YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! KKW 17th F.I.C.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Say it loud and proud....YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!! Did you guys (those who attended the KKW foreign instructors course) see him handing out fliers at the end? What a joke that was. I am getting ahead of myself....
This past weekend marked the 1st time that the KKW FIC was held outside of Korea. Those of us who attended got to listen to many speakers in our industry. Masters and Grandmasters guided us on our way to achieving outstanding scores on our exams (I do believe that nobody recieved less than 70% on their exam) and tought us many lessons on marketing and how to motivate our students (and their wallets). I would like to share with you some of the idea's that I took home as a result :
1. I am AWESOME!!!
2. I charge way to little for classes
3. I suck because I do not drive a Bently/Mercedes/BMW
4. Bill Cho is the man when it comes to signing up new students...and upgrading them...and promoting them to 3rd dan in 3 years from start....and for teaching me how to make money on hot chocolate...and for admitting how he does all of this in front of some of his students and parents (did you guys see their faces?)
5. You are AWESOME!!!!!!
6. My demo team need's to lears that cool TKD dance so that they can get laughed at by all of their friends.
7. The USTC is extremely unorganized
8. Even our "Mother" can be bought for the right price
9. Only 50 Masters know how to properly perform Keumgang
10. A certian VP is dating the Korean Travel Org. guy (LOL)
11. We are AWESOME!
12. Twin fist is a fat, lazy texan who is out of shape and can not kick his way out of a paper bag. Who promoted him to 4th dan?
13. Self promotion is more important than education/sticking to the curriculum
14, The KKW instructors ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15. Cheaters can prosper......158x200....I am too tired to do the math
16. GM Chang (think that is his name) is WAY too happy...and can beat up a 300 pound (Twin Fist) guy by running from him.
17. We all needed 3 motivational speakers to feel better about ourselves
18. Napolean lost a battle and quoted some "great" guy
19. About half of the Masters in the USA do not know the current competition rules.
20. Last one for tonight.....That many instructors promote their students to Poom/Black without ever having them spar. Funny, in the rules you have to do Kyoroogi until 7th dan for promotion. Isn't that what the Head of the KKW academy told us right before he told us the #$&wer& to ^h# ^es^?

I really enjoyed meeting all of you from the forum. It was a pleasure to meet other American Masters who actually care about educating others in TKD and love doing it. Where I live all of the masters are Korean and most are not friendly to me...Dunno why...I think I am an OK guy. I just don't always agree and I speak my mind. I also do not have a filter unless there is an 8th/9th dan around.
To be continued....................
YOU ARE AWESOME!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No Matt, You are awesome! I had a great time. I just showed my wife my cert., she said "great, but your name is misspelled." But, I'm still awesome!

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wow! Looks like you guys went thru a different course then I did in korea back in july! WTF! Sounds like it was the american sell your way to the top version, as far as doing the forms correctly... they are right!

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I really like #12! and was the person there?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK I can get a real rundown of what happen? I mean some of that is a joke right ? What the hell is going on with TKD?

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
We are Awesome. And I did see Master Awesome handing out filers at the end. I stop and had my picture taken with him. Why because it always nice to have proof of what a Awesome time we had.

It was really great to meet everone.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We are Awesome. And I did see Master Awesome handing out filers at the end. I stop and had my picture taken with him. Why because it always nice to have proof of what a Awesome time we had.

It was really great to meet everone.
Well, tell us more....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don't know much about your laws but as I'm reading this in England, English law would stand, no 12 is actually libellous and if TF wanted to bring a case here against you he'd win. :boing2:

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
OK I can get a real rundown of what happen? I mean some of that is a joke right ? What the hell is going on with TKD?

No Mat pretty much summed the weekend up in his 20 point list. If I had to add one it would be 21. Dinner with good friends can make the whole kind worth it.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No Mat pretty much summed the weekend up in his 20 point list. If I had to add one it would be 21. Dinner with good friends can make the whole kind worth it.

That is a shame, I guess money is the greatest thing ever.

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well I don't know much about your laws but as I'm reading this in England, English law would stand, no 12 is actually libellous and if TF wanted to bring a case here against you he'd win. :boing2:
Have ever read some of TF crap and insults! And if he was there, isn't he the guy who posted the a KKW dan should be used for toilet paper?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADMIN NOTE

*ATTENTION ALL USERS*

Keep the thread at a civil level. Please refrain from personal shots at other members.

MJS
MT ASST. Admin.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have ever read some of TF crap and insults! And if he was there, isn't he the guy who posted the a KKW dan should be used for toilet paper?

No i didnt. I said that UNLESS you are talking to another KKW person, it is about as usefull as toilet paper since NO ONE outside the KKW even knows what the KKW is.

I stand by that too.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
You are Awesome!!

Well no matter what it was well worth the time for me to meet all the great folks here and the actual short bits of training with Master Anh.

Iceman, I must say somehow I felt like we did the entire course together and I happily consider you a true friend. Anytime you head my way you have a place to stay, meals and company amigo.

MSU stood up to the challengs and in front of all delivered the goods. Miles of course was the silent weapon but man when I looked over it was simply amazing at how clearly he implemented the changes. Everyone of our group was clearly a true Martial Artist and great people.

So for those that missed it here is my great story of pride. As we got grouped up to do our forms in front of the Masters the entire room was pushed to the back in order to have the space to do our Poomse up front. As I kept being asked to sit farther back I finally was on the edge of the room. The last time I sit I am suddenly getting wet. At that moment I also smell coffee. Sure enough someone was kind enough to spill their morning Joe on the carpet and leave it. I got to get up and perform already nervous but now with a big brown wet spot on my rear end. Good times.
I later had to chase my wife around the house trying to make her smell the stain to prove it was not accident of another nature. But thats another story.

158 X 200?? No my friend its way more than that, trust me. Minimum $500 and I would bet more. Do that math : O

Again for me the best part was the MT friends and how great they all turned out to be as people. I really hate that I missed dinner by being distracted by that stupid Gaslight steakhouse and the waitress outfits. Darn it!

Oh, and number 10. My exact thought. But of course as Seinfeld would say....

Dave O.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you guys. Our performance team was called on for a gig at a local fest at the last minute and I had to oversee that project. I was hoping to drive up and meet some of you during your dinner break on Saturday. I look forward to hearinng the feed back on the course.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, msmitht. Was that a sarcastic post, or do you really swallow all of that?

Latest Discussions