shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Navarre said:
Most importantly, it gives me a chance to kiss up to you, Shesulsa. Have I told you today how great you are? :inlove:
I'm hardly great - I'm just popular in the rep department. Doesn't make me right, wrong or better than anyone else. But sucking up almost always gets a member points! :boing1:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
it's disturbing to me to hear people trash other people for their perception as a lack of training because their goals are different.

Does that make sense?
ME TOO sister...

something as wonderful, diverse and multfaceted as the martial arts being pursued by millions of wonderful, diverse and multifaceted humans...
to presume that theres only one way, a few ways or even a handful of "Good reasons" to train....that kind of thinking STINKS.
We should Each decide why WE are "in" the martial arts, and then pursue excellence along Those lines...
damn the torpedos.....FULL STEAM AHEAD.......

Your Brother (have I told you today She-sulsa, that we Loves ya??)
John

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Real Training is doing what you love for the reasons that you love it. Not to jump on a band wagon of what is popular, what is cool in other peoples eyes. We are humans, we all train for different reasons. Martial Arts is suppose to be about discipline and respect. Sometimes we need to show each other a little more of that and let each other train where we want, when we want and for the reasons we want. nuff said.

p.s. I love you too Shesulsa ;)

Lisa

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Alas, my loyal subjects, reap the reputation benefits upon thy profiles and remember it is far, far better to give than to receive. So remember that golden rule, k? :ultracool

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
Alas, my loyal subjects, reap the reputation benefits upon thy profiles and remember it is far, far better to give than to receive. So remember that golden rule, k? :ultracool

spread it around like manure? I will try to be a worthy subject and run out of rep tonight :D

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brother John said:
ME TOO sister...something as wonderful, diverse and multfaceted as the martial arts being pursued by millions of wonderful, diverse and multifaceted humans...We should Each decide why WE are "in" the martial arts, and then pursue excellence along Those lines...damn the torpedos.....FULL STEAM AHEAD.......Your Brother John
Well said, Brother John. :)
Lisa said:
Real Training is doing what you love for the reasons that you love it. Not to jump on a band wagon of what is popular, what is cool in other peoples eyes. We are humans, we all train for different reasons. Martial Arts is suppose to be about discipline and respect. Sometimes we need to show each other a little more of that and let each other train where we want, when we want and for the reasons we want.
:D

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
shesulsa said:
What I mean is 'what is your definition of real training?'

I have been in hearing range when other people have said things such as 'if you're not training to compete, then you're not training' and 'self-betterment my *** - that's just an excuse for laziness and it's not real training' and I wanted to know how other people feel.

I know what you mean. People who take Tai Chi or Iaido or Kyudo or some such art very seriously are derided for not training for the Octagon. I see it as an aspect of the current popularity of MMA...but to a certain extent, it's always been the boxer's criticism of 'weekend warrior' martial artists.

But 'weekend warrior' martial artists may only be seeking a hobby, not a vocation...if someone does the English broadsword once a week just for the heck of it and enjoys it and likes progressing in it, I say, that's great!

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
arnisador said:
But 'weekend warrior' martial artists may only be seeking a hobby, not a vocation...if someone does the English broadsword once a week just for the heck of it and enjoys it and likes progressing in it, I say, that's great!

Whatever works baby.....whatever works....

Your Brother
John

Latest Discussions