What IS racism?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
again, i am not one to support government trying to regulate fairness. I say let businesses be as stupid as they want, the market will teach them the errors of thier ways.

it isnt so much support of the policy (though i support thier right to make a policy in response to dozens of dine and dashers) but a lack of support on excessive regulation.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
again, i am not one to support government trying to regulate fairness. I say let businesses be as stupid as they want, the market will teach them the errors of thier ways.

Not so sure that "market solutions" ever really work, especially in instances like this, but that's almost an entirely different thread This, though:

it isnt so much support of the policy (though i support thier right to make a policy in response to dozens of dine and dashers) but a lack of support on excessive regulation.

Is interesting. Sure, if, in response to dozens of dine and dashers, they'd made it policy that all patrons had to prepay, that would be one thing, but having black patrons prepay, and black patrons only, was wrong.

And racist.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And if all the dine and dashers were black?

if you get mugged by a chinese guy, you want the cops wasting thier time on blacks?

just like every warning label is there cuz some moron tried to do that...that policy was in place for a REASON

like i said, i dont agree with the policy, BUT i disagree with the government getting involved when bad publicity can be even more effective.

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score

if you get mugged by a chinese guy, you want the cops wasting thier time on blacks?

just like every warning label is there cuz some moron tried to do that...that policy was in place for a REASON

like i said, i dont agree with the policy, BUT i disagree with the government getting involved when bad publicity can be even more effective.

But there was nothing reasonable about it. Why should I be punished for others' misbehavior? If the policy was across the board, though, that would be fine-everybody has to prepay: inconvenient, not particularly traditional, but understandable, under the circumstances-We've been hit with a lot of dine-and-dashers, so everyone has to prepay.
As opposed to We've been hit with a lot of black dine-and dashers, so all black guys have to prepay
Likewise, the unequal treatment as far as seating and pricing. The final straw in the instance of Dennny's, though-what really did them in-was not seating a party of black Secret Service agents! Of course, six hard-looking guys in suits come in, who knows whats going on?:lfao:

Oh, by the way-

That's a pretty much a by definition pretty racist viewpoint.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
not only do i disagree, i cant even see HOW you think it is.

If i am a police officer, and i get a report of a robbery comitted by an asian male, i am not gonna waste time doing stop and frisks on white females....there is nothing racist about saying "the suspect was white, so i wont be stopping any blacks...."

if you really think that is a racist viewpoint, please explain HOW it is, cuz i aint seeing it

OP
elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
not only do i disagree, i cant even see HOW you think it is.

If i am a police officer, and i get a report of a robbery comitted by an asian male, i am not gonna waste time doing stop and frisks on white females....there is nothing racist about saying "the suspect was white, so i wont be stopping any blacks...."

if you really think that is a racist viewpoint, please explain HOW it is, cuz i aint seeing it

The one doesn't apply-in the case of the police officers, they are searching for an identified suspect, and, you're right, searching for the anything else would be a waste of time.

In the case of Denny's, they made all black patrons de facto suspects by virtue of their race, and nothing else. That is racism, and endorsing the "policy" is nothing but a textbook racist viewpoint.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
that would have been fine with me. if you are having a problem with dine and dash, have everyone put up a deposit with a credit debit card. I would support THAT policy, but i support the right of a business to refuse service to ANYONE for ANY reason, or no reason at all. NO ONE is entitled to the goods or services I produce anymore than I am entitled to thier patronage.

they dont want to serve white boys from Oak Cliff? thats cool, i will find somewhere that will serve me.

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The one doesn't apply-in the case of the police officers, they are searching for an identified suspect, and, you're right, searching for the anything else would be a waste of time.

In the case of Denny's, they made all black patrons de facto suspects by virtue of their race, and nothing else. That is racism, and endorsing the "policy" is nothing but a textbook racist viewpoint.

I can take that a step further. In Oceanside CA I went to the Denny's on College Drive. They had no problems feeding my White and Mexican students and since I happened to be with 2 of my friends when I was down there on this particular occassion (1 White and 1 Mexican) who'd been to this specific establishment,we decided to roll. What ensued was EXACTLY what elder999 spoke of; and I took them directly to task for it. I collared their manager (who tried to dodge me for 20 minutes) and gave him an ear full. The Oceanside P.D. were called,and I never raised my voice or threatened...I merely insistently pointed out the rampant racism of their policy.

I left and never came back.

Latest Discussions