What fiction book are you currently reading?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now I am reading Island of the Sequined Love Nun. Which one of you pushers turned me on to this?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Moore was me.

:p

Fool is my Favorite by him thusfar.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nice. Read that a couple weeks ago... or was it a month.
950 pages! Holy crap, I dropped it, but, luckily, being a highly trained martial artist, got my foot out of the way just in time. That would have hurt!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just picked up Bite me and Lamb, the gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal. It is published EXACTLY like a Bible.
lamb-the-gospel-according-to-biff-christs-childhood-pal.jpg

Gold edging on the pages, little cloth bookmark sewn in, same halfway limp binding
Funny, but, wow.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just picked up Bite me and Lamb, the gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal. It is published EXACTLY like a Bible.
lamb-the-gospel-according-to-biff-christs-childhood-pal.jpg

Gold edging on the pages, little cloth bookmark sewn in, same halfway limp binding
Funny, but, wow.

roflmao! I am sure it'll end up on a bonfire soon enough around here ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, I pull it off the shelf in the library, and start laughing hysterically...

rofl, I can imagine. I would have probably had to scrape my eyeballs off the floor...being in the Bible Belt and all... :) (I don't think the library has it...)

EDIT: I just checked: Audio book... :eek:

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does "reading" include audiobooks? I noticed an ad for a free audiobook from Audible.com in the right advertising pane on Facebook. So I went I got my first audiobook, Atlas Shrugged. There is just something about dystopian novels like Nineteen Eighty-Four, A Brave New World and Atlas Shrugged that I find compelling.

It took a little while to get used to listening to a book. When reading a book and there is a distraction, it is easy to find your place. When listening it takes a little more concentration and a distraction, or falling asleep, may mean searching back through the audio track to find the last thing remembered. At least I can get some book time on my commute. I also find myself not driving as fast. :)

I thought I had a free month for the Audible.com account. It was only 2 weeks, so I ended up paying for a month. The book is no longer free, but I did get another credit for another book. I'm not sure what I'll get next.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know if it counts as reading.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having a book read to me, but I like it to be a life experience.
I don't have a lot of time with no outside distractions and I don't drive long enough to make it count (I found I'd rather have music while driving anyhow)

But: A cousin of mine drive a lot for her job and she is stocked up on audio books.
There are a couple that are narrated/read by the author that make them a treat listening to them (I have a couple of German authors in mind, one started out as a TV comedian, the other I heard his stories on the radio, I will have to buy his stories about his cocktail mixing great aunt and his monk traveling Italy while cooking, recipes included...)
They also supplied my sister with a lot of them when she was sick and really too weak to hold a book.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Does "reading" include audiobooks? I noticed an ad for a free audiobook from Audible.com in the right advertising pane on Facebook. So I went I got my first audiobook, Atlas Shrugged. There is just something about dystopian novels like Nineteen Eighty-Four, A Brave New World and Atlas Shrugged that I find compelling.

It took a little while to get used to listening to a book. When reading a book and there is a distraction, it is easy to find your place. When listening it takes a little more concentration and a distraction, or falling asleep, may mean searching back through the audio track to find the last thing remembered. At least I can get some book time on my commute. I also find myself not driving as fast. :)

I thought I had a free month for the Audible.com account. It was only 2 weeks, so I ended up paying for a month. The book is no longer free, but I did get another credit for another book. I'm not sure what I'll get next.

I'd count it, though I can't personally do audiobooks. Reading forces me to concentrate on the text. When I listen to audiobooks, my mind wanders so much that I end up missing huge chunks of what was said.

Latest Discussions