rudeness

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
I came on this post to talk about martial arts and frankly I thin k its very rude the way certain members approach situations i should be able to talk how i want to talk without someone wanting to be the grammar police and correct the things i say or how i want to speak part of being martial artist is learning to versatile

if a person cant see the good in what a person is saying why comment or be anal about something that doesn't need to be made out to be an issue

the problem in the world today is that people get tripped up on every little thing being overly rude to each other isn't gonna help insightful discussions about martial arts or help us grow as warrior the banner said a fun layed back place to discuss martial arts not a place where you have speak a certain way for what you said to be read its not like something disrespectful was said someones art i was just trying to help out a fellow warrior to feel better instead i get people pretty making fun of me and people talking about my post like i wasn't gonna see it and then they continue to do so like its ok

so i guess im asking why be so critical why cant people just accept certain things for what they or give information instead of being so critical and being rude to others this is a martial arts forum not a English class room
let just talk about fantasy martial art stuff or real martial art stuff we are here to talk about what we all love and that's martial arts not be jerks at least that why im here

Kenpoguy123

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I came on this post to talk about martial arts and frankly I thin k its very rude the way certain members approach situations i should be able to talk how i want to talk without someone wanting to be the grammar police and correct the things i say or how i want to speak part of being martial artist is learning to versatile

if a person cant see the good in what a person is saying why comment or be anal about something that doesn't need to be made out to be an issue

the problem in the world today is that people get tripped up on every little thing being overly rude to each other isn't gonna help insightful discussions about martial arts or help us grow as warrior the banner said a fun layed back place to discuss martial arts not a place where you have speak a certain way for what you said to be read its not like something disrespectful was said someones art i was just trying to help out a fellow warrior to feel better instead i get people pretty making fun of me and people talking about my post like i wasn't gonna see it and then they continue to do so like its ok

so i guess im asking why be so critical why cant people just accept certain things for what they or give information instead of being so critical and being rude to others this is a martial arts forum not a English class room
let just talk about fantasy martial art stuff or real martial art stuff we are here to talk about what we all love and that's martial arts not be jerks at least that why im here
Don't let it get to you man it's not worth post however you want

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look, it's simple, it's not the grammar police or you being picked on....

WE CAN'T READ WHAT YOU WRITE BECAUSE IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AS IT'S WRITTEN.
You can write how you want but you must know that if no one understands you then you are talking to yourself and that would be a shame because you obviously want to contribute here, we are just saying please communicate in a way we can understand and respond to, Remember you aren't helping uncle jack.....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Write how you want, just don't expect people to read it if it's draining on them (us) to decipher what you're saying.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think people meant any harm by it. Just a request so it's easier to read.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't think people meant any harm by it. Just a request so it's easier to read.
i understand that but they are making it seem like im writing in a different language or rearranging the words or something that is what im saying

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
upload_2016-6-21_0-39-29.png

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
so you are telling me you cant understand what a person is saying online without punctuation

I am telling you that if you want to be taken seriously communicating through a written medium, you should probably at least try to write so that other people don't have to work to understand you.

Is English your first language?

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am telling you that if you want to be taken seriously communicating through a written medium, you should probably at least try to write so that other people don't have to work to understand you.

Is English your first language?
im from iowa

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so you are telling me you cant understand what a person is saying online without punctuation

Ah the penny has dropped. Yes, that is what we are telling you. Sentences have different meanings depending on punctuation.

im from iowa

There's an comment in there but I'm not going to be the one saying it roflmao.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ah the penny has dropped. Yes, that is what we are telling you. Sentences have different meanings depending on punctuation.

There's an comment in there but I'm not going to be the one saying it roflmao.
its not funny just like you had someone agreeing with you ive had people agreeing with me

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Use punctuation. Plain and simple. This is not an outrageous request. This is how people communicate through writing. Punctuation is part of that, it makes what is written understandable.

If you want to be taken seriously, use punctuation. This is no joke, and it is not being unfairly critical to you. It is honest good advice.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its not funny just like you had someone agreeing with you ive had people agreeing with me

It's not a popularity contest, I'd win anyway, I'm far more unpopular than you. :p

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can understand what you are saying in your posts. The problem I have, I have to spend too much time figuring it out and decoding it. It's not worth my time anymore. You say that you are capable of good writing, and that you use it in other places, but not here.
No one here is trying to be rude to you and hurt your feelings. We want you to contribute, so that we may learn from each other. But in my particular case, I don't want to work that hard to understand what you are writing. Especially since you only want to practice proper writing at school and in your profession. Please have the same respect for us, as you do your teachers and co workers.

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
ok let me know if you guys understand what im about to say ok

i have been reading at a college level since i was ten years old i know how to speak

i have sat in the room with grand masters ceo's

presidents of universities having to prove my intelligence every which way for years SO IF I WANT TO TAKE A BREAK FROM BEING PROPER FOR TWO TO THREE HOURS OUT OF MY DAY IM GONNA DO JUST THAT IM SPEAKING PROPER ENGLISH MY SPELLING IS PROPER ONLY WAY A PERSON COULDNT5 UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING IS IT I WASNT SPEAKING ENGLISH TAKING ME SERIOUSLY ISNT THE PROBLEM BEING A DAMN GRAMMER COP ON A MARTIAL ARTS FORUM IS STUPID MAKING IT HARD TO READ I UNDERSTAND THAT BUT SAYING SOMETHING LIKE YOU CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT IM SAYING CAUSE A FEW MARKS ARENT THERE IS STUPID VERY VERY VERY DUMB IM NOT SAYING ANYTHING THAT HAS A HIDDEN MEANING BEHIND IT

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
Use punctuation. Plain and simple. This is not an outrageous request. This is how people communicate through writing. Punctuation is part of that, it makes what is written understandable.

If you want to be taken seriously, use punctuation. This is no joke, and it is not being unfairly critical to you. It is honest good advice.
ITS NOT GOOD HONEST ADIVCE ITYS A MARTIAL ARTS FORUM PERIOD WHY BE A GRAMMAR COP

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
I can understand what you are saying in your posts. The problem I have, I have to spend too much time figuring it out and decoding it. It's not worth my time anymore. You say that you are capable of good writing, and that you use it in other places, but not here.
No one here is trying to be rude to you and hurt your feelings. We want you to contribute, so that we may learn from each other. But in my particular case, I don't want to work that hard to understand what you are writing. Especially since you only want to practice proper writing at school and in your profession. Please have the same respect for us, as you do your teachers and co workers.
its not a disrespect thing period its about me taking a break from stuff i have done for years why is it that big of a deal

OP
sgraves

sgraves

Green Belt
Reaction score
so my thing is instead of saying you cant understand me like im speaking a foreign language say its hard to read im not saying anything that's that hard to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions