How do you process your KKW paperwork?

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
For those of you who Promote your students through Kukkiwon. Just curious.
How do you process your paperwork?

Do you send it through USAT? Or do you have a direct link to KKW?

I go through my GM who has a direct link but cannot do that forever. Trying to help out a fellow instructor with their delima and found myself questioning it also. Just wondering how others do it and some advantages and disadvantages of each.

Thanks

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Set up an internet account with them... you can do everything online now! Its easier than the old way and they have now set it up so you can pay online as well!

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I recommended that also, but I myself have never done it. Also I have heard conflicting stories about the bank account deal. Many have recommended to set up everything and mail payment rather than allow them to debit it straight from your Bank Account. Guess its a trust issue.

But if you do not promote many students is it worth it? Do they have a minimum limit to keep accounts active? I would assume this is the fastest and most convienient way, but is that correct?

Other than Down time, would it be more convient to promote through USAT? kindof a one stop shop?

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I used my credit card the last time...
You can do one or one hundred at a time dosnt matter. Its all online, the only problem I had with the last bunch I did was the pictures wouldn't upload to them. No big deal, just no pictures on the id cards, but then most when you mailed them in you couldn't recognize after cropping anyway. You also dont have to deal with any "extra" added on through the USAT.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
the only problem I had with the last bunch I did was the pictures wouldn't upload to them. No big deal, just no pictures on the id cards, but then most when you mailed them in you couldn't recognize after cropping anyway. .

they actually did ID cards without pictures? wow. thats the first I ever heard of that. Was the turnaround time quicker?

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes, the last time it was.... you dont have to wait the time that it takes for you $$$ to go over so it cuts the time a bit. Just make sure you copy your stuff in case some of it gets lost in the shuffle.

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
Test 2 July 2009, Austin Tx, female going for 6th Dan. I input all the info at the end of the test, including the payment using a credit card, on line. Uploaded her picture and we were done. Within one hour there was a receit in my email for the payment. Her date of rank 6th Dan is 7/20/2009 on the Kukkiwon website, 18 days later. I have never had a problem with the KKW.

Too many times I've heard of or ran into people who have been screwed out of their money and their rank. When you do it this way the person testing knows that right then it is done and in the system. No waiting for results, no hoping you won't be screwed, no wondering if the tester actually input your paperwork. It's in and it's done.

This is the best way to go, bar none.

Last edited:
OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Amazing. The times sure have changed. The days of secrecy and only one person in the whole region being able to promote are long gone. No longer will it be who you know to promote your own students. Technology has made the world a simpler, smaller place. It wont be long before you can look up any KKW dan holder in the world and see their info.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Too many times I've heard of or ran into people who have been screwed out of their money and their rank. .

I am ALL TOO FAMILIAR with this. put me down as another you heard of...

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the person submitting the rank application was also required to email or fax the Kukkiwon a copy of the receipt for verification. Is this the case or not? Thanks. ^~^

wade

Black Belt
Reaction score
goingd, There are levels and then there are levels. I can only speak for my self and I don't have to. Ask Terry, he probably knows more about this than I do and can give you a better answer.

dijinx, yes, the KKW will issue an ID card with out a picture but they tend to wait a long time before they do hoping to get one. If you upload a good picture to their website they will size it for you and it usually turns out pretty nice.

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Thanksoo ^_^ I will wait and hope Terry pops in and answers.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
All too often they screw up the picture on the ID card anyway.

My daughter's 2nd poom ID had a picture of a fellow student (21 year old man complete with moustache and beard.) And you guessed it, Mr Bach's 3 Dan came with a picture of my 14 year old little girl on it.

Very funny.

Last edited:

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I went through the internet and had no problems. I have used the usat b4 and they dont really charge that much...about 10 dollars over cost + shipping. It just takes a little longer through the usat.

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score

My daughter's 2nd poom ID had a picture of a fellow student (21 year old man complete with moustache and beard.) And you guessed it, Mr Bach's 3 Dan came with a picture of my 14 year old little girl on it.

Very funny.

If it had happened to me I think I would have had to just bust up laughing. And then of course call and request a replacement or just wait for the next test.
^~^

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not if you pay with their online system.

I was under the impression that the person submitting the rank application was also required to email or fax the Kukkiwon a copy of the receipt for verification. Is this the case or not? Thanks. ^~^

troubleenuf

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That or sometimes you end up with two eyes and a nose that you couldn't tell if it was a girl or a guy.....

Very funny.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I still use snail-mail but maybe I should try the online application again. The first time I tried it was just after the KKW sent out the booklet and I could not get the photos uploaded. Maybe the KKW's system is better (and maybe I'm a bit more computer-savvy).

Jphtkd

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If you take the photos yourself with a digital camera, and re-size them down to 1" x 1/2", they turn out ok on the Kukkiwon ID cards. If you send passport sized photos, they have to crop them down too far to be recognizable.

OP
d1jinx

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you take the photos yourself with a digital camera, and re-size them down to 1" x 1/2", they turn out ok on the Kukkiwon ID cards. If you send passport sized photos, they have to crop them down too far to be recognizable.

Ah yes... Aint the digital age great. no more "face" shots without ears or hair.