11.html

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration guys. I had heard that guy a while ago but it wasn't until tonight, as late as it is getting, that I tried to find what he was talking about. You are my Muses. Thanks.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't see the big deal. Hawaii is very much like Jamaica in climate and how mountainous it is and we used to have hail at my grandfather's house, and he lived in the mountains. I've seen snow once there, but hail was pretty common.

Sensei Payne

Black Belt
Reaction score
LOL!!!

If they can do all of that from there, I should wonder why they have not let it rain pver the South-Western US yet!
:lfao:

As the Theory goes...its supposed to strech our atmosphere up..kind of making a bubble, and thats supposed to effect weather conditions...some say the Tsnami in the Pacific (the first one a few years ago) was cause by the HAARP, so it would slow down the Asian economy...and Katrina was payback for the Tsnami, for the Chinese to slow down our Oil imports.

Scott T

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No, I get it. If it is really hot, it is man made global warming. If it is really cold, it is man made global warming. If there is a lot of snow, it is man made global warming. If there is little or no snow, it is man made global warming. I think that about covers it.
No, you don't get it. Snow in Hawaii, record-breaking heat and precipitation in the northern latitudes, etc. It takes a little more than a cow farting to make this happen.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As the Theory goes...its supposed to strech our atmosphere up..kind of making a bubble, and thats supposed to effect weather conditions...some say the Tsnami in the Pacific (the first one a few years ago) was cause by the HAARP, so it would slow down the Asian economy...and Katrina was payback for the Tsnami, for the Chinese to slow down our Oil imports.

maked perfect sense, now somebody send a small tropical depression toward Texas and Florida...or anyhwhere else, except Louisiana!

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe the earth warms and cools on its own. We know that, that's not new. But we also know that people can have an HUGE influence on the environment, and that includes the weather and climate. People have an effect on global warming. Come on, Billi, you must know that.

Here's an example of people influencing the environment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_evolution

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Blade 96, you should listen to American conservative talk radio more. The peppered moth story is not real. I heard a scientist talk about this moth years ago and how that classic tale about the pollution allowing the darker moth's to live and the lighter one to die, or however it went, isn't true. Here is one account you can find if you search for peppered moth hoax.

http://exchangedlife.com/Creation/pepper.shtml

From this article:

British scientist Cyril Clarke investigated the peppered moth for
25 years, and saw only two in their natural habitat by day - no other
researchers have seen any. Kettlewell and others attracted the
moths into traps in the forest either with light, or by releasing
female pheromones - in each case, they only flew in at night. So
where do they spend the day? Clarke writes, 'The latest story is that
they rest on the leaves in the top of trees, but it's not really known
... either way, they're very good at hiding.'

The moths filmed by the birds were laboratory - bred ones placed
onto tree trunks by Kettlewell; they were so languid that he once
had to warm them up on his car bonnet (hood)

And all those still photos of moths on tree trunks? One paper
described how it was done - dead moths were glued to the tree.
University of Massachusetts biologist Theodore Sargent helped glue
moths onto trees for a NOVA documentary. He says textbooks and
films have featured 'a lot of fraudulent photographs'.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/photo_database/image/the_peppered_moth/

From this article:

Since the mid-1960s most Biology textbooks have included the story of the peppered moth, accompanied by Kettlewell's two photos (or ones very similar to them). The ubiquity of the images made it that much more shocking when the public learned the photos were staged.

You see Blade 96, stories like this, and then the big story of the "climate-gate scandal" at East Anglia weather research unit demonstrate that manmade global warming is far from proven. I know too much about how people behave when money, power and fame are on the table. I also know too much about how the government works and how much worse than normal people politicians are. There is a lot of money, power and fame to be found in the man made global warming research.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
For years the right wing and conservative talk show hosts said there is no global warming. It doesn't exsist. See all this snow?! Now the claims have changed to that it isn't man made and companies shouldn't be responsible for thier emmisions since it isn't man made. Use your eyes and your brain. It is easy to see weather patterns are changing drastically. Now why wouldn't we be doing everything in our power to keep that from getting worse? Now maybe the changes aren't caused my man, but it is not much of a stretch to think that we've been at least a contributing factor. The results of not doing anything seem a bit too serious to be lazy about it. Also, if I have a choice between believing what a talk show hosts tells me about science or what a scientist tells me about the same science, I'm going with the scientist. This is also more common sense.

Latest Discussions