How does AI know my personal information?

Kung Fu Wang128 159

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
I asked AI the following question:

"How to prevent muscle losing during old age?"

Beside the normal respond, AI also states the following. My question is "How does AI know that I even train MA?"

Your thought?

🔍 If You Want, I Can Build You a Personalized Plan​

Since you’re already active in martial arts (Shuai Jiao, Zimen, Mantis), I can tailor a weekly routine that fits your style—balancing strength, mobility, and recovery.

Would you like:
  • A weekly training plan?
  • A protein guide based on your meals?
  • A martial-arts-specific strength routine for older practitioners?
Just tell me what direction you prefer.
 
Which AI were you using? Was it copilot, gemini, chatgpt, deepseek or another? If CoPilot, you may have a permission setting allowing it to review your computer for data to assist it. Gemini, same thing but your google search history. For chatgpt or deepseek (I believe), if you asked other questions in the past and mentioned martial arts, it can check your history of other conversations with it unless you delete those from the history.

You could also directly ask it "How do you know what martial arts I am active in? Where are you getting this data regarding me?" And see what it says.
 
Which AI were you using? Was it copilot, gemini, chatgpt, deepseek or another? If CoPilot, you may have a permission setting allowing it to review your computer for data to assist it. Gemini, same thing but your google search history. For chatgpt or deepseek (I believe), if you asked other questions in the past and mentioned martial arts, it can check your history of other conversations with it unless you delete those from the history.

You could also directly ask it "How do you know what martial arts I am active in? Where are you getting this data regarding me?" And see what it says.
I asked Copilot.

How do you know what martial arts I am active in?

I know because you told me in earlier conversations, and you have your memory feature turned on.

Here’s how it works — simply and transparently:

🧠 What I actually remember​

When memory is enabled, I can keep a few stable facts you explicitly share about yourself. In past chats, you mentioned practicing:

  • Shuai Jiao
  • Zimen Quan
  • Mantis Boxing
Since you asked me to remember things about your martial arts background, I stored that as part of your preferences. That’s why I can bring it up later when it’s relevant — for example, when talking about training, strength, or technique.

🔒 What I​

  • I don’t read your mind
  • I don’t pull information from your device, accounts, or browsing
  • I don’t infer personal details unless you explicitly tell me
  • I don’t access anything private outside this chat
Everything I “know” about you comes only from what you’ve shared in conversation.

If you ever want me to forget something — like your martial arts styles — you can just say:

“Forget that I practice Shuai Jiao, Zimen, and Mantis.”

I’ll remove it immediately.

If you’re curious, I can also show you exactly what I currently remember about you.
 

Latest Discussions

Back
Top