What is Your Real Age?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Interesting test that determines your real age regardless of how long you've been on the planet. Questions dealing mostly with health and health habits. The test is in several parts but IMO through. You have to sign in using your e-mail (I used my alternate) and creating a password but beyond that it's okay.
The results weren't as "surprising" as promised... but that was just me. Give it a try.
http://www.realage.com/reg/regvar/st1.aspx?mod=LONGFORM

What did you end up with?
Give your actual age and then your "real age"...

I'm actually 47.6 and my real age is 57.9
Interesting. Gives you something to think about that's for sure.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooh! quite pleased with that, I'm 54 and three quarters and my 'real' age is 47. Not bad. Tickles my vanity anyway.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last time I took a real age test, it said 54. ouch. lol!

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oooh! quite pleased with that, I'm 54 and three quarters and my 'real' age is 47. Not bad. Tickles my vanity anyway.
Well when you are asked you wouldn't be necessarily lying would ya? :D

Shuto

Purple Belt
Reaction score
They asked too many personal questions for my taste. I didn't make it past page 2.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Last time I took a real age test, it said 54. ouch. lol!
Me too. I rated it zero. I'll take this one, but I'm not too hopeful. Must be the crusty old cynic in me.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh. After reading the privacy policy and TOS I will not be taking that test.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
IRL 37, Real age 29.4, although it thinks that athletic people are obese with BMI.
Heh, silly computer.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am 49 and by there standerds I am only 37.2, what the hell if I really felt that young I be competing. Where do they get this stuff from.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Real age 42.1; their calculations place me at 38.9.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wow&#8230; As I have always said when it comes to my age 40 < XS < 50 and per this test I am 0.15 years younger than my birth date says I am&#8230; cool.

Last time I took one of these test a year or so ago it told me I was about 1.5 years older than I actually am.

Must be from getting closer to nature&#8230;.. you know that Sanda training..... smacking trees around. :EG:

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am 29.3 years old and my real age is 22.6! With all the abuse I have put my body through there is no way that could be right. 52 sounds more like it lol.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm 37.8 and the real age said 34.2 sounds good...

kosho

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Still waiting for my results..

A relevant question that I think they should have included would be, did you play sports in childhood, if so did you get injuries and how many?

My dh swam competitvely since he was 8 until finishing High School -- very healthy, but it gave him uncomfortably wide shoulders. His doctors tell him he can't sleep on his side now(compresses his collar bones and ribcage area in bad ways) or do pushups.

He also did Karate since the age of 12 through college with a very old school sensei who pushed kids hard in training. I think some of the old school practices gave him joint injuries that keep resurfacing now.

He was a halfback on the HS football team -- more knee injuries that keep resurfacing.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Anyway, the combination of all of this has added considerably to his real age IMO. I think it's an important factor to keep in mind that what you do in childhood will have repercussions for the rest of your life. For that reason I will not let my kids train in a dojo that breaks boards.

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, I got my results in

I am 1.4 years under my chronological age! Woo Hoo!

Some thoughts on the results:

The best parts of what I am doing right are directly related to my martial arts training -- the cardio and flexibility. Also, the lack of smoking and drinking is surely helping my score.

As to the negatives, I do believe I should have entered my vitamin supplement dosages (but I didn't, I was in a hurry), the test seemed to "think" I was not getting enough calcium, potassium or folate -- not true! That might have knocked a year or two off of my score right there.

I could stand more veggies, yes, they were right about that.

However: their dietary recs are about 10 or more years out of date. For example, the indictment of eating red meat more than once a week, and this damning quote straight from the USDA Food Pyramid:

Eat more grains.

Make whole grains a bigger part of your diet by eating 6 to 11 servings a day of whole-grain bread, cereals, rice, and pasta.

SIX TO ELEVEN??? C'mon, even if it's "whole grain" (a nebulous term), six to eleven is way over the top.
Don't these people know that the most recommended diet by doctors is now the South Beach diet?

Other parts of the advice I received on staying younger I do tend to agree with, such as increasing my social network and overall sleep, and increasing my strength training. Those are worthy goals that I plan to start implementing right away. I need to spend more time with my sisters and grandparents, and I will make a more concentrated effort to avoid the chocolate habit that is keeping me up at night.

More pushups! Situps! Leg lifts! Maybe a few hand weight exercises = stronger punches! Now we're talking!

Latest Discussions