What fiction book are you currently reading?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Currently on "War of Honor" ... honest I do read other things than David Weber's Honor Harrington books :lol:. It's just that I'm workig through the series again before I read the new ones ...

... oops, that really doesn't sound like I read anything other than Weber does it :lol:.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jingo.
Damn you Omar. :p

I love a good series and somehow Terry has done tons of books and kept the quality up. I gotta say man, for my money he's the most impressive author out there right now. When it comes to sheer quality and volume of it nobody has him beat.

How many series really stay that good that long? Not even Conan maintained that level, not James Bond (many of the later 80's and early 90's books really fell off), don't get me started on Jordan. I could go on right?

I think right now the only other dudes approaching Terry levels are Terry Goodkind, GRRM (but that's debatable), Daniel Silva, Lee Child and John Lecarre.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know about Goodkind. Is Richard just doomed to have everything happen to him? I would rather he followed up The Law of Nines, but, no.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I love a good series and somehow Terry has done tons of books and kept the quality up. I gotta say man, for my money he's the most impressive author out there right now. When it comes to sheer quality and volume of it nobody has him beat.

How many series really stay that good that long? Not even Conan maintained that level, not James Bond (many of the later 80's and early 90's books really fell off), don't get me started on Jordan. I could go on right?

I think right now the only other dudes approaching Terry levels are Terry Goodkind, GRRM (but that's debatable), Daniel Silva, Lee Child and John Lecarre.

I suppose he managed to have so many angles to the story.
But I finished what I am assuming is the last of the Sneaky Pie Brown Mysteries...I liked it well enough but it was not really as good as the first few (and it had a few discrepancies in the continuum from as recent as the previous book...)

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Read James Patterson, and some other guy's Toys, not to bad, the other guy did more of the writing, it didn't read nearly as fast as Patterson...
Now I'm reading Pratchett's The Truth. The Truth shall make ye fret. True.

baron

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm starting Countdown by Jonathan Maberry. I like the way it starts out; I didn't plan to kill anyone. I wasn't totaly against the idea, either. This was a free download for Kindle. Love my Kindle and free book's.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just finished Jack: Secret Vengeance by F.Paul Wilson and started Pratchett's Night Watch. Two books from two authors pointed out to me in this thread.

Latest Discussions