Xingyiquan Possibility - Blog post

letsplaygames

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I will say if someone does 1000 Beng Chuan and feels tired, he may still in the Ming Jing training stage that his body is still too tense, and there are some energy still be wasted.

Most people believe that Baji may be equal to the XingYi Ming Jing training stage.

When you think about power, it's not your true power. The true power is the power that come from your body naturally that you don't even realize.

When you have reached to the An Jing training stage, you don't waste any unnecessary energy. Your body start to swim among the air.
I’m editing this cause my first response was a little harsh…

If I had a dollar for everyone That told be they knew Xingyiquan I’d be rich

Wang…that’s the difference between someone who learned mainland Xingyiquan from someone from Tianjin and someone who trained in Shuai jiao who dabbles in a sub art(s) last time I check Wang you didn’t train Xingyiquan. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Your way you do a 1000 Beng Quan and don’t feel tired … the real way…. after about 200 reps your blood is pumping, your sweating .. your feeling the burn in your muscles.

It looks as if don’t know the difference between training Ming Jin and An Jin in Xingyiquan …

FYI in case your not picking up the vibe: I’m someone who’s trained mainland Hubei Orthodox for over 35 Yrs. So let’s not be “Mei” from here out…

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I’m editing this cause my first response was a little harsh…

If I had a dollar for everyone That told be they knew Xingyiquan I’d be rich

Wang…that’s the difference between someone who learned mainland Xingyiquan from someone from Tianjin and someone who trained in Shuai jiao who dabbles in a sub art(s) last time I check Wang you didn’t train Xingyiquan. Am I wrong in that assessment?

Your way you do a 1000 Beng Quan and don’t feel tired … the real way…. after about 200 reps your blood is pumping, your sweating .. your feeling the burn in your muscles.

It looks as if don’t know the difference between training Ming Jin and An Jin in Xingyiquan …

FYI in case your not picking up the vibe: I’m someone who’s trained mainland Hubei Orthodox for over 35 Yrs. So let’s not be “Mei” from here out…
Mei? That one syllable out of context could mean a lot of different things...

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it Mandarin 美, Měi...it means Beautiful
Plum? Proud? I’m not a Chinese speaker. I have only a very slight grasp of It. It’s very easy for me to misunderstand a word. Thank you For the clarification. For the longest time we had the character for courage up in our gym. Then my Sigung saw a photo and told us we had the wrong courage up. The one we had was for social courage like public speaking or talking to someone you don’t know. We immediately got the correct one made that means Martial courage and I put the other one up in my bachelor pad where we often had social gatherings . Phew! embarrassing!

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
As in Mei fun. It's as good an explanation as any.

Iron Wire sounds I can probably get to later in the week.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Plum? Proud? I’m not a Chinese speaker. I have only a very slight grasp of It. It’s very easy for me to misunderstand a word. Thank you For the clarification. For the longest time we had the character for courage up in our gym. Then my Sigung saw a photo and told us we had the wrong courage up. The one we had was for social courage like public speaking or talking to someone you don’t know. We immediately got the correct one made that means Martial courage and I put the other one up in my bachelor pad where we often had social gatherings . Phew! embarrassing!

I am not sure what was meant by the OP that posted it, I was just saying if it was Chinese, it would be....

letsplaygames

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My XingYi linage is:

Liu Er-Biao -> Chang Tung Sheng -> me

Here is my teacher's XingYi (start from 3.05).

This is my Xing Yi. This video was taken about 42 years ago.

Had a brief conversation with Sifu Painter about this very subject the other day (which made me return here... ) I think you need to revaluate Ming Jing and the structure of training that stems form that platform.

And my Linage is from the famed Gen Chengxin in Tanjing... and I have a plethora videos on myself... some even documenting challenge matches, teaching etc you name it...

whoopie...

You are, and always have been Shuai Jiao... and hence when discussing actual Xingyiquan you get lost in the weeds.

Last edited:

letsplaygames

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Wait a second...that's exactly what everyone who says they know Xingyiquan would say...
Oily stool .. the famed "Yóuxìng Fei" Internet Legend... I forgot you where here...
Your quip Gung fu is faltering... you need to practice more .
I bet you have calluses upon calluses on your finger tips and have gone through a couple of key boards since you discovered the internet..
Youxing fei.???? Come to think of it.... that phrase could could be interpreted as a greasy fat concubine too... lmao..) :p
Both interpretations ... do the same.... one at farm, the other at a court.

I'll swing by in another couple of months.. give ya a cheeky retort... ("Fei" just can't help themselves.. I'm sure there will be something here that smells, that no one will want to look at.... when I come back.

Try not to let your Mascara run after reading this... it's not a good look. :D

Quip at you later Youxing fei.....

Latest Discussions