What nonfiction book are you currently reading?

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
tbh I never really did, though I know their lead singer is a massive Misfits/Samhain/Danzig fan so that's cool
Ah fair enough, and yeah Davey is indeed hehe. He's got a side project band now as well called Xtrmst that are hardcore ('straight-edge' hardcore), it's pretty extreme stuff, the guitarwork is ridiculous...

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ah fair enough, and yeah Davey is indeed hehe. He's got a side project band now as well called Xtrmst that are hardcore ('straight-edge' hardcore), it's pretty extreme stuff, the guitarwork is ridiculous...

I think I would probably like their early stuff - I should probably check it out

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just finished Bob Woodward's "Fear", and starting "Lost in Math" by Sabine Hossenfelder.

K Williams

Blue Belt
Reaction score
SOG Knives by Michael W. Silvey

01df753076c2d9d4d09609452c6bfcd0.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if fiction or nonfiction, but apparently mostly a true story. Saw the movie yeeeears ago but have never read the book! Have had it sitting on the bookshelf for probably 15 years haha. Am sure it'll relate to martial arts too.. looking forward to it
51dd5207a23a720f25c248dbc22fefe7.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if fiction or nonfiction, but apparently mostly a true story. Saw the movie yeeeears ago but have never read the book! Have had it sitting on the bookshelf for probably 15 years haha. Am sure it'll relate to martial arts too.. looking forward to it
It was an interesting read. The first book was better than the sequel. Not at all sure I buy the "true story" claim.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Dan is a good guy. Was able to train with him a bit during his Systema exploration. He is an experienced martial artist and gymnast. I enjoy his books and liked the movie. He had a cameo in the movie. Enjoy the read.

Regards
Brian King

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dan is a good guy. Was able to train with him a bit during his Systema exploration. He is an experienced martial artist and gymnast. I enjoy his books and liked the movie. He had a cameo in the movie. Enjoy the read.

Regards
Brian King
No way really... very cool Brian! I also had no idea he was a martial artist, just the gymnast, well there you go, can't wait to get started on it now :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marc MacYoung's new e-book -- Multiple Attackers- I'm reading it now. It MUST be an electronic purchase, and you want to read it on a tablet or PC to really be able to watch the videos that illuminate the point. He's gathered a lot of good information regarding the realities of dealing with multiple attackers, putting it into terms that you don't need to be a lawyer or martial artist to understand. And he's committed to keeping the links intact and current, and even tweaking if necessary or appropriate over time, meaning that if you keep your device/e-library synced up, it'll update itself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GRZBDZJ/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Marc MacYoung's new e-book -- Multiple Attackers- I'm reading it now. It MUST be an electronic purchase, and you want to read it on a tablet or PC to really be able to watch the videos that illuminate the point. He's gathered a lot of good information regarding the realities of dealing with multiple attackers, putting it into terms that you don't need to be a lawyer or martial artist to understand. And he's committed to keeping the links intact and current, and even tweaking if necessary or appropriate over time, meaning that if you keep your device/e-library synced up, it'll update itself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GRZBDZJ/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0
@jks9199 Kris Wilder and Marc had a nice long discussion (as they are want to do) that covered info on the book and different things going on. It is worth a listen. Multiple parts.
"Animal” MacYoung – Group Attack II ! - Stickman Publications, Martial Arts Podcast

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wake up, thread!

Just finished reading through just the four gospels in the new testament, but the Lamsa translation version (directly from Aramaic rather than through multiple languages), awesome.

Bought this book 8 years ago on the dot and realised I hadn't read it (this happens frequently), starting it now. Mainly on Hui-neng's teachings.

20220709_093021.jpg

Latest Discussions