Young Sociopaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Two teens (apparently the ones) caught on video beating homeless men (one to death) surrendered to authorities in Florida. While it is important to note that in the eyes of the law, an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty, they sure look like the two punks caught on video.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/15/D8F5EREO1.html

If it is indeed them and they are convicted, they should never be released into society again, IMO.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Two teens (apparently the ones) caught on video beating homeless men (one to death) surrendered to authorities in Florida. While it is important to note that in the eyes of the law, an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty, they sure look like the two punks caught on video.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/15/D8F5EREO1.html

If it is indeed them and they are convicted, they should never be released into society again, IMO.
A couple of real live tough guys we have here. I wonder how tough they'll be where they're going?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
A couple of real live tough guys we have here. I wonder how tough they'll be where they're going?

Very true! They're going to be in for a rude awakening if they continue to carry a 'tough guy' attitude when they get to prison. I'm guessing that they're going to be on the receiving end of a few beatings themselves.

Mike

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.....what needs to be looked at is how/why they would want to do something like that?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odin said:
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.....what needs to be looked at is how/why they would want to do something like that?

Punks that have nothing better to do. There was an incident in Hartford, CT. not too long ago which invvolved a mentally challenged man, who was sitting in the lobby of his apt bldg. with some groceries that he had just bought. Some of the neighborhood punks thought it would be funny to assault him, by kicking, punching and throwing some of the soda cans at him. Needless to say, the man died. If I remember correctly, he did have a heart history, so that may have ultimately been the cause, but regardless, it was the assault that brought it on.

I wonder if it would phase these people if someone beat to death one of their family members.

Mike

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sad...truly sad when human beings do these things to each other, just for the sake of what...enterntainment? because they can? I don't get it. :(

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
Punks that have nothing better to do. There was an incident in Hartford, CT. not too long ago which invvolved a mentally challenged man, who was sitting in the lobby of his apt bldg. with some groceries that he had just bought. Some of the neighborhood punks thought it would be funny to assault him, by kicking, punching and throwing some of the soda cans at him. Needless to say, the man died. If I remember correctly, he did have a heart history, so that may have ultimately been the cause, but regardless, it was the assault that brought it on.

I wonder if it would phase these people if someone beat to death one of their family members.

Mike

See i dont think thats true,you wouldnt beat someone up because you had nothing to do would you I hope not!(")
Peeps that do this sort of thing are not right in the head you cant be seriously....with children they're behaviour reflects on enviroment and social up bringing serioulsy we're all grown and seem to be intelligent people here,why just constantly punish people,why not instead find out what the hell is going on,''why constantly shoot oncoming missiles when you can just take out the launcher??''

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Odin said:
See i dont think thats true,you wouldnt beat someone up because you had nothing to do would you I hope not!(")
Peeps that do this sort of thing are not right in the head you cant be seriously....with children they're behaviour reflects on enviroment and social up bringing serioulsy we're all grown and seem to be intelligent people here,why just constantly punish people,why not instead find out what the hell is going on,''why constantly shoot oncoming missiles when you can just take out the launcher??''

Are you saying that we should let these kids go free and focus on what went wrong during their upbringing?

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Martial Tucker said:
Are you saying that we should let these kids go free and focus on what went wrong during their upbringing?

No i mean try to find out whats going wrong,I dint say free,but obviously punishment is not working if it did them kids would have thought twice about doing what they did...you cant just keep punishing people again and again and again look at the world??it doesnt work.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If those kids were dogs they would have been taken out back and shot.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
If those kids were dogs they would have been taken out back and shot.

What if that was your child that did that?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't believe that would ever happen. I taught my kids that actions have consequences.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I don't believe that would ever happen. I taught my kids that actions have consequences.

exactly your children would because they were taught..so ummm why do think them kids did that?

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
.....and then would you kill someone just because they were not taught something??????

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Odin said:
.....and then would you kill someone just because they were not taught something??????
I don't think you should have to be explicitly taught, "Don't beat homeless men to death." but maybe that's just me...

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth said:
I don't think you should have to be explicitly taught, "Don't beat homeless men to death." but maybe that's just me...
You would think not... but I teach in a middle school (ages 11-14, with a few 15 year-olds here and there); many of the kids I teach have yet to master basic moral/ethical concepts like "if I don't like it being done to me, I shouldn't do it to others"; rather, they tend to excuse their actions with a shrug or the statement that "_____ did it to me first" (or "everyone else does it").

This is, at its roots, a societal problem, and until society starts setting better examples for its young, this problem will continue. The solution is long-term and rooted in education rather than remediation or punishment; remediation is a hit-or-miss proposition in many cases, and punishment, especially jail, can sometimes become a reward rather than a punishment - in jail, one has food, clothing, shelter, a society with clear and easily understandable rules - for some, this is preferable to what they have outside (and for a disturbing many, it is BETTER than what they have outside), so how does that encourage parolees to change their behavior so they don't get sent back?

Does any of this excuse those boys for what they did? Not in the slightest - it may, at least in part, explain it, but explanation does not excuse. Should there be consequences for what they did? Certainly. Will putting them in jail prevent them in the future? Maybe... and maybe not. There are no good answers, but a great many questions that must be asked and solutions that must be implemented before there will be enough change in society to prevent such atrocities from happening.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Odin said:
No i mean try to find out whats going wrong,I dint say free,but obviously punishment is not working if it did them kids would have thought twice about doing what they did...you cant just keep punishing people again and again and again look at the world??it doesnt work.
Maybe our system of punishiment isn't working well in it's current form, because it is not severe enough. I'm not referring to the death penalty. Rather, I'm referring to a system where, if a person who commits a crime can afford a top-notch lawyer, he can often get off free on either a technicality or a convoluted argument about his motives. Or, if he does do time, the amount is dramatically reduced by the plea-bargain process before the judgement. Even then, parole is often right around the corner if he behaves himself while in prison.

I'm not saying we shouldn't examine ourselves as a society to try to find the motivation behind such acts, but at the same time, I personally would like to see an abolishment of plea-bargaining, and dramatically reduced or
even elimination of parole for crimes of violence. I think we have gotten far away from the concept of real consequences for inappropriate behavior.

I'm sick and tired of reading about kids killed or abused by known sex-offenders who are walking the streets because some social worker convinced a judge or board that the offender has somehow reformed.

Go ahead and try to find out what went wrong in these kids upbringing. Meanwhile, lock their butts up for a long, long time so they don't do this again.

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sad...truly sad when human beings do these things to each other, They should be locked up and the key thrown away and forgotten about..They should never get out of Jail,They need to spend the rest of their life's behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.