Which way is better?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I truly don't know which respond is better, 1 or 2? Any suggestion?

1. I like to punch on a heavy bag than to punch into the thin air (self-center talk).

2. You may like to punch on a heavy bag than to punch into the thin air (try to shove my opinion into your throat talk).

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I truly don't know which respond is better, 1 or 2 or 3 or 4? Any suggestion?

1. Self-center talk - This is why I treat my heavy bag days as my regular work out days, and my punch into the thin air days as my resting days.

2. Try to shove my opinion into your throat talk - This is why you should treat your heavy bag days as your regular work out days, and your punch into the thin air days as your resting days.

3. Try to shove my opinion into someone's throat talk - This is why one should treat his heavy bag days as his regular work out days, and his punch into the thin air days as his resting days.

4. Try to shove my opinion into everybody's throats talk - This is why we should treat our heavy bag days as our regular work out days, and our punch into the thin air days as our resting days.
I read most of your posts. I never feel like you shove your opinions. You write it the way you want. Let people feel about it however they want. I don’t always agree with you, but you always seem polite to me.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. I like to punch on a heavy bag than to punch into the thin air (self-center talk).

2. You may like to punch on a heavy bag than to punch into the thin air (try to shove my opinion into your throat talk).
How about
Sometimes I like to punch a heavy bag
Sometimes I like to punch air.
Sometimes I like to punch a speed bag
Sometimes I like to punch people
You do you.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about
You do you.
But I always like girls with long hair. I will never say, "Sometimes I like girls with long hair. Sometimes I like girls with short hair."

There was a pretty girl I met when I was young. I liked her long hair. During our first date, she cut her hair short. That was the last day I ever saw her.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How about
You do you.
Well said. I agree with all of the above.

A. In my lineage of Wing Chun (WT) we do our air punching with 100% elbow extension. There is a trick to doing it in a relaxed way so you don't over-stress the elbow. Until you get that down, it can help to limit your reps.

B. So when you've done enough air punching, you switch to the wall bag or heavy bag. It takes the stress off the elbow but it takes a while to condition your hands and polish your technique so you don't stress your wrists and chafe or bruise your knuckles. Until you get that down, it can help to limit your reps.

C. And when you've done enough of A and B above... train stance, steps, form, chi-sau, or do some sparring. After all there's never enough time for everything! :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But I always like girls with long hair. I will never say, "Sometimes I like girls with long hair. Sometimes I like girls with short hair."

There was a pretty girl I met when I was young. I liked her long hair. During our first date, she cut her hair short. I have never seen her after that day.
My wife has long hair. If she decided to cut it, I'd be a damned fool to allow that to change how I feel about her. I'd say it is unfortunate that you limit yourself, especially on something as trivial, superficial, and unimportant, but it's not my problem.
Same if you choose to do nothing except punch a heavy bag.
If you are my student, I will try to teach you as many different approaches as possible. But outside of class, I don't care which approach you choose.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

There was a pretty girl I met when I was young. I liked her long hair. During our first date, she cut her hair short. That was the last day I ever saw her.

Dang, John. You are one picky SOB. ...or else she wasn't that nice. ....You do know that hair grows back?

My wife had long hair when we first met. Later, after we were married she cut her hair to "look more professional". I didn't divorce her.

BTW now her hair is so long it hangs to her thighs. Never saw a woman her age with such beautiful, long dark hair!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

HUH!?

Why would either of those be thought of a self-centered or shoving an opinion down ones throat?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You do know that hair grows back?
Not always.... trust me...
When you told a girl that you liked her long hair, next time you saw her, she cut her hair short. What message did she try to pass to you?
That's she's not the chattel of some guy and can wear her hair any way she wants?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe it's more than that.

If you tell your girl that you don't like shoulder pad. Next time you see her, she dresses like a football player, what does she try to tell you?
Allow me to repeat myself.
That's she's not the chattel of some guy and can wear her [insert whatever here] any way she wants.

You also said you had one date. While I might hope that my opinion would carry some weight with my wife (though her opinion absolutely outweighs mine), it's utterly ridiculous to think that your opinion should matter at all to some girl you went out with once.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Allow me to repeat myself.
That's she's not the chattel of some guy and can wear her [insert whatever here] any way she wants.

You also said you had one date. While I might hope that my opinion would carry some weight with my wife (though her opinion absolutely outweighs mine), it's utterly ridiculous to think that your opinion should matter at all to some girl you went out with once.
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! LMAO!

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe it's more than that.

If you tell your girl that you don't like shoulder pad. Next time you see her, she dresses like a football player, what does she try to tell you?
Don't worry. I resuscitate people for a living.
Interestingly enough I assist egomaniacs in cutting people and then putting them back together. You wouldnt be that guy I hand the drape to would you?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I read most of your posts. I never feel like you shove your opinions. You write it the way you want. Let people feel about it however they want. I don’t always agree with you, but you always seem polite to me.
Kung Fu Wang analyzes the chat and discussions always watching