Who is a good example of a ninjutsu champion?

Daniel_BMS

White Belt
Reaction score
I am trying to imagine an acrobatic ninjutsu champion for my Game Idea: The Art Of Martial Can anybody suggest a ninja who can portray ninjutsu in an agile and exciting way?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we get royalties if we suggest someone and you use it?

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No such thing as a ninjutsu champion, and in general real ninjutsu doesn't have the kind of acrobatic visual flair that you might be looking for in a video game.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ninjutsu isn't particularly acrobatic
Rolls, break falls yes & more than most styles, but it's pretty light on acrobatics and more about striking, grappling and weapons
So maybe look for a capoeira guy?

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sho Kosugi

upload_2017-8-18_20-24-10.png

OP
D

Daniel_BMS

White Belt
Reaction score
Do we get royalties if we suggest someone and you use it?

Only if I get a KickStarter for the Game Idea.

No such thing as a ninjutsu champion, and in general real ninjutsu doesn't have the kind of acrobatic visual flair that you might be looking for in a video game.

That depends on how it's practiced. We have very little scientific knowledge of what ninjutsu was, so martial arts are free to add anything they want to the style.
Never heard of Frank Dux, have you?
:) :) :)

If only he is young

Ninjutsu isn't particularly acrobatic
Rolls, break falls yes & more than most styles, but it's pretty light on acrobatics and more about striking, grappling and weapons
So maybe look for a capoeira guy?

If more than ninjutsu practitioners one can represent the style in a more subtle way. Already have ideas for capoeira practitioners.

Funny thing about ninjas, if you knew who the champion was he'd be a terrible ninja.

That made me laugh out loud!

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
If more than ninjutsu practitioners one can represent the style in a more subtle way. Already have ideas for capoeira practitioners.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here - any chance you could explain a bit more?

OP
D

Daniel_BMS

White Belt
Reaction score
With my grammatical errors no wonder. What I mean is that the Game Idea can take into account multiple motion capture actors who practice ninjutsu. One can represent it more accurately. Another can represent it in a more showy way.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
How would you do the motion capture?
Maybe I can point you to someone local to you who has good movement....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Let's face it....is any ninja that you are able to capture his motion.....really that good of a ninja?

OP
D

Daniel_BMS

White Belt
Reaction score
How would you do the motion capture?
Maybe I can point you to someone local to you who has good movement....

So far it's just a Game Idea. I would have to research the companies who make motion capture to be able to hire one, and I would have to research how recruitment efforts are done if the idea gets a KickStarter. Currently I live in Northern California near San Francisco.

Let's face it....is any ninja that you are able to capture his motion.....really that good of a ninja?

Once again funny!