What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Only the really good ones.
They're all good dogs. :)

1660583364935.png

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another of my most controversial, non-political opinions.... If you wear brown shoes with a blue or black suit..... it a disgusting abomination and just wrong...not to mention a major fashion faux pas

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even Beaker? Pigs in space?
No! I think the issue was a lot of it was ‘American humour’…the unfunny kind…like SNL.…the sketches went on too long and stopped being funny. Many of the guests were unknown in the U.K. It just didn’t travel very well. I should say, I am probably in a minority even here in the U.K., but I never even cracked a smile at the Muppet Show.

Frasier? Genius. Curb Your Enthusiasm? Genius. Big Bang Theory? Very good. Friends? Very good.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only 10% of ‘Monty Python’s Flying Circus‘ was funny. Is this the right room for an argument?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here's my favorite unpopular opinion, hopefully it's non political.

There should be no innocence for insanity. I don't care if it's temporary or life long.

We really don't need any more crazy people. Yes, I know, I'm crass and unsympathetic.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
No! I think the issue was a lot of it was ‘American humour’…the unfunny kind…like SNL.…the sketches went on too long and stopped being funny. Many of the guests were unknown in the U.K. It just didn’t travel very well. I should say, I am probably in a minority even here in the U.K., but I never even cracked a smile at the Muppet Show.

Frasier? Genius. Curb Your Enthusiasm? Genius. Big Bang Theory? Very good. Friends? Very good.
I’m ok with curb I never watched Big Bang. But Wtf? Friends? That is hot garbage. It’s up there with little house on the prairie. Btw In 5th grade I once convinced a girl that I disliked that the final episode in walnut grove was when the natives came to town and burned it to the ground and feathered each and every character leaving them on their faces for the birds and beasts of the field. I admit, it still tickles me a little bit to this very day.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ironic
Agreed. But The Holy Grail is Gospel in the neighborhood I grew up in. To this day.
😄 When Richard Dawkins was signing my copy of ‘God Delusion’ recently, I told him that ironically, his book is my Bible! He smiled and said told me that some hotels have replaced the usual Gideon Bible with God Delusion! “Not in the USA!” I suggested!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An international meeting requires convening to standardise the pronunciation of the -‘stein’ name suffix. If Einstein = ‘Ein-styn‘ then why was Rhoda’s surname ‘Morgan-steen’ (if you remember that programme, you are old!). When referring to the disgraceful Harvey Weinstein should it be pronounced ‘Weinsteen‘ or Weinstyn? How does one pronounce the surname of Prince Andrew’s best ex-friend Jeffrey Epstein…Epstein or Epstyn?

Latest Discussions