What clothes do you train in

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just spent a bit looking up compression gear now hehe.. some are quite expensive!

Check out this one, at $189.99 (AU dollar) that's quite a bit to spend, and you'd wanna hope these benefits are true!

--------------

Skins A400 Men's Compression Long Tights

Maximise your potential with the Skins A400 Compression Long Tights. With Skins much vaunted Dynamic Gradient Compression Technology enhancing your blood flow which allows you to reach your peak performance more often, you'll have no excuses when you work out in these tights. The MX Memory Fabric allows you to move freely while maintaining the shape of the tights for longer, while the materials actually work to regulate body temperature to keep you at the optimum level.

-Skins Dynamic Gradient Compression Technology maximises your blood flow during your workout by targeting major muscle groups
-Reduce injury risk by reducing muscular vibration during exercise
-Reduce recovery times by decreasing lactic acid build up post workout
-Unlock your full potential with Skins high performance benefits
-Memory MX Fabric retains shape for longer and allows for maximum freedom to move
-Flat lock stitching reduces irritation and makes for a smooth feel on your skin
-Fabric: 76% Nylon/24% Elastane
3c8f5c3758859854fe6442411e58fd68.jpg
compression pant.jpg
Amazon $14.00 come is several different colors
Have had 3 pair for over a year.

Meister.jpg
$20.00 from meisterelite.com
have several pairs over a year old worn several times a week

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah wow, you know that's always been an issue for me, finding underwear that's actually comfortable to train in, WOW I think you may have a convert! I'll definitely look into that!

Tradies undies at big W.

images

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just spent a bit looking up compression gear now hehe.. some are quite expensive!

Check out this one, at $189.99 (AU dollar) that's quite a bit to spend, and you'd wanna hope these benefits are true!

--------------

Skins A400 Men's Compression Long Tights

Maximise your potential with the Skins A400 Compression Long Tights. With Skins much vaunted Dynamic Gradient Compression Technology enhancing your blood flow which allows you to reach your peak performance more often, you'll have no excuses when you work out in these tights. The MX Memory Fabric allows you to move freely while maintaining the shape of the tights for longer, while the materials actually work to regulate body temperature to keep you at the optimum level.

-Skins Dynamic Gradient Compression Technology maximises your blood flow during your workout by targeting major muscle groups
-Reduce injury risk by reducing muscular vibration during exercise
-Reduce recovery times by decreasing lactic acid build up post workout
-Unlock your full potential with Skins high performance benefits
-Memory MX Fabric retains shape for longer and allows for maximum freedom to move
-Flat lock stitching reduces irritation and makes for a smooth feel on your skin
-Fabric: 76% Nylon/24% Elastane
3c8f5c3758859854fe6442411e58fd68.jpg

yeah skins are very expensive. If you want to halve that look for slazenger brand. But I just buy junk of ebay.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone else go naked?

Isn't that why they call it a "rear naked choke" :D

Gi at class, sweats and t shirt at home with friends.

When starting my new class, I figured I'd use my old gi. So I ask, on the phone, "y'all wear black gi's, right?" Instructor says, "yea....... or white" I love my school!

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jeans that I can kick in, some old running shoes and any shirt. I even go to gyms this way, if they have an issue with it I go to another gym.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At home I even wear my gi, I can't not! Everything feels better in it. When weight training/running just a singlet and shorts.

But if there is anyone out their using compression tops/bottoms, how have you found them? Comfortable, easy to train in? I've read many things like they help encourage blood flow, enhance performance and muscular function and also help recovery. I'd love some feedback if anyone has any! (Sorry to thread steal a bit hehe but relevant I reckon!)
I am a big fan of compression wear. I wear full length bottoms and arms when working out. I can really tell a difference in the fatigue factor.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I train in whatever I am wearing at the time I decide to train.
However, generally with a shifu I show up in sweatpants, t-shirt and sneakers... unless it's my taiji shifu then it is Sweatpants, t-shirt and a pair of crocs
Laid back. I like it.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I haven't looked, so I'm interested if you ran into anything specifically about compression socks. My calves seem to recover more quickly (I use them a lot when running, apparently) if I wear compression socks when I run. Might - as you say - be just placebo effect. Of course, if it is, and stops working because I found that out, I'll be cussing at you when I get up the next morning and can't walk right.
I assumed the compression factor increased blood flow. There is nothing to support. If its a placebo, I have bought it completely.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am a big fan of compression wear. I wear full length bottoms and arms when working out. I can really tell a difference in the fatigue factor.
Ah that's mighty interesting, thank for the feedback! Have heard that they have the performance-enhancing aspect too, I may just have to give them a go and find out how it suits me

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah that's mighty interesting, thank for the feedback! Have heard that they have the performance-enhancing aspect too, I may just have to give them a go and find out how it suits me

The available science indicates that the actual benefit is zero, other than the placebo effect. So convince yourself that your regular clothes provide the same benefit and save yourself some money.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
The available science indicates that the actual benefit is zero, other than the placebo effect. So convince yourself that your regular clothes provide the same benefit and save yourself some money.
Hehe fair enough :). Am just reading up on it now, and you're right in one respect, seems like some mixed results. One article is saying that for more endurance-based training it does zilch, but works better for more explosive activities. Some football and basketball players swear by them, others say no difference..

Although the benefit of increased proprioception or a person's perception of their body positioning may be useful. And the feeling of support too, and I do think these harder to measure qualities absolutely make a world of difference to performance. So not necessarily placebo effect here (although powerful in itself), but perhaps that's why the results are mixed due to different individual differences on awareness and where their general focus, approach and makeup is at.

Just some ramblings, but fascinating :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only the placebo affect were so easily obtained.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the dojo I generally wear a gi (usually with rash guard underneath) or else shorts & rash guard. Training outside the gym, whatever feels comfy for the weather.

spidersam

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In class, the gi. At home, I usually start in sweatpants and a sweatshirt and work my way down to shorts and a polyester tshirt or compression shirt. I guess you could determine how hard I work out by what's still on :D

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hehe fair enough :). Am just reading up on it now, and you're right in one respect, seems like some mixed results. One article is saying that for more endurance-based training it does zilch, but works better for more explosive activities. Some football and basketball players swear by them, others say no difference..

People swear by a lot of things that are absolute nonsense. That's why advertising exists.
There's no actual evidence that they do anything for explosive activities either. Advertising, sure. But no actual science.

Although the benefit of increased proprioception or a person's perception of their body positioning may be useful. And the feeling of support too, and I do think these harder to measure qualities absolutely make a world of difference to performance. So not necessarily placebo effect here (although powerful in itself), but perhaps that's why the results are mixed due to different individual differences on awareness and where their general focus, approach and makeup is at.

Just some ramblings, but fascinating :)

What you're describing IS placebo effect.

There are times when I don't care if the effect is a placebo effect - as long as I get the benefit.

Except there isn't any real benefit. Your actual performance will be exactly the same. It's only different in your mind.

I know people who put magnets on their fuel lines, turbo intake fans in their intakes and other things like that and are convinced they're running quicker. I personally know one guy who was absolutely convinced that his car was running 11's because of all the crap he'd done to it. Got him to go to the track, and he ran low-15's. Exactly what a stock car like his would run. Because all that crap he'd bolted to it, just like compression clothing, did absolutely nothing. Except convince him he was quicker than he really is.

Convincing yourself that you're the fastest person on earth won't actually make you fast. It'll just make you delusional.

And in this case, you'll be delusional with a lot of very expensive underwear.

Latest Discussions