USAT CEO Accepts New Consulting Position

hungryninja

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Taken from http://usa-taekwondo.us/news/2011/08/12/usat-ceo-accepts-new-consulting-position/44082:

USA Taekwondo, Inc., based in Colorado Springs, Colo., announces that David Askinas will become its consultant through the Olympic Games in July 2012. Mr. Askinas stated, “I am proud of the progress we have made with USA Taekwondo and I look forward to continuing to help the organization over the next year while I embark on some exciting new opportunities.”
Mr. Askinas formerly served as CEO.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
so does this mean davey isnt the CEO anymore?

i been gone (ofline) and lost as to the lastest drama...

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
so does this mean davey isnt the CEO anymore?

i been gone (ofline) and lost as to the lastest drama...

I like the way they tossed in that he "formerly served as CEO" - it doesn't spell out whether he resigned or if he was tossed. I would be willing to bet that the BOD discussed how to get rid of us and came up with this as a severance package. As usual they did not tell who is now in charge, although the succession plan calls for the CFO to be in charge. If the BOD voted to toss Dave or put in anyone but CFO, it is illegal. There are 10 director seats by the bylaws, there were 5 represented at the last few meetings. Can't have a meeting w/o a quorum. let alone vote. But then when has this board ever cared about the bylaws or even read them

Yes Davey is out. He just continues to get paid, only as a consultant. I suspect that this was a golden parachute.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I find it amusing nobody is saying anything aout this. I would have bet the farm people would have had alot to say, I guess they are waiting to see what and if anything is going to happen before stepping off that cliff.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well I find it amusing nobody is saying anything aout this. I would have bet the farm people would have had alot to say, I guess they are waiting to see what and if anything is going to happen before stepping off that cliff.

I think it they think it is too good to be true and another of david's tricks.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Yeah me too.

I agree, I think many "are" skeptical about what this means. With so many other antics, its hard to understand this one. "consultant"???? what the hell...

I was trying to catch up on some email's, and saw Glenn had alot to say about it on taekwondo-net. seems there's alot going on thats not been discussed, like the lajust and PATU crap.

Sorry, Ronda, your page and Denise is the next to read and get caught up... not much time online lately...

thanks for the info.

hal-apino

Green Belt
Reaction score
You won't see much on my site as I am still "staring" at the announcement and tapping my pen on my desk trying to figure out what it means. Can't really write much, to many "don't knows" with this one! Don't know even where to send Flowers to Davie, as I hear he has not showed up for work since last Wed. No minutes of the last meeting, I would hope there is some information in that but doubt it. I was a bit thrilled to see that his Pictures was removed from the USAT web-site. So I will sit here and refresh every few minutes to see if the USAT is going to give it's members a more informative announcement on the current events.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You won't see much on my site as I am still "staring" at the announcement and tapping my pen on my desk trying to figure out what it means. ...

yeah, i think we all are. well, it wasnt' a dramatic or explosive exodus...

Latest Discussions