tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Triggers? With me it's saying or typing the words "Lizard breath"

Oh, **** :p

kittybreed

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hopefully you've seen an eye doctor by now. If not, make an appointment today! Your retina could be detaching from the back of your eye and that must be ruled out not.

kittybreed

Green Belt
Reaction score
RE my last post: I didn't read that you had detached retina ruled out before I posted. I friend's husband delayed treatment with the same symptoms and lost his sight. I wanted to post immediately as soon as I saw your symptoms. Hope all is well now.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RE my last post: I didn't read that you had detached retina ruled out before I posted. I friend's husband delayed treatment with the same symptoms and lost his sight. I wanted to post immediately as soon as I saw your symptoms. Hope all is well now.

she got it taken care of

And i am very glad it wasn't anything to serious :)

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Say, did the eye doc say what factors could cause these things? I experienced similar probs twice in my forty+ years; mine started with the flash and then it was like I was looking through shattered/cracked glass with pretty colors twinkling here and there. I thought it was strange because it remained in the same area in my field of vision no matter which eye I looked through. It was damned annoying; couldn't focus on my work in front of me. Anyway, this only happened to me when I lived in Phoenix, Arizona. Never before and never since. So, did the doc mention if environmental factors could be to blame?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

By the way...good job going to the doc and getting checked out; smart!

We were cross-posting at the time. I just saw your reply now. From what the doc told me, I gathered that the same things that cause migraine headaches cause ocular migraines. Basically, it's a migraine without the pain. I don't think enviroment would cause it, but rather what other trigger could have caused it while you were living there. Maybe something you were eating at the time, or if you were particularly stressed while you were living there.

kittybreed said:

That's cool. I appreciate the concern. The doc wanted to rule that out right away too, she said the symptoms of detached retina and ocular migraine are the same.

Latest Discussions