ULTIMATE DEFENCE AGAINST KNIFES

Clyde Cash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I picked up this little doozy on the streets of Honduras. If the attacker goes in for a thrust just catch the blade, it's as simple as that. Once you have control of the blade, use it as a lever to throw them off balance. Then you can let loose.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah you go try that. I'll be sure to be at your funeral

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah you go try that. I'll be sure to be at your funeral
Makes just as much sense as his plan after getting taken down: “Just get back up and suck it up.” Yup, that always works too. Just ask anyone who’s been ground ‘n pounded, pro MMAers included. Oh that’s right, he said they don’t think of it because “their mind gets clouded in a fight.” Yeah, by their head hitting the ground and/or getting punched in the head while they’re down.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is this Isaiah all over again? I’m waiting for the run in a circular line against a Nerf gun routine.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Is this Isaiah all over again? I’m waiting for the run in a circular line against a Nerf gun routine.

I believe it's just a troll putting on a guido act like the Clyde Cash comic character

D

Deleted member 39746

Technically, skallagrim did a video detailing the possibility of holding a blade and holding it against somone who is trying to withdraw it, granted its stupid and you need a strong grip to do it.

(not taking into account catching the blade)

So it is possible, unlikely, but possible. :p

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Are we talking about something like this?

iron-glove.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Technically, skallagrim did a video detailing the possibility of holding a blade and holding it against somone who is trying to withdraw it, granted its stupid and you need a strong grip to do it.

(not taking into account catching the blade)

So it is possible, unlikely, but possible. :p
Thats actually a common jma strategy from what i understand, more for swords yhen knives though. Catch the grip when you see the person going for the sword (or knife or gun or whatever i guess), so it doesnt have the potential to become dangerous.

Ive been told thats part of the reason a lot of jma teach wrost grab breaks first-gripping or brealing the grip was the first part of the fight.

Latest Discussions