Who Won - Red or Black headgear - You Judge

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red headgear.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Point is any controlled technique that makes contact with a legal target area. Anywhere on the head. Front of Body from waist up. Any Standing Punch - 1 Point. Any Standing Kick to the Body = 2 Points. Any Standing Kick to the head = 3 Points, Jumping technique with both feet off the ground = 1 addittional point. Four coner judges. Each Judge scores points on their card only and fighter with more points is the winner on that card. Majority of Judges must mark the same fighter winner. i.e 3-1 2-1-1.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well I admit the red is a much more bold fashion statement, but the black is by far a better coordinated ensemble..... Oh wait...your talking about who won the fight....not who won the fasion contest....sorry :D

If those are the only 2 rounds it appears the guy in the red headgear should have won

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Red should have won on points with the rules given (contact being made)
so what did the judges say was the score
I had it 11 to 8 but I may be seeing or not seeing some stuff

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Before I give the answer I will wait a day or so for more reviews. It was a 1 round fight, Video was just taken in 2 parts.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Red should have won on points with the rules given (contact being made)
so what did the judges say was the score
I had it 11 to 8 but I may be seeing or not seeing some stuff

FWIW the point award of judges is not reviewed since it is whoever wins on the majority of the cards. Since a judge must see the contact angles of vision can affect which corner(s) awards points. At higher levels some fighters will positon their back toward the view of 2 or more judges and try to have their opponents front toward 3 or more so the "Legal" body area on the opponent is more visible than their legal body area.

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I didn't score as I watched, but red landed more strikes and controlled the mat area much better - he also managed to stay on his feet more. Red for me

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Red landed more solid kicks. The spinning hook kick that knocked down black was nice, but since he telegraphed it HORRIBLY, I'm surprised it landed.
Red also landed a couple nice hands, but for the most part the punches were tappy tappy, not punches.
Black had a couple missed opportunities, because he hesitated, and didn't extend fully.

Sent from an old fashioned 300 baud acoustic modem by whistling into the handset. Not TapaTalk. Really.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was coaching Red. At the end of the Fight i Said "I think you've got him," (I thought he won.)

Judges awarded fight to Black head gear. (He got knocked out cold in the next fight and his opponent was DQ'd.)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coming in late, so won't pretend not to know the outcomes.

Red got robbed, unless there were major point deductions for causing the knockdowns. Red landed many more punches, several more kicks, controlled the pace of the fight... and knocked Black down 2x clearly, arguably 3 or 4, depending on if you count a few as slips or knockdowns. Even if some of the punches weren't counted as being too light (looked like it was a minimal contact setting, to me), the controlled kicks should have tipped it his way. Even giving the jump/spin back kick in part two to the black fighter.. Nope. Red got robbed.

OP
E

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
. Even if some of the punches weren't counted as being too light (looked like it was a minimal contact setting, to me), the controlled kicks should have tipped it his way. .

You are correct. This is a controlled contact competition. Excess force can result in warnings, minus points or DQ depending on Severity, Intent and result.

FWIW, as indicated Black got knocked cold in next round. Though he recovered Red literaly had to hold him up during the metal awards. I heard he later had siezures and went to the ER.

I also heard he recovered but that his competition days are over.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Point is any controlled technique that makes contact with a legal target area. Anywhere on the head. Front of Body from waist up. Any Standing Punch - 1 Point. Any Standing Kick to the Body = 2 Points. Any Standing Kick to the head = 3 Points, Jumping technique with both feet off the ground = 1 addittional point. Four coner judges. Each Judge scores points on their card only and fighter with more points is the winner on that card. Majority of Judges must mark the same fighter winner. i.e 3-1 2-1-1.
Given these rules, I would have said that Red took the match as well.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I see a bright future for the Black.....in the Horizontal Hall of Fame.
Red won.

Latest Discussions