Outerwear Compression Short w/ "cup holder"

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some decent compression shorts with a pocket for some "self-protection". We normally all change into/out of our uniforms in the training room (so we all wear shorts and t-shirt under our clothes and uniforms), so I want some that are designed as outerwear, not underwear.

Any suggestions?

(And now I wait for the karma from my posts about the long pole search.)

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem with this is no matter what "compression" garment you get, people will think it's underwear. Especially if it has a cup.

OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you teaching minors? Just strip down to your skivvies. No shame.
It's a public building (operated by parks & recreation), so not an option, even if all present were comfortable with it (which some likely wouldn't be, it being mixed gender).

OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with this is no matter what "compression" garment you get, people will think it's underwear. Especially if it has a cup.
Some decidedly look like underwear, while others look more like biking shorts. Most days, a cup isn't necessary (mostly in free sparring and such) - I just don't want to have to vary my gear for those days, so want the option.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's a public building (operated by parks & recreation), so not an option, even if all present were comfortable with it (which some likely wouldn't be, it being mixed gender).

People wear bikinis that don't really hide anything. There's nothing indecent about underwear that actually covers anything.

As for the question, I think you should be looking at vale tudo style shorts.

OP
Gerry Seymour

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People wear bikinis that don't really hide anything. There's nothing indecent about underwear that actually covers anything.
While I agree, that's not a common perception, and I'm fairly sure some of the adults in the building would be upset if their kids saw folks standing around in their underwear.
As for the question, I think you should be looking at vale tudo style shorts.
That's a good idea, and probably a better search term than just "compression shorts".

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
If I walked into a dojo or studio and saw the sensei in a bikini I'd leave.

I think it depends on how well they were rocking it.

IMG_2694.JPG
IMG_2696.JPG
IMG_2701.JPG

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm looking for some decent compression shorts with a pocket for some "self-protection". We normally all change into/out of our uniforms in the training room (so we all wear shorts and t-shirt under our clothes and uniforms), so I want some that are designed as outerwear, not underwear.

Any suggestions?

(And now I wait for the karma from my posts about the long pole search.)

Son wears baseball compression sliding shorts from Academy.

They will hold a cup but are a little thicker than normal jock underwear. They also have a little extra padding in the thighs and hips.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
16640623_670659726447757_5299986913144052035_n.jpg
you are looking for vale tudo shorts.

I could sell you a set of official courage ones if you want. Then you to could look like this guy.

Latest Discussions