What is your Favoright martial art weapon?

OP
R

Rubber Ducky

My favourite MA weapon is the knife. Second is the jo.

For some reason I don't get too excited about the katana, but I do like that as well.

As for concealing a knife, for the most part that's not a problem. Most folding blades are "knives" and not "weapons", so concealing them is not illegal. Fixed blades, concealed, may be another issue, but "accidental" concealment by a shirt or jacket (ie: the blade is attached to your belt) is not "concealment" for the purposes of Canadian law. The attempt must be deliberate.

I find it strange indeed that Canadians have more freedom in carrying weapons than Americans do, as long as it's not a firearm.

If you're thinking about overthrowing the government, just tell 'em "George told us to tell you..." and they'll bend right over.

It's the rest of us hockey-lovin', beer-drinkin' (except me), bacon-eatin', cousin-screwin' (oops, was that out loud?) Canucks you have to worry about. Just you wait until you're kicked in the shins by a skate, and just try to fight with your sweater up over your head! :moon:

OP
G

GouRonin

Don't make fun of the "sweater-over-the-head" technique! It works!
:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why am I now seeing a late night CTV action series.... "Gou ROnin and his Donughts of Doom, Eh!"? Hockey jerseys and capes....

:rofl:

Sorry about the tanget....had to say it. :)

OP
R

Rubber Ducky

I know the sweater-over-the-head technique works, so would a kick with a skate!

Of course, the sweater technique is a little more practical for more of the year.

Pierre

OP
R

Rob_Broad

After last nights supper I would like take back my previous answer as to my favorite weapon. From now on I am taking my wife's biscuits with me wherever I go. I can only carry one or I'll end up with a quadruple hernia. These things were so heavy and hard that the knife wouldn't cut them. I wish she had made these when sandor had his contest going on. I could have won with those bad boys.

Thru them against a brick wall earlier today to break them for the birds and squirrels, and all the chuks are still there. Somewhere the Pillsbury BoughBoy is hanging his head in shame.

OP
G

GouRonin

I'll eat almost anything. They don't call me a "mutt" fer nuthin'!
:rolleyes:

OP
R

Rob_Broad

I want to buy a piece of land to built a house on, she already knows how to make the bricks so it won't be that expensive.

OP
G

GouRonin

She's gonna kill you.
When she does, can i have your computer?

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Unless you tell her what I have wrote done I am safe. She thinks my computer is a pretty paperweight. So she won't be reading what I have wrote.

OP
R

Rob_Broad

Just bring it. I am a glutton for punishment. Besides does anyone think I will let her out of the kitchen.

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
My favorite weapon would have to be the sai, simply for the versatility. With a sai, every part of the weapon can be used, it's a club, a prod, and a hook. Of course, it's hard to find people who actually know how to wield them, considering that they're one of the hardest weapons to learn (i believe the the 3 sectional staff is among these?). In most instances that i've seen, i've seen people wield them like blades, which I find hard, considering that they have no edge.

OP
W

WuTang

Whatever I can grab a hold of at the time of the fight.

OP
F

fist of fury

The nine section whip and the broadsword.

OP
I

Icepick

IFAJKD -

I dunno, I hit a few people with my brain, now it don't work so good.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like to carry my walking stick or cane, the ones made of wood are allowed almost everywhere (even on planes, and in court rooms). My knivs are my favorite weopons but some law enforcement officalsdo not look kindly on them.
Shadow

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by IFAJKD
still the brain

Ah yes, "Rambo: First Blood Part II" was on a few nights ago.

Rambo: "I've always believed that the mind was the greatest weapon."

OP
I

IFAJKD

how many people are asking Rambo to get off their side ? Someone onced asked Vunak what his favorite techniques were in bar fights. He got down on all fours and began to crawl.

Latest Discussions