Why and How Iron Palm.

Iron Monkey

White Belt
Reaction score
thanks for the post. it's really great.
I have concerns though. What if i do not follow the instructions correctly? how bad will that be?
I think im not quite sure how to apply the 'dit di jow' or where to get it from, or how to make it.
the other thing is, what's jing & shen?
should this be tried without supervision of a senior/instructor?
My teacher makes it and He got it from one of Grand Master Reeders and Arthur Sikes students Robert Baker. It is the best I have ever used and I am not just saying that. contact me and I can get it for you. It is very strong and works wonders on anything.

Gufbal1982

Purple Belt
Reaction score
if you want to check out a really good iron palm DVD, check out Master Tak Wah Eng's. It's really good.

OP
Ali Rahim

Ali Rahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here I am using an iron palm strike while on my knees, mostly because of a sprang ankle that I got from running up and down the hills in the park near my neighborhood or just five houses from my home.

Enjoy,

Ali.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
There are many internal hit medicine which is probably what the book you read was saying bcbernam777. Like for instance Yunam Baiyao is one of the thing used for the internal hit medicine side. The thing is it can cause if over used hypersensitivity. What is in Yunam Baiyao is called miniature ginsing or sanjiao. There are several other used but they each have major draw backs an if over used can make you sick. What the external method has on the internal method is that it takes less time but in time the joints are some what injured. What the internal has on the external is it has less damage to the joints and it take a lot longer(due to using different concoctions an totally understanding what you are feeling after taking each medicine type). So the internal methods are less used an they have first like a trial period where you would have to first see what each medicine does for you how you feel after taking them. Internal is slightly more dangerous.

The thing i have always done after studying for some time now iron kung's is that i always massage the area used to help keep down the joint injury type swelling. Also do a lot of stretching the tendons to.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Ali,

When we train Iron Palm, its similar to what you described.

We start by having the student already practise various sets of internal Qigong before they move on to the Iron Palm training.

The student has to be able to concentrate and move his/her Qi before they are able to start Iron Palm practise.

Then we start the student by hitting a normal sand bag by letting the hands or fist fall and hit the bag. Its important not to use muscle for these exercises.

The next step is to hit wooden benches or sand bags with mung beans.
Also a further note this practise has to be performed slow and will take long periods of time to develop the correct way.

The next step is for the student to hit steel shots or something equivalent in the sand bags, or hit concrete of some type after this is completed.

Also there are further exercises for Iron palm using the urn if you have one.

Our Iron shirt generally starts as most do, with the focus on the dan tien area. And moving Qi to the dan tien this is most important in Iron shirt.

So a basic exercise we start off with is having two people place a pole in the dan tien area of each other and let the dan tien push against the pole and then the partner does the same thing.

THis is just basics but has to be trained for long periods of time before the student moves on to more advanced training.

By the way Ali, you mentioned the type of Jau that you use.
How does it work for you?

take care,
Chang
Iron shirt?... interesting. We train the Bear Sarker method.
Sean

larry

White Belt
Reaction score
It's for conditioning, for work in all iron body training, as well as for use on the mook jong. It has an alchohol base. There is nothing needed to drink, although it is said to stop internal bleeding, even though alchohol promotes bleeding.

Dale Dugas

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Lot of great info here especially from Ali- Thanks.
Just to add a few- on top of soaking hands in hot water I also nuke my little bottle of iron hit wine in the microwave to heat it up. I keep my big batch jar in the dark. Remember not to use plastic containers as certain herbs will react to the plastic.
Another thing from research is that I rub from the finger tips to above the elbows. When doing the all around method I also do it from the kneeling position- keeping hit pad app. 3" below navel.
In the past I have responded to some posts such as this and talked about how true iron palm takes much time. Many want quick results which lead can lead to negs. Hope some of this helps and I look forward to learning from all.

Bill Shovan

You should never nuke your iron palm jow. You should heat it up in a small pot of water that is heated and then let your jow heat up indirectly.

Iron Palm does take a long time. You should start out with a fixed number of strikes(Many systems will argue about said number) and add a strike every week until you reach 50-100(again depending on your system)

Great thread. Good to see others out there training in iron skills.

Latest Discussions