Where is everyone from?

british12

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I would love to know where people are from? and what they like most about their country? Im from Scotland, Glasgow....and I love this place because its vibrant, people are friendly and its very cosmopolitan...................shame about the weather...we cant have it all, lol.

How about you guys?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cleveland Ohio USA....What I like most is the deversity of lifestyles..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to know where people are from? and what they like most about their country? Im from Scotland, Glasgow....and I love this place because its vibrant, people are friendly and its very cosmopolitan...................shame about the weather...we cant have it all, lol.

How about you guys?

Aha, Glasgow home of the Dinky Ninjas! A very good MMA fight team and good friends too!
I'm actually from London (went to school in Aberdeen though) but live in Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire.It's the largest military garrison in Europe. We are on the North Yorks Moors so weather isn't good here either! It's a lovely place though, wild and unspoilt.People here are very friendly and always speak even if they don't know you.

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm from Vancouver BC. One of the most beautiful places to live in the world (usually). But in terms of the martial arts community, we've all got some ego problems. I think it's because it's a Film town myself.

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
From ontario,toronto in canada. What i love about the country, is that when it's december it is really really cold. Mad cold.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Canberra, Australia. Its a beautiful city with an undeserved reputation for being dull and boring, which stems from the federal government being here.

At the moment its the middle of summer and its stinking hot. 35c or better for day after day after day.

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
im from virginia usa.i like the fact that in this state you can go from wide open farm land to big citys that are not too far from each other.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was born in New York City, grew up in the suburbs, moved to Idaho, then to the Pacific coast of Canada, and now to Ohio, and have lived in various places in Europe for varying lengths of time. I no longer feel as though I'm from anywhere...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
West Virginia- I like the fact that I live far enough out in the country, but close enough to larger cities in neighboring states to not feel "out of touch". What I don't like? Cold weather and high cost of living in my area.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm from dinky Washburn, Maine. Grand total of 600 people if you count all the farms as well as in town. 1 store, 2 gas stations, 1 barber, no bars, 6 churches.

What do I lke about it? Low crime rate, decent schools, and what would you need a house key for? Neighbors are still neighbors, not just people living next door you don't know. know all my neighbors, their kids and where they are going to college and what major. We mow each others lawns when somebody is away, we clear the snow out of each others drives when needed, we go for walks in the summer and talk to everybody else who is out for a walk as well. Picture a frozen Mayberry RFD, and you have Washburn (Except Mayberry is much larger. :) )

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Denver, CO - via Illinois, North Carolina, Florida, Wisconsin, Massachussetts, Tennessee, and Texas, all before I was 17... and no, my father was not in the military during my lifetime, which is the first thing most people ask.

Reaction score

How about you guys?

herfordshire, england, about and hour or two away from london, my town has the highest underate and unwanted pregnancy rate in europe , and the area if full of yobs, fights happen quite often , thats one of the reasons i started jujitsu aa couple of years ago , not a nice place , but as british said, you cant have everything :)

OP
B

british12

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Aha, Glasgow home of the Dinky Ninjas! A very good MMA fight team and good friends too!
I'm actually from London (went to school in Aberdeen though) but live in Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire.It's the largest military garrison in Europe. We are on the North Yorks Moors so weather isn't good here either! It's a lovely place though, wild and unspoilt.People here are very friendly and always speak even if they don't know you.

Home of the Dinky Ninjas indeed........they seem to have a good reputation and I know of someone who will be starting there soon.

Canberra, Australia. Its a beautiful city with an undeserved reputation for being dull and boring, which stems from the federal government being here.

At the moment its the middle of summer and its stinking hot. 35c or better for day after day after day.

Would love to go to australia............weathers and beaches look extremely good...........we dont get that here *sob*.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the middle of the great white north freezing my...well...you get the picture. :)

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the middle of the great white north freezing my...well...you get the picture. :)

If it makes you feel any better, Lisa, winter has finally found us here in central Ahiya and we've had snow all night and are currently freezing our, um, pictures off too! :wink1: I know it's not on the same order of magnitude as Winnepeg, but given how mild it's been up to this point, we're so unprepared for real winter psychologically that we're probably unhappier than anyone in the True North Strong and Free is... (except maybe the Vancouverites. They were really slammed earlier this winter and maybe still are, and as you know, they're less prepared for what the rest of us call winter than anyone else on the planet, except maybe people in Hawaii... :D)

Latest Discussions