Status
Not open for further replies.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Btw anyone else going to watch the blood moon tonight? In UK it's starting about 2100h for about an hour and a half. :D

First fully cloudy evening for weeks, supposed to be a good night for planet spotting too :banghead:

Plus, I'm pretty sure that looking at the moon or using a telescope would most likely get me beaten or killed in self defence.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Plus, I'm pretty sure that looking at the moon or using a telescope would most likely get me beaten or killed in self defence.

Old Icelandic proverb says if you rub a Gurkha’s head under a blood moon you will become invincible regardless if you use TKD or BJJ.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First fully cloudy evening for weeks, supposed to be a good night for planet spotting too :banghead:

Ah we have thunderstorms, bloody great big ones, thunder is just going on and on, no lightening just rumbling all the time. Then the wind blows a hooley and we get torrential rain. Worst thing is it's interrupted the cricket, Yorkshire playing no less, I fear for someone's life if it doesn't start soon.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old Icelandic proverb says if you rub a Gurkha’s head under a blood moon you will become invincible regardless if you use TKD or BJJ.

Probably not his head though lol. They are fit, young and healthy young men.....………. :D

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yea, just practice them for fun or something. Don't use them in self defense.
Instead, use the techniques from Wing Chun, Muay Thai, BJJ and Krav to make your own, much more effective form of self defense. Because if the original forms are useless for self defense, the techniques chosen out of them by someone with a seminar's worth of training will be so much gooder. Or for all unarmed self defense aspects, carry a gun, but not in a holster, because that would be too slow for the drive by shootings that happen on the daily.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Old Ghurka proverb "Try it and you gonna lose your B**ls"

seriously you do NOT want yo piss a Ghurka of they really are tough guys and that without TKD lol

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
People who train for fights operate differently than people who train for attacks. If someone were to swing on you out of nowhere, you may or may not be able to do all your flashy martial arts. Either way, you would've already been hit several times and possibly knocked out before you can do anything.
Now, remember, your flashy martial arts are GOING TO GET U KILD IN DA STREETZtm. But individual techniques chosen by someone with no indepth knowledge will allow you to deflect bullets and smote bad guys from a distance. To say nothing about what it can do to promote rapid growth in your, ah, "underdeveloped areas".

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Instead, use the techniques from Wing Chun, Muay Thai, BJJ and Krav to make your own, much more effective form of self defense. Because if the original forms are useless for self defense, the techniques chosen out of them by someone with a seminar's worth of training will be so much gooder. Or for all unarmed self defense aspects, carry a gun, but not in a holster, because that would be too slow for the drive by shootings that happen on the daily.

Ummm I think the seminars were watching you tube not actually attending anything

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta be his head.......Tez if it was easy everyone would be invincible :D

Mmm you've never watched Carry on films have you? The epitome of the art of British double entendre...…….

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude. It’s McLeod. :)

latest

OP
Isaiah90

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just hope for your sake you never have to find out whether your stuff works, and that nobody you teach does either. Good luck, man.

I hope i never get attacked.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol you didn't explain why ground-fighting is good for self defense or why any form of BJJ works on the street.

Yea, just practice them for fun or something. Don't use them in self defense.

Because gravity is the only one of the forces of the universe that you can employ in a fight.

It is basically a super power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions