Young Sociopaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Akashiro Tamaya said:
It amazes me that felons finds "god" while incarcerated or on death row. Why could they not seek "god" while free, no wait ! I know why because they are too busy doing the deeds they thought they could get away with.
Felons are not stupid they know they will eventually be caught and executed for their crimes. Its part of the reason they are committing them.
Sean

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
The fact that people sit back and revel at the thought of prisoners, in the United States of America, beacon of light for the rest of the world to follow, being sodomized and abused for like crimes is exactly the same mentality that got these homeless men killed. They didn't feel the homeless men deserved humane treatment for being homeless or less than human. Do we view the abusing punks as sub-human? Probably; so, lets bring them to some real pain. ect.
Sean
Now, you're being a bit judgemental toward prisoners who sodomize other prisoners. Perhaps we should understand them more.
icon12.gif

I find it ironic and amusing when I hear someone defend criminals, by attacking the criminal behavior of their fellows. Of course there's crime and violence in prisons.....It's full of criminals. That's more proof they shouldn't be on the streets.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
Felons are not stupid they know they will eventually be caught and executed for their crimes. Its part of the reason they are committing them.
Sean
Please....criminals commit crime because, at least in western society, it's low-cost. The odd's of being caught for a particular crime are low. The odd's of being convicted if you get caught committing a particular crime are low. The odd's of actually being severly punished for a crime are law. The average felon commits multiple offenses for every crime he manages to get caught doing. He commits many more before being convicted. If he does manage to go to prison for any given offense, it's but a small part of the overall crimes he's committed.

They do not 'commit' crimes because of punishment, that's asinine, they commit crimes because of the lack of belief that they will be punished.

I'm amazed that, in order to justify criminal behavior and excuse criminals themselves, some people invent entire realities that don't exist. I'm more interested in understanding the mentality of criminal excusers than in understanding criminals themselves (as criminals aren't that hard to understand anyway). It's criminal excusers that really mystify me. Perhaps they just live in a different reality than the rest of us. Perhaps there exist ivory towers, wherein they are unable to see reality, and are merely force-fed fantasies by others. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Martial Tucker said:
And I wonder how many of those prisoners that he knew in his 30 years of experience were ultimately released early, and then killed someone else......
Quite a few. Also, considering murder isn't the only victimizing crime, it is an absolute certainty that virtually EVERY prisoner released went on to victimize society over and over again. I live in a community of many thousands of people. However, when a crime is committed, I can count on two hands the number of likely people who committed it. They represent a very small segment of society, and virtually ALL of the crime. They commit hundreds of criminal acts a year, before ever being sent to prison, and then they're only sent for 6 months to a 1 year maximum, and are then released on Parole to commit more crimes.

The criminal excusers are either blind to basic reality, or they themselves identify in some way with criminal behavior and are, as such, more empathetic toward the plight of 'criminals' than society itself. Perhaps criminal excusing mentalities are simply a by-product of counter-cultural thinking. Either way, it is fundamentally maladaptive. It's like empathizing with a tumor, and defending it's rights over the main body.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:

What?

All felons are suicidal?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
Now, you're being a bit judgemental toward prisoners who sodomize other prisoners. Perhaps we should understand them more.
icon12.gif

I find it ironic and amusing when I hear someone defend criminals, by attacking the criminal behavior of their fellows. Of course there's crime and violence in prisons.....It's full of criminals. That's more proof they shouldn't be on the streets.
Just for your info I'm not defending criminals but attacking your point of view.
Sean

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
Just for your info I'm not defending criminals but attacking your point of view.
Sean
In order to attack my point of view (which attacks criminals), you have to defend criminals....so there's really no difference.
icon12.gif

At any rate, you've done a very poor job of doing either.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
I didn't say all felons are scuicidal. I said the death penalty is a popular method of scuicide.
Sean
In that case, we should lump it under doctor assisted suicide and be done with this discussion.
icon12.gif

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
In order to attack my point of view (which attacks criminals), you have to defend criminals....so there's really no difference.
icon12.gif

Disagreeing with you is defending criminals? That's logic for ya! I question your judgment of poor and fair now of course.
Sean

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
icon12.gif

Disagreeing with you is defending criminals? That's logic for ya! I question your judgment of poor and fair now of course.
Sean

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
icon12.gif

Sean

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
Sean
Touch Of Death said:
Sean
Touch Of Death said:
Sean

I think your button is stuck....unless that was meant as a stuttering diatribe.
icon12.gif

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
I didn't say all felons are scuicidal. I said the death penalty is a popular method of scuicide.

Could there possibly be a less efficient method of suicide? Cigarettes work faster!

OP
J

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
I'm amazed that, in order to justify criminal behavior and excuse criminals themselves, some people invent entire realities that don't exist. I'm more interested in understanding the mentality of criminal excusers than in understanding criminals themselves (as criminals aren't that hard to understand anyway). It's criminal excusers that really mystify me. Perhaps they just live in a different reality than the rest of us. Perhaps there exist ivory towers, wherein they are unable to see reality, and are merely force-fed fantasies by others. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

The way to understand those who defend criminals is to realize that most of these defenders have never had a gun in their face or a knife at their throats. Since I've had both, I do not defend violent criminals in any way - I wan't them removed from society. However, I don't think Touch-of-Death really is defending them, just that he is mistaken in believing that while some inmates, such as Gary Gilmore, for example, wish the death penalty that this is the case for more offenders than a very small minority. I disagree with him here, but don't really see him as a defender of criminals.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Could there possibly be a less efficient method of suicide? Cigarettes work faster!
Back in the day it was more efficiant. However you bring up an interesting point. Most heavy gamblers are chain smokers. Since its so slow to kill ya scuicidal people generaly are a bit more dramatic.
Sean

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
The way to understand those who defend criminals is to realize that most of these defenders have never had a gun in their face or a knife at their throats. Since I've had both, I do not defend violent criminals in any way - I wan't them removed from society. However, I don't think Touch-of-Death really is defending them, just that he is mistaken in believing that while some inmates, such as Gary Gilmore, for example, wish the death penalty that this is the case for more offenders than a very small minority. I disagree with him here, but don't really see him as a defender of criminals.
Claiming that they are committing crime because of the death penalty, and equating it with suicide, is a backhanded (and quite bizarre) attempt to declare it mental illness.

Criminals do not wish to get caught, and Gilmore only wanted to be executed.....because he really didn't have a choice. The mindset at that point is to assert some control over the process by declaring yourself ready, and picking the method of execution.

At any rate, it's hard to tell what Touch is advocating, as his logic is a bit erratic, starting with the idea that 'crime is suicide'. Perhaps he could clarify that point.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
I think your button is stuck....unless that was meant as a stuttering diatribe.
icon12.gif
If that is what it takes. Again I think the criminal justice system is flawed. Criminals are still bad guys.
Sean

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Touch Of Death said:
If that is what it takes. Again I think the criminal justice system is flawed. Criminals are still bad guys.
Sean
Takes to accomplish what?
icon5.gif

Also, our system is flawed....but it's primarily because it's not a 'criminal justice system'. We have a 'legal system'. There is a difference. One involves justice and the truth, the other involves attorneys and court room maneuvering. As long as we have a system dominated by attorneys, it will rarely be just, and it will hardly ever be about truth.

Of course what ANY of that has to do with 'crime is suicide' I really don't know. Perhaps you could elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions