Training clothes and pants that fit?

Tommy83

White Belt
Reaction score
I am obviously a little new here. I have been a lurker for a while and I am still getting to know what goes where here.

I have a few questions about clothing that I would like to get some input on from this great community.

My experience is in the Chinese martial arts. I do some weapons work as well as tai chi and empty hand forms. I have been away from it for many years but decided to dive back in this year, and I am seeing some nice results, getting that old strength back.

1. Where do you recommend getting some nice training clothing? I can get by with athletic shirts but pants are my main question. Down the line a nice training gi would be cool too. Any suggestions for where to buy and specific products would be really helpful.

2. My thighs are getting bigger with the low stance work. My favorite jeans are almost too tight in the thighs. Am I destined to buy a bigger waist and belt up? Or visit a tailor? I am already in the relaxed fit. Can you suggest any brands that might work for you?

Thanks so much for any input you can offer!

Respectfully,
Tommy

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am obviously a little new here. I have been a lurker for a while and I am still getting to know what goes where here.

I have a few questions about clothing that I would like to get some input on from this great community.

My experience is in the Chinese martial arts. I do some weapons work as well as tai chi and empty hand forms. I have been away from it for many years but decided to dive back in this year, and I am seeing some nice results, getting that old strength back.

1. Where do you recommend getting some nice training clothing? I can get by with athletic shirts but pants are my main question. Down the line a nice training gi would be cool too. Any suggestions for where to buy and specific products would be really helpful.

2. My thighs are getting bigger with the low stance work. My favorite jeans are almost too tight in the thighs. Am I destined to buy a bigger waist and belt up? Or visit a tailor? I am already in the relaxed fit. Can you suggest any brands that might work for you?

Thanks so much for any input you can offer!

Respectfully,
Tommy

Jonie for the epic win... www.jonieuniforms.com

Her stuff is all I've worn for over a decade.

Latest Discussions