Why am I White Belt in the Website?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do Chinese martial arts...we don't need no stinking belts......
yes...our pants fall down a lot.... but that's the way we like it :D

This is a real thing. One of our kids is a cop, and he says that (thanks to the current fad of wearing your pants below your butt) it's not uncommon for them to catch thugs in a foot pursuit when their pants fall down.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is a real thing. One of our kids is a cop, and he says that (thanks to the current fad of wearing your pants below your butt) it's not uncommon for them to catch thugs in a foot pursuit when their pants fall down.
I love it. I knew there had to be some real world lesson that I could definitively tell kids who wear their pants like that.

Now that I think about it, I’d rather do the police a favor and keep that knowledge to myself. Those guys don’t get paid enough to deal with the idiocy. I’ve got to ask my brother in law (NYS Trooper) if he’s been fortunate enough to not have to chase someone too far because the perp sagged his pants a little too much.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love it. I knew there had to be some real world lesson that I could definitively tell kids who wear their pants like that.

Now that I think about it, I’d rather do the police a favor and keep that knowledge to myself. Those guys don’t get paid enough to deal with the idiocy. I’ve got to ask my brother in law (NYS Trooper) if he’s been fortunate enough to not have to chase someone too far because the perp sagged his pants a little too much.

I get sent footage from his body cam, by him and by other cops. It's hilarious. Whenever he's chasing these people, he's yelling "I'm going to get you! I'm going to catch you!" the whole time.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I get sent footage from his body cam, by him and by other cops. It's hilarious. Whenever he's chasing these people, he's yelling "I'm going to get you! I'm going to catch you!" the whole time.
I’ve got to ask my brother in law if he can send me body cam footage. I see him every couple of weeks. My first question after I say hi is “arrest anyone interesting lately?” He’s had a lot of great stories. He was a corrections officer before he got into the Trooper Academy. I’d always ask him “do you have any new prison stories?”

I don’t know if you heard about the limo crash that killed a dozen or so people a few weeks ago. It was on the national news. He was on the scene and told me what he saw. Not pretty at all. I’d rather watch the funny stuff like the guy running into his trailer and hiding under the blankets. Then making snoring noises and acting like he was asleep when he was found.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

A friend of mine, who is nor retired, thought oversized clothing and no belts was a great help to law enforcement. He also liked those shoes that light up, caught a guy running away at night just by following his shoes

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I thought that was exactly why the uniform for drug dealers was an Addidas tracksuit.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep. What goes "Step, step, pull... step, step, pull... step, step, splat?" A thug with sagging pants...

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thought that was exactly why the uniform for drug dealers was an Addidas tracksuit.
Wrong generation. The Adidas tracksuit and Kangol hat was replaced by skinny jeans and hooded sweatshirts.

But the Adidas and Kangol generation had 2 distinct disadvantages too - the thick rope gold chain and quite often no laces in the shell-toes
11319FC8-9ADB-454C-9F21-E4FC69A50719.jpeg

I love Run DMC. They inspired me to rock Adidas shell-toes and carry around a boom box and a big piece of cardboard to breakdance on.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'll see your Count Dante ad, and raise you a Kung Fu Bunny.

That brings to mind a hunting trip when I was young. We were rabbit hunting and came into a grassy clearing to see 3 or 4 rabbits wildly running in circles and kicking at and jumping on each other. My friend and I were so astonished at the sight that when the rabbits all ran off a couple of minutes later, we were still standing there watching with our mouths open! Never even thought to take aim at any of them, even though they were only about 20 feet away at most. :)

Latest Discussions