USAT commited to LaJust

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even with the nuetal ones if you are buying a complete set for your school you still would buy two of every size. So my numbers are right with the actual cost.
Nope, won't buy them. We just train to hit the target areas with the correct techniques that is all. I really don't see the need to have them for training. I know everyone wants to work with them to see how to score better, but I believe that if you work on your techniques and accuracy you should have no problems scoring.

I use to think that we needed some but after some more thought I have since changed my mind. It is really a simple concept, hit the target with the proper technique and "ding", a point. Normal hogus work well for that kind of training.

Think about it. You can find all the sweet spots you like but if you can't hit it, and with the proper technique, then what does that matter?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope, won't buy them. We just train to hit the target areas with the correct techniques that is all. I really don't see the need to have them for training. I know everyone wants to work with them to see how to score better, but I believe that if you work on your techniques and accuracy you should have no problems scoring.

I use to think that we needed some but after some more thought I have since changed my mind. It is really a simple concept, hit the target with the proper technique and "ding", a point. Normal hogus work well for that kind of training.

Think about it. You can find all the sweet spots you like but if you can't hit it, and with the proper technique, then what does that matter?

We do that know but after going and using them I have found it best for students to be able to really understand what it takes to get a point. Correct me if I am wrong but the LaJust also works on power as well as accurancy right and for that they need to know what will and what will not be hard enough to score a point. Maybe I am just getting it confused with some other systems out there.
icon10.gif

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
We do that know but after going and using them I have found it best for students to be able to really understand what it takes to get a point. Correct me if I am wrong but the LaJust also works on power as well as accurancy right and for that they need to know what will and what will not be hard enough to score a point. Maybe I am just getting it confused with some other systems out there.
icon10.gif
Yes you are correct but no one should be trying to kick lightly. I don't need a e-hogu to teach my students to kick with power.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes you are correct but no one should be trying to kick lightly. I don't need a e-hogu to teach my students to kick with power.

You are right I am just trying to justify why we should be getting them. Damm it is hard to really justify all that money is'nt it?

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are right I am just trying to justify why we should be getting them. Damm it is hard to really justify all that money is'nt it?
I think so. Nice to have though. If you have the money and it won't hurt you to get them then I say go for it. But I know we don't have the money for them and after you think about it you really don't need them.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is the thing. All the E-hogu manufactures need to sell these things to make money. But the only people they can sell to is orgs like USAT or WTF. There really is no other use for them other than a tournament. Why do you think companies like Sony, Samsung, LG, and any other high tech company is not making them? No money in it at all. That is why the prices are so high. I mean if you look at it the system is nothing but a hogu with some pressure sensors on it. Then they add some wireless communication back to the computer. How much does that really cost if you think about it. The WII is basically the same thing. But mass money in that. Everyone can be marketed to for buying a WII. How many people will really buy this e-hogu? Not many. So no big tech company will even think about making them. I am sure they could produce something pretty quickly as good or better than what is out there now. Plus much cheaper also. If there was a mass market for them.

To me the orgs should have paid one of the high tech companies to make these things and then only used them at the World Championships and the Olympics. All other tournaments just keep using judges at 4 corners, even Nationals and Opens.

Companies would have done it too. Think of the advertising they would get for free. Fighters would have a Sony logo on the hogu during a world event. The companies may have done it just for the advertising. USAT or WTF would have a good product to make the high level comps fair and the company would get world marketing.

OK I am off my soapbox now. Ha ha ha....

Truescore East

White Belt
Reaction score
If the Daedo system is "far superior" to LaJaust, why did the WTF -- to the dissapointment of the Korean team-- switch to the LaJust system at the recently concluded Asia Games? For the old timers, is this a VCR V/s BETA type of commercial battle, politics, or real technology difference that make one system superior to the other?

I saw this thread and thought that I would join this forum in case there is anyone that wants information about Daedo/truescore. there is so much information out there and alot of it is incorrect. so I figured if anyone had any questions I would be available to answer them.

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I saw this thread and thought that I would join this forum in case there is anyone that wants information about Daedo/truescore. there is so much information out there and alot of it is incorrect. so I figured if anyone had any questions I would be available to answer them.

You can start by giving yourself some credibility and letting us know who you are and what your roleis with daedo that makes you an authority.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can start by giving yourself some credibility and letting us know who you are and what your roleis with daedo that makes you an authority.

I second mango.man please tell us who you are and in what capacity you are involved in with true score?

Truescore East

White Belt
Reaction score
My name is Nick Yacobucci and I am the Daedo/Truescore distributor for the Eastern half of the United States. I have been involved now with Truescore for 2 years. Before that I was part of Daedo USA and also Daedo Florida. I have become so heavily involved in the electronics with Truescore that I no longer am involved with the regular gear just the electronics.
you can visit www.truescoreeast.com to see who I am and what my involvement with Daedo/Truescore is.

I would be happy to answer any and all questions about the electronics.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Nick and I have meet you in Florida with the AAU, can you tell me why itis AAU is not considering the system at this point or are you still in negotiations with them. I really do like the system from what Isaw but really do notknow alot about any upgrades that have been done over the last year or so, please tell us what makes them the best right now in your opinion.

Truescore East

White Belt
Reaction score
Daedo/Truescore signed a one year agreement with the AAU that started when we went to Ft. Lauderdale and did their Team Trials for them. But right now it is up in the air with the AAU, we are waiting for them to come to a decision about our agreement. Macho has decided not to renew with the AAU and now the AAU is looking for another sponsor for the big bucks. I believe they are talking to Vision who is trying to bring KP&P into this country. Vision is not WTF approved and neither is the KP&P system, but if they are willing to pay the big bucks AAU will switch from Daedo/Truescore.

Right now the helmets are done and have been used all over, the latest is the senior european championships and the Junior division Canadian and French Open. We also used them in Aruba at the best of the best tournament in November. They are already WTF approved as is the entire system. The gloves will be done shortly.

When you hear things like the Koreans use Lajust that is not totally accurate. This year they switched and used Daedo/Truescore for the Korean Open and the Chinese used us for the Sport Accord games, they wanted to use us for the World Cup, but were forced to use Lajust since when Lajust signed their agreement with the WTF had a clause put in there that says, any event run by the WTF has to be Lajust so they were made to cancel our agreement and use Lajust. We also had an agreement to do the Central American games in Puerto Rico, but had the contract cancelled when PATU made them use Lajust.

We had 4 different AAU qualifiers set up, but that is all been put on hold for now.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So Nick is Daedo not trying to work with AAU? I mean they need a sponsor you Daedo seem to be the right choice.

Truescore East

White Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to give you some insight into the system, their probably are alot of you out there that has never seen the system work.

The chest guards run from size 0 thru size 5 and they are the exact size and wieght as a regular chest guard. The chest guards are red and blue and work on both sides. Atransmitter is put in a pouch in the back of the chest guard that is located right at the neck line in the center. a reciever is attached to the computer which recieves the signal from the transmitter. Inside the chestguards on each side of a slim pressure plate are thin wire cables that run continually so their are absolutely no dead spots. Every spot on the chest guard that is red or blue will score, backside scores very well. The feet have rare earth magnets in them on top of the foot and on the bottom of the foot. the frequencies and the magnets are all pantented worldwide. Cell phones and water have absolutely no effect on the system. the sytem will score up to 5 points in one second.
The helmet works exactly the same way as the chest guard. Also we do not eat up batteries, our transmitters have 14 hour batteries in them are rechargable. they only take about an hour to totally recharge.

The ETU, ATU and the OTU have all signed agreements with Daedo/Truescore, just about everywhere but the good old USA and PATU. They are all changing, this coming year their are only 2 tournaments that I know of using Lajust in Europe and that is the German Open and the Bulgarian Open. The Germans have Kwon as thier sponsor so they would have to make a deal with Daedo before they did their tournament for them.

If I have not covered everything, just ask. Also there are some very excellent videos on the Truescore East website. So now all are waiting for is the IOC to say who is doing the Olympics. We feel pretty good, but his is Taekwondo so we are using guarded optimism.

So all of the different problems you hear everyone complaining about with Lajust do not exist with the Truescore system. I was going to attach a copy of a letter submitted to Canadian taekwondo from their observation committee and judges chair, but I can't figure out how to attach it.

Truescore East

White Belt
Reaction score
So Nick is Daedo not trying to work with AAU? I mean they need a sponsor you Daedo seem to be the right choice.

We totally agree with you, but we will only agree to a performance based relationship. If AAU did not mandate that all qualifiers and AAU tournaments use the system for all ages and that answer was not forthcoming.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
USAT is committed to LaJust? If people want meaningful change at USAT, then the answer is simple: don't support LaJust. Don't buy their stuff for your dojang. keep all expenses with respect to LaJust equipment as low as possible. Give LaJust as little money as possible so that LaJust thinks twice about sponsoring USAT or giving USAT money in the future. Make the LaJust deal so unprofitable for LaJust that they won't want to renew their agreement with USAT.

That goes for any vendor that is giving money to USAT.

Latest Discussions