wow...a $3000 1st poom exam!

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The details get more messy. Denial occupies a large part of the minds of the abused and exploited. Also, few parents admit failure to thier children. The GM must be swimming in cash if he has a large number of children with such parents.

Mom says he drives a bentley...no hot chocolate machine though...think his is atu school.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Mom says he drives a bentley...no hot chocolate machine though...think his is atu school.
I think she is lying. How can he be driving a Bentley if he has not hot chocolate machine. I just don't make no sense. :)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
No hot chocolate machine???? Heresy! I'm quitting my school because they don't have one!! How dare an MA school not furnish students with hot chocolate!

Now, all is forgiven if they bring it in from the local coffee shoppe.:p

Daniel

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How can anybody get a Bentley I have just order my machine here comes the money now......

Of course I will also get a donut machine and add a sushi bar just for good measure.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some martial arts practitioners out there feel that anyone who teaches full time and makes his/her living from teaching martial arts is no different than the instructor who charges $3000 as the 1st Poom examination fee. All of the Kwan founders, for example, all had full time jobs and taught martial arts in non-commercial space settings.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some martial arts practitioners out there feel that anyone who teaches full time and makes his/her living from teaching martial arts is no different than the instructor who charges $3000 as the 1st Poom examination fee. All of the Kwan founders, for example, all had full time jobs and taught martial arts in non-commercial space settings.

It's funny... I was actually trying to work out earlier (in regard to the club I'm starting in September) how low I can get the fees and cover the hall hire charges. I have no interest in making money from Taekwondo - I just want to pass it on and help others. Interesting that the Kwan founders seemed to have a similar method.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Personally, I am fine with a for profit school where the instructor does nothing but run the school and teach. But, when one's livelihood is tied to the business end of the school, economics can enter the decision making process at points where for, the good of the school's integrity, they should not.

Daniel