Wing Chun and Chi Kung

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Se-Je, What you said makes perfect sense. But There are some things you might have left out. I would have to see it to better understand it. I had trouble with understanding the distance. Is the distance your index finger and thumb width that you travel up the body. But I always remember that the pressure points I mostly need are on center line and big toe. Like for instance in the middle of chest, the Dan tien, the middle of the head, Below the nose on upper lip, The chin and underneath the eye on face. etc etc. Those are my pain pressure I rememorize.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The distance is between your middle finger and your thumb. With the hand stretched out as far as it will go.
Say start at the pressure point at the hinge of the jaw, behind the ear. (that's a good one, even muscular dudes feel that one.) Put your middle finger on it till you feel pressure(or your partner is easier) then while keeping the middle finger there move the thumb to the front of the throat (should be at the indention of the esophogas (however you spell it) that's a common one, with the thumb.
Then let go of the point at the jaw with the middle finger keeping the thumb at the hollow of the throat and "swivil" the hand around the side of the neck to the shoulder (where the tip of the shoulder attaches to the arm) and push with middle finger. Should be a point there. Or to the side of the neck and upper shoulder where the neck attaches to the shoulder, should be one around there. (There's a couple at the clavicle too. That's one he showed me, brings you straight down to your knees, ouch!)

You can keep "swiviling" the hand like this all over the body from wherever you wish to start. It's easier for me starting on the back of a person (good way to find where they're having tension and pain with a back massage.)

You can walk the hand up and down the body like this, from the feet/legs/ankles/ all the way up to the head.

-On a weird side note, (pun intended lol) it reminds me of a little "jazz improve" cheat my old saxaphone teacher taught us back in the day. Stating that no matter what key any song is in and your jamin' doing your solo and play a wrong note, you only have to move a half-step up or down to be back in key (in tune) with the rest of the band.

Is the universe truely this simple?

It is easier to show, much like jazz improve.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Very interesting,....Thank you very much for that insight...
You taught me something today. Thats my first time ever hearing of that. I just try to remeber charts. But thats pretty cool.

The distance is between your middle finger and your thumb. With the hand stretched out as far as it will go.
Say start at the pressure point at the hinge of the jaw, behind the ear. (that's a good one, even muscular dudes feel that one.) Put your middle finger on it till you feel pressure(or your partner is easier) then while keeping the middle finger there move the thumb to the front of the throat (should be at the indention of the esophogas (however you spell it) that's a common one, with the thumb.
Then let go of the point at the jaw with the middle finger keeping the thumb at the hollow of the throat and "swivil" the hand around the side of the neck to the shoulder (where the tip of the shoulder attaches to the arm) and push with middle finger. Should be a point there. Or to the side of the neck and upper shoulder where the neck attaches to the shoulder, should be one around there. (There's a couple at the clavicle too. That's one he showed me, brings you straight down to your knees, ouch!)

You can keep "swiviling" the hand like this all over the body from wherever you wish to start. It's easier for me starting on the back of a person (good way to find where they're having tension and pain with a back massage.)

You can walk the hand up and down the body like this, from the feet/legs/ankles/ all the way up to the head.

-On a weird side note, (pun intended lol) it reminds me of a little "jazz improve" cheat my old saxaphone teacher taught us back in the day. Stating that no matter what key any song is in and your jamin' doing your solo and play a wrong note, you only have to move a half-step up or down to be back in key (in tune) with the rest of the band.

Is the universe truely this simple?

It is easier to show, much like jazz improve.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I was remembering a story that the old "Chi master" friend of mine told me once.
He was challenged (way back in his day) by some big time boxer for a little cash. His friends really got him into that one (when he was much younger).
He told his cornerman/friend to push him out of his seat in the corner and shove him into the ring as hard as he could at the boxer.
When they did that, he knocked out the professional boxer with one hit.
It reminded me of the scene from "Prodigal Son" where the small teacher (with asmtha) stepped on his student's foot from behind him so he'd push him into the "challenger" in a fight. He pretty much did the same thing.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yea, I love watching the prodigal son on google video...its a great movie...

I was remembering a story that the old "Chi master" friend of mine told me once.
He was challenged (way back in his day) by some big time boxer for a little cash. His friends really got him into that one (when he was much younger).
He told his cornerman/friend to push him out of his seat in the corner and shove him into the ring as hard as he could at the boxer.
When they did that, he knocked out the professional boxer with one hit.
It reminded me of the scene from "Prodigal Son" where the small teacher (with asmtha) stepped on his student's foot from behind him so he'd push him into the "challenger" in a fight. He pretty much did the same thing.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I love how they show the two different approaches to Wing Chun in that movie. Pretty funny too.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What are the two different approaches?

The little guy moves and uses different techniques than the bigger chunky guy.
The larger teacher/brother came into the attack straight in.
While the small brother pivots more and works around the opponent.
Hubbie was really ingrained with the larger man's way until he had to teach me, and had to revert a bit more to the Fung System.
So, prodigal son learns BOTH. (can there be a daughter? lol!)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, Hubbie likes the "bathroom" form! lol!

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh Yea, Thats classical Wing Chun. My Sifu taught be both how to work around and how to take the center. We can attack from the gates. Or Gain entry to the center an let go the chain punches and elbow strikes to chin. Upward elbow strikes do wounders to bigger guy. Also Tok Sau modified with a punch can be a great weapon to someone above your head.

Like an uppercut to the moon.

The little guy moves and uses different techniques than the bigger chunky guy.
The larger teacher/brother came into the attack straight in.
While the small brother pivots more and works around the opponent.
Hubbie was really ingrained with the larger man's way until he had to teach me, and had to revert a bit more to the Fung System.
So, prodigal son learns BOTH. (can there be a daughter? lol!)

styxx16

White Belt
Reaction score
hi there , can you please tell me were can i finda school for wing chun in the philippines, preferably manila areathanks very muchstyxx16

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hi there , can you please tell me were can i finda school for wing chun in the philippines, preferably manila areathanks very muchstyxx16

We just had a student that moved to the philippines. He looked all over and couldn't find one.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
did he google it?

He may have, he is a Techie and opened a internet coffee shop out there. He lived there about a year. Told us he couldn't find one anywhere, and that he missed WC.

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There appears to be other message boards talking about same thing. I found message boards talking about Wing Chun schools in Manila and Cebu. But no one knows where there that at. One person said the WC Kwoon in Manila had closed down because of Gangsters.

He may have, he is a Techie and opened a internet coffee shop out there. He lived there about a year. Told us he couldn't find one anywhere, and that he missed WC.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There appears to be other message boards talking about same thing. I found message boards talking about Wing Chun schools in Manila and Cebu. But no one knows where there that at. One person said the WC Kwoon in Manila had closed down because of Gangsters.

Yeah, we told him not to move there! lol! Soon after he got there they had some rebel uprising or something, scared him to death. He's a sweet, peaceful melow guy. I told him to bring Wiskey and Marlboros if he was going to go, just in case. Something to barter with. lol! (Actually was Hubbie's idea :)

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sad to hear that...wow...

Yeah, we told him not to move there! lol! Soon after he got there they had some rebel uprising or something, scared him to death. He's a sweet, peaceful melow guy. I told him to bring Wiskey and Marlboros if he was going to go, just in case. Something to barter with. lol! (Actually was Hubbie's idea :)

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No, he's okay. Just got scared. He's back in the states, just lost a student when he moved.

Si-Je

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He flew away on a plane to the phillipines and married some lady he met online! And never came back. Married into some kids too. poor SiHing, but I guess he's a happy broke guy now.
Point being, all hubbie's advanced MALE students seem to all move to the phillipines and get married and never come back! lol!
Weird karma, that! :)

Not leaving him many people for challenges, sparring, training, etc. Just little old me. :p

Latest Discussions