Two Men Use Girl As Human Shield — Until Her Father Guns Them Down

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two Men Use Girl As Human Shield ? Until Her Father Guns Them Down

St. Louis couple is likely thankful to have guns in their home after they were forced to use them to defend their daughter against two men Monday night. The men, one of whom had an extensive rap sheet, confronted the couples’ 17 year-old daughter after she stepped outside of the house to go to her car, reports the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Cortez McClinton, 33, and Terrell Johnson, 31, held a gun to the girl’s head and used her as a shield as they entered the family home, where a five-year old child was also present.
The girl’s father and mother witnessed the abduction, and both retrieved their guns. When McClinton and Johnson entered, the father fired several shots, hitting both men. The girl’s mother fired one shot but missed.

OP
Instructor

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine.... The odds of shooting their own daughter seem high the way the story is written. Nightmare.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
actually there is a good tactic to use if you have 2 good gun vs a single human shield. Works very good I dont know if they knew it and used it or not. It makes not hitting the shield easy

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
actually there is a good tactic to use if you have 2 good gun vs a single human shield. Works very good I dont know if they knew it and used it or not. It makes not hitting the shield easy

Yup. Diversion, suppression and flanking. I wish more people thought of these things when choosing a weapon for home defense.
I wonder what they used...

On another note, people rarely suggest a rifle for home defense but in the event you need a precise shot, a rifle certainly is better than a handgun or shotgun.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup. Diversion, suppression and flanking. I wish more people thought of these things when choosing a weapon for home defense.
I wonder what they used...

On another note, people rarely suggest a rifle for home defense but in the event you need a precise shot, a rifle certainly is better than a handgun or shotgun.
My go to for home defense is my AR

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One charged with second-degree murder, kidnapping, burglary, and criminal armed action and is being held on $1 million bond.
The other guy died at the scene.

God, I love happy endings.

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My go to for home defense is my AR

My bedside gun is a Stevens 320 stacked with 00, slug, 00 and the rest slugs but I generally carry a .40 with me when I need to go downstairs in the dark. If I go outside, it's my mosin. Just a point and shoot weapon, more to worry about from wildlife anyways and we've had a bear with her cub hanging around...my old lady keeps my P22 above her on the headboard. It'll do. Gonna have to refigure the defense options after July 1 when we move...buying a house.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My bedside gun is a Stevens 320 stacked with 00, slug, 00 and the rest slugs but I generally carry a .40 with me when I need to go downstairs in the dark. If I go outside, it's my mosin. Just a point and shoot weapon, more to worry about from wildlife anyways and we've had a bear with her cub hanging around...my old lady keeps my P22 above her on the headboard. It'll do. Gonna have to refigure the defense options after July 1 when we move...buying a house.

Congrats on the upcoming house, bro. It's nice owning a house, makes for lots of options dealing with our weapons.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
The dad must've been really skilled to be able to hit the bad guys without hitting the girl, it takes good skill and ability to do that. Good thing he wasn't using a scattergun.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good thing these stories don't make the news often, because most gun owners do not have a lick of training!

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its good when stories like these where an innocent person uses a gun to stop bad guys but unfortunately cases where guns are improperly used such as the Sandy Hook shooting, always become the top story.