YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! KKW 17th F.I.C.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lord i hope it is sarcasm

although, i have to admitt to wondering if Smith was dogging on me or someone else there was

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

although, i have to admitt to wondering if Smith was dogging on me or someone else there was

I caught a couple there, yeah. Tossing the blatant insults and flat-on attacks aside, is the point here that this event was little more than a motivational scam, or am I witnessing the effects of brainwash?

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

I was just yanking your chain TF...Not serious. I apologize if I offended you....
Sulsa, or diarrhea (direct translation), you got my sarcasm...good. There was a lot of motivational garbage there.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What I have read was the seminar was a brunch of crap but the people from MT was Awesome!! What I really like to know is simply was this a FIC or not? I mean it sounds like they was providing ways for school to fraud and make money off of there people. I wish stuff like this would go away if it was a money making weekend or atleast say that it is. Real Martial people will make money doing it that right way and of course the bad ones will promote BB in a year.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I caught a couple there, yeah. Tossing the blatant insults and flat-on attacks aside, is the point here that this event was little more than a motivational scam, or am I witnessing the effects of brainwash?
I see no real value in insulting Twin Fist or attacking anyone on a personal level. It reflects poorly on our Martial Art. We should all take a step back before we call someone a fool or make assumption before we know the facts.

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What I have read was the seminar was a brunch of crap but the people from MT was Awesome!! What I really like to know is simply was this a FIC or not? I mean it sounds like they was providing ways for school to fraud and make money off of there people. I wish stuff like this would go away if it was a money making weekend or atleast say that it is. Real Martial people will make money doing it that right way and of course the bad ones will promote BB in a year.
I think that Fraud is a strong word that I would not use as it could possibly harm an organization's reputation. I was just expressing my opinion. It is a free country after all.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think that Fraud is a strong word that I would not use as it could possibly harm an organization's reputation. I was just expressing my opinion. It is a free country after all.

I was using the term fraud as in if it was a Foriegn Instructor Course as it was billed to be, but was nothing like it was suppose to be. I mean if I could have gone and found out it was a motivational speech about money making dojaang I would be pissed off.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is one of the issues. Anyone who goes to Korea to take it will tell you that a large part of the course wont work here.
You have to have degrees to be a counselor, you dont want to treat medical issues or you will get sued.
So parts were tailored to the U.S., meaning they either added subjects or talked about using our roles differently.
That had to happen if teaching in this country.
Now, was the modified material really what we needed to hear. Arguable but we were the first class in a new format. For anyone thats done business trainings you know these things evolve. I hope it evolves in the right direction.
The Kukkiwon run parts were great and well worth it. Other parts need some work but hey thats in everything.

Dave O.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to say that even the Course itself was not a complete waste of time. The Basics & Poomsae portions were outstanding. GM Ahn is an outstanding teacher & MAist.

Dortiz & I did go through this together....& I am grateful. The coffee stain didn't effect your poomsae performance whatsoever. It was an absolute pleasure to get to know you in real life!

LaurenTKD is a fantastic person as well as a great MAist. She & I spend the day in front of the sandwich shop being TKD geeks all afternoon until it was time for our flights. After listening to a guy (who was not at the Course, but knew EVERYTHING about it & everything else) talk to us non-stop for an hour, I have to say this....she's a very patient person. You will be an excellent school owner one day, my friend.

MSUTKD can absolutely compete at a World Class level at poomsae! After seeing him perform poomsae head to head with GM Ahn with no warning in front of 100 people, I was in awe. Off the mat....he is truly a class act. You are AWESOME!

Miles, you are what every Chung Do Kwan practitioner should be. You're warm, kind & a fantastic MAist. I'm glad we have finally met!

CMassman better start posting on MT more often. He has a lot great things to add. It was a pleasure to be a thorn with you this weekend, sir!

Master Smith, I need to come visit you in S.D. I'll drive my Bentley down we'll Workshop for awhile.:supcool:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read through this and get 3 things:

#1- some event had some sucky seminars or workshops focused on making $$ but there were cool people there so it was fun.
#2- some people think it's ok to take pot shots at other members because they have issues with them and are either too stupid to understand the rules, or unwilling to follow them.
#3- some of our members are actually pretty cool people.

It's #3 that keeps me from shutting down the section after seeing #2 again.
I don't care about #1.

I hope that #3 will continue to outweigh #2.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No i didnt. I said that UNLESS you are talking to another KKW person, it is about as usefull as toilet paper since NO ONE outside the KKW even knows what the KKW is.

I stand by that too.

I stand corrected.... So were you there?

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
It needs to stay open because everytime someone posts here I get to see "You are awesome" on the main page : )

Dave O.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Sorry twin fist... but I Can't help myself!!!! I must be stupid! But here is what you really said, i cut and pasted it. I don't mean to get the thread shut down.... but I just fine it funny if you were there.

so, to recap:

to play KKW games, you need a KKW cert

to go to other KKW schools, you need a KKW cert

to ref at KKW games, you need a KKW cert

otherwise?

it's toilet paper

you think you need a KKW cert because the KKW told you you did

congrats, you are the martial arts equivilent of a frat boy

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I read through this and get 3 things:

#1- some event had some sucky seminars or workshops focused on making $$ but there were cool people there so it was fun.
#2- some people think it's ok to take pot shots at other members because they have issues with them and are either too stupid to understand the rules, or unwilling to follow them.
#3- some of our members are actually pretty cool people.

It's #3 that keeps me from shutting down the section after seeing #2 again.
I don't care about #1.

I hope that #3 will continue to outweigh #2.

my above post is not a pot shot.... I just like to hold people to what the say!

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Not to derail as well but why do you care if he said it. re reading it I find some truth.

You need a Medical Degree to practice Medicine in a professional setting.
You need one to write prescriptions.
You need one to admit patients to the hospital etc.

Otherwise its also great for TP.

Same for any paper. Its merit is for those that value it and what it represents and yes, to those that dont its worthless.

I like practicing TKD as a KKW certified Dan holder and learning from those that are as well. I also enjoy egtting medical help from licensed professionals. Thats my choice : )

More importantly " You are awesome!"

Dave O.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
See, this is why my GM keeps telling us to only worry about what we do on the mat and let the other stuff just play itself out.

Glad that some of you had a great time meeting one another. Kind of reminds me of when I was younger and talked on the C.B. radio (some of you might know what that is) and we use to have CB breaks and meet up to put a face to a voice.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Not to derail as well but why do you care if he said it. re reading it I find some truth.

You need a Medical Degree to practice Medicine in a professional setting.
You need one to write prescriptions.
You need one to admit patients to the hospital etc.

Otherwise its also great for TP.

Same for any paper. Its merit is for those that value it and what it represents and yes, to those that dont its worthless.

I like practicing TKD as a KKW certified Dan holder and learning from those that are as well. I also enjoy egtting medical help from licensed professionals. Thats my choice : )

More importantly " You are awesome!"

Dave O.

I will end it like this " It Pissed me off!" That all! It didn't need to said that way, it was very disrespectful.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See, this is why my GM keeps telling us to only worry about what we do on the mat and let the other stuff just play itself out.

Glad that some of you had a great time meeting one another. Kind of reminds me of when I was younger and talked on the C.B. radio (some of you might know what that is) and we use to have CB breaks and meet up to put a face to a voice.

10-40 good buddy, I mean I like to meet people from MT and have a great converstration. I am like your Master we keep to ourself and just go out and preform and win. I mean is there anything else.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
NPTKD,
hey, sorry man. Not meant to be. The "Awesome" thing came from the seminar where we all say it to each other. Just thought I would start saying all the time. Its true and yet its funny.
My point was let his statement go. It has value to anyone that gets the value other wise, so what.
No disrespect meant.Truly sorry.

If it helps, Someone is Awesome!

Dave O.

Latest Discussions